What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The arguments all form from the idea of "full screen", but what happens when Bane isn't full screen?
Lex's lack of wake-ups and dependence on time to get momentum plays against him once Bane is in close.

Not to mention those laggy dashes and lack of mobility isn't helping any.
If you don't have lvl 3 i dont really care what you're doing lol. trait gg. i do anything right and i have trait/setup/both and bane needs to lvl 3 after that. it's not like lex is some weak character up close.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If you don't have lvl 3 i dont really care what you're doing lol. trait gg. i do anything right and i have trait/setup/both and bane needs to lvl 3 after that. it's not like lex is some weak character up close.
If you don't have a full screen of distance and your toys out, I don't really care what you're doing. lol. Better range/damage, mobility, and more armor combined with a lack of escapes or safe wake-ups gg. If Bane does "anything right" he gets oki/set-up/both and Lex needs to get off his back after that. Its not like Bane can't cover distance or cancel normal attacks into armored specials, and Lex's trait isn't going to be lasting long enough to fend off that pressure unless he somehow got it up to full every time.

I've seen the MU played. Theory fighting aside, unless the Bane is charging under lex from full-screen ala Max, he has a fair and even shot at it because he DOES eventually get in, and he will eventually take chunks out of your lifebar once your back hits the floor. Batman gets a ticket out because of his mobility and on-demand two-hit projectiles, both being things Lex doesn't have. Even at level 3 cooldown, I've seen max avoid the worst of the shenanigans from full screen and make his way in. Its not easy, but then its not in our advantage anyways. Its annoying, sure. Is it possible? Definitely, and once we get in its gravy.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
If you don't have a full screen of distance and your toys out, I don't really care what you're doing. lol. Better range/damage, mobility, and more armor combined with a lack of escapes or safe wake-ups gg. If Bane does "anything right" he gets oki/set-up/both and Lex needs to get off his back after that. Its not like Bane can't cover distance or cancel normal attacks into armored specials, and Lex's trait isn't going to be lasting long enough to fend off that pressure unless he somehow got it up to full every time.

I've seen the MU played. Theory fighting aside, unless the Bane is charging under lex from full-screen ala Max, he has a fair and even shot at it because he DOES eventually get in, and he will eventually take chunks out of your lifebar once your back hits the floor. Batman gets a ticket out because of his mobility and on-demand two-hit projectiles, both being things Lex doesn't have. Even at level 3 cooldown, I've seen max avoid the worst of the shenanigans from full screen and make his way in. Its not easy, but then its not in our advantage anyways. Its annoying, sure. Is it possible? Definitely, and once we get in its gravy.
Well Max also apparently agrees that it's in Lex's favor lol. No offense but idk what Lex's you're playing or looking at to get this. Lex gets a lot more from right reads in this MU than Bane does. I'm not trying to shit on Bane lol if anything I'm giving people props when they win it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He also loses a lot more from incorrect reads. As to what Lex I'm looking at, I've been watching PPJ's Lex matches. Barring the very very obvious misplays done by some Banes, it looks dead even. Unless you are saying PPJ isn't a credible Lex, of course. I can't speak for player difficulty, but I can say that between Lex and Bane I can't see any reason why Lex has an advantage barring those few best case scenarios.

Being full-screen, with Bane just starting cooldown, and him having everything out and trait up. The more common worst-case scenario, being Bane getting in with trait with Lex not having his fully charged, is more common yet its being treated like it never happens.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Hey guess what? Flame baiting is something thats on our no no list. No posts in over a month and you show up to snark? Sorry but I'm calling this how I see it. The posts are getting deleted and you are losing points. Barracuda Deathwish. Ordinarily if name calling comes up I infract folks for it, but you know what? No. You showed up just to do this. Its flame bait. It worked, but yeah Im just infracting you. Next time just roll your eyes and move on @Barracuda Deathwish .

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
:(
I got baited and trolled. I am such easy prey.
#Withdrawl
I may be silent these days due to my other projects and such but I do still watch over these forums when I can. Not going to infract you for this. Guy came in here and was blatant baiting. Not your fault he was masterful enough at it to succeed.

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
lex is the best character to punish cooldown bane. because full acreen stuff. coming out of cool down is hard too because of all his toys on screen.

by full screen stuff i mean all his unblockables. he definitely has some adv. something like 64 or 73.
Max are you able to come early thursday? Ive been focusing on my lex and need bane mu experiance.

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
Well Max also apparently agrees that it's in Lex's favor lol. No offense but idk what Lex's you're playing or looking at to get this. Lex gets a lot more from right reads in this MU than Bane does. I'm not trying to shit on Bane lol if anything I'm giving people props when they win it.
Also revolver do you play on xbox? Id love to play and learn some lex tech and bounce some mu's off you for advice

GGA Max

Max are you able to come early thursday? Ive been focusing on my lex and need bane mu experiance.
Last Thursday I got there at 7 it was the earliest I could make it. So latest I will be is 7, if I don't skip a class or something.

4x4lo8o

Noob
So, I know part of the answer to this one is going to be to go watch some of the large amounts of available footage of Max and 16 Bit(and I have done that and am going to apply some stuff I saw next time I play that match up but sometimes an explanation of what each character's trying to do and what's going on in the meta is helpful), but how does Bane approach the Catwoman match up? In particular what do you do about jump back 2? I'm doing alright considering my inexperience with Bane, but our local Catwoman player is causing me a lot of problems and he says Catwoman wins that. I feel like I understand the oki pretty well, but the neutral game feels brutally in her favor right now.

The Deathstroke match up also feels insanely bad and I have no idea what Bane is supposed to do. On the most recent KTP I was extremely surprised to hear talk about Max beating Slips Deathstroke. If someone could explain or point me to a video of what Bane does against the wake ups that would help a lot.
I also don't know how to get in, or do anything at all really. I've gathered that you shouldn't really do Raging Charge at all, except maybe if you're closer than midrange, at level 3, and read low guns. His jump his so fast, he gets out for free practically and always gets at least a gunshot punish. I know you get a free dash after low guns(but not if you're scouting the mb), any other general rules for getting in?

Last match up I've gotta ask about is Scorpion. Another match up I just don't have any idea about. Seems like most of Bane's normal oki doesn't work(mb vu works great in the corner, but midscreen I've got absolutely nothing. Charge?). The movement and footsies seems weird to. You sorta have to get in, but he also has to sort of let you in or come to you, but as soon as you're in he goes flying away. Bane can't punish MB teleport(right?) and I'm not sure what the best punishes are for a blocked or crouched normal teleport. If he gets you in the vortex do just try to armor out, or does that get blown up?
If he jumps around a lot are you supposed to use d2 or Venom Uppercut liberally? It seems like that gets blown up by teleports.

Thanks in advance for letting me pick your brains. Hopefully I'll be contributing soon

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I've been running the NW MU in practice mode and have managed to figure out a few things.

Right off the bat I can say you want to keep him in Escrima. He literally has no wakeup options against Bane in this stance. As long as your previous combo didn't end with BP or RS, you can get off a free BP and there's nothing he can do about it (assuming you're traited). He can't jump out and none of his WUs get through it. If he's waking up from a BP, you won't have time to hit him with another (unless he just blocks) but DP and VU both stuff all of his WUs and jumps. All he can do is block, which of course will eat a BP if you decide to go that route. Going with a 2nd BP is risky because it can be punished with a neutral jump on WU, but it's still an option to keep him guessing. If he starts doing WU Air Stomps, those will whiff against BP and, I believe, DP, allowing you a 113-RC punish. Otherwise, his Air Stomp is blown up by VU.

In Staff Stance, his only decent WU option against Bane is Staff Spin. A well-timed traited DP or VU will beat this (and all of his other options). The only downside is that if he blocks either, you'll have to put up with his frame traps. One major thing I discovered is that his WU Ground Slam (or whatever that bastard move is called) will whiff if Bane is dashing. So if you knock him full screen with MB.VU, you can dash freely without worrying about getting hit with that attack. You absolutely can't use BP as an anti-WU because it whiffs or is beat out by most of his options. I'd say it's only a valid tool if NW starts blocking your DP and VU pressure (which he should honestly start doing after he's eaten 2 or 3).

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I've been running the NW MU in practice mode and have managed to figure out a few things.

Right off the bat I can say you want to keep him in Escrima. He literally has no wakeup options against Bane in this stance. As long as your previous combo didn't end with BP or RS, you can get off a free BP and there's nothing he can do about it (assuming you're traited). He can't jump out and none of his WUs get through it. If he's waking up from a BP, you won't have time to hit him with another (unless he just blocks) but DP and VU both stuff all of his WUs and jumps. All he can do is block, which of course will eat a BP if you decide to go that route. Going with a 2nd BP is risky because it can be punished with a neutral jump on WU, but it's still an option to keep him guessing. If he starts doing WU Air Stomps, those will whiff against BP and, I believe, DP, allowing you a 113-RC punish. Otherwise, his Air Stomp is blown up by VU.

In Staff Stance, his only decent WU option against Bane is Staff Spin. A well-timed traited DP or VU will beat this (and all of his other options). The only downside is that if he blocks either, you'll have to put up with his frame traps. One major thing I discovered is that his WU Ground Slam (or whatever that bastard move is called) will whiff if Bane is dashing. So if you knock him full screen with MB.VU, you can dash freely without worrying about getting hit with that attack. You absolutely can't use BP as an anti-WU because it whiffs or is beat out by most of his options. I'd say it's only a valid tool if NW starts blocking your DP and VU pressure (which he should honestly start doing after he's eaten 2 or 3).
113 in escrima breaks armor, it really changes how you have to play the mu.

Its a lot easier in staff honestly. Limited wakeups are nice. But he has NO mobility. In escrima he can interrupt and wingding while playing keep away

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
113 in escrima breaks armor, it really changes how you have to play the mu.
I'm just talking a out oki. As far as I can tell, NW doesn't really have anything to get through armor on WU except for Staff Spin.