What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Might be cool if we just made small lists as Bane players of who we have matchup experience vs in the game's roster and how much experience we have vs certain characters. Sort of just list the standouts we've fought the most and the standouts we never recall facing before as Bane then just list "the rest" for cast we have varying degrees of experience with.

For Me:

MOST EXPERIENCE VS
  • Superman
  • Green Arrow
  • Doomsday
  • Scorpion
LEAST EXPERIENCE VS
  • Ares
  • Killer Frost
  • Harley Quinn
  • Joker
SOME EXPERIENCE VS
  • The rest

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Hey Bane people was playing a friend and decided to try Bane vs his Nightwing did ok and won several games then he started realizing that staff spin basically blew me up no matter what i did needless to say having to block meter burn staff spin into another staff spin was very frustrating. He started waking up with it and I just couldn't figure out a way to punish it can't hit him with a jump attack and jump over b2 was too slow. So what do you guys do. Oh Wing dings suck too.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Any of you guys willing to give me Bane experience on PSN? I'm trying to get past all my perceivably bad match ups...

I main Arrow and Martian, but I also use Flash and Deathstroke on the side. Mainly want to level up my Arrow but will play my other characters if you want.

Any of you guys willing to give me Bane experience on PSN? I'm trying to get past all my perceivably bad match ups...

I main Arrow and Martian, but I also use Flash and Deathstroke on the side. Mainly want to level up my Arrow but will play my other characters if you want.
It's a real hard matchup for Arrow. I would love to help but I'm only on XBL. If you can't get anyone I can try and give some tips on the mu at least.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
It's a real hard matchup for Arrow. I would love to help but I'm only on XBL. If you can't get anyone I can try and give some tips on the mu at least.
Tips would help. Every bit kounts.. I have some theories on the match up but I haven't played the match up since the patch.

Tips would help. Every bit kounts.. I have some theories on the match up but I haven't played the match up since the patch.
Ask Jimmy for some help, we've got to run this matchup a hell of a lot.

But from the Bane end of things, what I've noticed is that Arrow has to play really different in this matchup. Freeze arrow is borderline useless, as frame traps don't mean to much with armor, better off with quicker more damaging zoning. Use your meter liberally, for a lot of mbb3. Mix it up with hurricane bow, as it multi hits and can chew armor. Don't remember the name, but the move when your in the air and shoot arrows down, use it. It eats armor. Not to mention on lvl 3 debuff if you can hit one it's about 50% haha.
MB stinger isn't a bad wakeup option, you have to keep Bane guessing between a few. And for the love of God. Do NOT get yourself into the corner, or it's pretty much over.

Jimmy could help you more, but that's what I see from the Bane side of things.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

But from the Bane end of things, what I've noticed is that Arrow has to play really different in this matchup. Freeze arrow is borderline useless, as frame traps don't mean to much with armor, better off with quicker more damaging zoning. Use your meter liberally, for a lot of mbb3. Mix it up with hurricane bow, as it multi hits and can chew armor. Don't remember the name, but the move when your in the air and shoot arrows down, use it. It eats armor. Not to mention on lvl 3 debuff if you can hit one it's about 50% haha.
MB stinger isn't a bad wakeup option, you have to keep Bane guessing between a few. And for the love of God. Do NOT get yourself into the corner, or it's pretty much over.

I was thinking 1% Arrows and loading Fire Arrows when I get the chance...

Makes sense. Hurricane Bow and Dead On (air arrows) are both highly unsafe though so I'll see how good it really is.

I thought Bane kould beat all of Arrow's wake ups by just timing BF2 korrectly?

I was thinking 1% Arrows and loading Fire Arrows when I get the chance...

Makes sense. Hurricane Bow and Dead On (air arrows) are both highly unsafe though so I'll see how good it really is.

I thought Bane kould beat all of Arrow's wake ups by just timing BF2 korrectly?
It's different timings. stinger your hurtbox is low so i'd have to adjust. They all can be stuffed, but we have to guess which one coming out, we have to time it different. Honestly his wake up game isn't very good against Bane though, so it's why you need to be unpredictable. and bf2 doesn't beat mbb3

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

Wow, beaten to every piece of advice I had to give. I used to mod GA and Bane both (till college) and was gonna chime in with these. They're pretty well about all you can use. The fire arrows wont do much sadly. Doesn't matter they are fast zoning tools when they only hit once and Bane dont care due to armor. Once he's on top of Arrow you only have bow spin to save you. NEVER let him catch you and dont expect a certain arrow special where he jumps back and shoots to do a lot vs armor either. Bow spin is it. Dead On is great for trying to contain Bane's wakeup and the MB version can actually net you some quick 20-ish percent damage if they all hit. Dont do it every time though or you'll waste meter, but its good to mix in to make those little nicks and cuts count. Biggest help will be MB B3, Little bit of Sky Alert if they get splash happy (and honestly D2 converts for more on AA splashy banes), and a LOT of bow spin.

If Bane's got his armor on back off with the pressure. Only go for your F2d13 high low sort of stuff when he is debuff or Bane will mess with you. If you can't keep him away use throws and pushblock because smart Bane's will wise up and Bait/Block bowspin GTFO after a bit.

Its a shit matchup for GA to be fair. You will be HIGHLY reliant on bowspin and MB B3 above all else. If you have an ice arrow save it for combo resets because Bane dont give a shit bout 1 hit projectiles that are slow enough to react to like that. D1 Ice Arrow might buy you a way back out if you can't poke Bane off, but only if Bane aint got his armor up and if he aint got armor he wont likely be in range to poke him that way...save it for combos. Also remember at lvl 3 Bane starts getting armor on other stuff. Beware F2d. Its a nasty piece of work.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
It's different timings. stinger your hurtbox is low so i'd have to adjust. They all can be stuffed, but we have to guess which one coming out, we have to time it different. Honestly his wake up game isn't very good against Bane though, so it's why you need to be unpredictable. and bf2 doesn't beat mbb3
Wow, beaten to every piece of advice I had to give. I used to mod GA and Bane both (till college) and was gonna chime in with these. They're pretty well about all you can use. The fire arrows wont do much sadly. Doesn't matter they are fast zoning tools when they only hit once and Bane dont care due to armor. Once he's on top of Arrow you only have bow spin to save you. NEVER let him catch you and dont expect a certain arrow special where he jumps back and shoots to do a lot vs armor either. Bow spin is it. Dead On is great for trying to contain Bane's wakeup and the MB version can actually net you some quick 20-ish percent damage if they all hit. Dont do it every time though or you'll waste meter, but its good to mix in to make those little nicks and cuts count. Biggest help will be MB B3, Little bit of Sky Alert if they get splash happy (and honestly D2 converts for more on AA splashy banes), and a LOT of bow spin.

If Bane's got his armor on back off with the pressure. Only go for your F2d13 high low sort of stuff when he is debuff or Bane will mess with you. If you can't keep him away use throws and pushblock because smart Bane's will wise up and Bait/Block bowspin GTFO after a bit.

Its a shit matchup for GA to be fair. You will be HIGHLY reliant on bowspin and MB B3 above all else. If you have an ice arrow save it for combo resets because Bane dont give a shit bout 1 hit projectiles that are slow enough to react to like that. D1 Ice Arrow might buy you a way back out if you can't poke Bane off, but only if Bane aint got his armor up and if he aint got armor he wont likely be in range to poke him that way...save it for combos. Also remember at lvl 3 Bane starts getting armor on other stuff. Beware F2d. Its a nasty piece of work.
Thanx guys. Now I just need to get experience vs Bane to get a feel for things. And I didn't realize he got more armor moves at level 3. What moves does he get Armor on at level 3?

so i still dont get why lex is 5-5
I second this. It was my first time playing a good Lex, but man that matchup seems lopsided. Armor trades are a no go, as it sets you up for a full combo. I have to pump level 3 to get in, and the second you get distance from me it's over. Any tips on the MU?

Hate to throw a number on it, but what are your thoughts? Feels borderline 7-3 just based on the potential setups Lex has, since Bane has nothing to stop him from it on venom cooldown.

I don't think it's 7-3 but I don't really get what bane has in it outside lvl 3. Like I won't even get worried when they lvl 3 and go in and body me because then they're on cooldown and ggs lol
Yea it's why I went borderline haha. That's just me being salty. I think once Lex is full screen that's the number though

GGA Max

lex is the best character to punish cooldown bane. because full acreen stuff. coming out of cool down is hard too because of all his toys on screen.

by full screen stuff i mean all his unblockables. he definitely has some adv. something like 64 or 73.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The arguments all form from the idea of "full screen", but what happens when Bane isn't full screen?
Lex's lack of wake-ups and dependence on time to get momentum plays against him once Bane is in close.

Not to mention those laggy dashes and lack of mobility isn't helping any.

The arguments all form from the idea of "full screen", but what happens when Bane isn't full screen?
Lex's lack of wake-ups and dependence on time to get momentum plays against him once Bane is in close.

Not to mention those laggy dashes and lack of mobility isn't helping any.
He's bound to make one good guess, and we have to go on cooldown eventually.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
lex is the best character to punish cooldown bane. because full acreen stuff. coming out of cool down is hard too because of all his toys on screen.

by full screen stuff i mean all his unblockables. he definitely has some adv. something like 64 or 73.
Forget about Lex Luthor.

What do you think about Bane vs. Zod?

I fought BiPolarExpress not too long ago on XBL. He did well.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He's bound to make one good guess, and we have to go on cooldown eventually.
Yes but we don't have to go to level 3 always. Once we are in, we can easily cover those cooldowns.
Plus making that one good guess isn't going to help him from getting a life bar removed.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Forget about Lex Luthor.

Zod can keep us out, but that lack of wake-ups means we can do whatever after a BP ender and not have to worry about his rebuttal.

So depends on the Zod's playstyle. Keep-out works really well, but rush down isn't even existent.

Forget about Lex Luthor.

Thanks. Honestly I'm more partial to the 5-5, but I wouldn't fight to hard if you said 6-4 Zod. Would like to play again sometime, think I found a few things for the mu.
I find the hardest part is Zod's space control. Between MB pistols and air dash for escape you have to make a read to knock him down. I feel good about Bane in this though.