What's new

Ban PS4 at Tournaments (A Legit Push)

Ban PS4 for High Level Tournament Play?

• Yes

Votes: 30 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 117 79.6%

• Total voters
Is this thread for real? Goodness, someone nuke this!

Although, it would be splendid if Sony released a 'Tournament Mode' that forces the player to use a wired peripheral and automatically desyncs permanently once they unplug the controller. This imo would solve all issues.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Easily my favorite thread of TYM. Every time I do something ridiculously stupid, I always come back here to make myself feel better.

Thank you TC!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm done with the game so it doesnt matter to me what anyone decides system wise going forward.
You aren't competing in MK anymore?

@Zoidberg747 By "Clear the bluetooth cache", You mean the menu one the PS4 where you can tell it to "forget" bluetooth connections? The one where it has to have at least one controller synced and a new controller needs to connect to "forget" the first one?

If so this seems like people just can't follow the necessary steps. If that's all that's needed then make sure people start doing that before a match or have a controller always synced. I think spooky does the latter. I don't know what the rule is on mid match home screen popups but maybe make it result in automatic reset of the match or even the set. Sometimes it takes harsh rules for people to care. That is, if this is all avoidable by the next players coming on.

As for studder problems, that's probably just the PS4 being worked all day, several days. Hopefully TOs get more than enough consoles so they can rotate them in and out. Or equip each station with a cooling fan and some icebags lol.

This really sucks for everyone involved in a tournament. I think are best option would be rallying to capcom since they have that PS4 partnership. Get them to push for a "reduced activity" or "tournament" mode. The PS4 runs on low power, enough to play the game and nothing extra gets processed. No trophy popups or anything else. Maybe a reminder to disconnect bluetooth when you turn a controller on and/or off. Even that last option would probably solve a lot of issues.

Reactions: jmt

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
The only reason I want xboxone over ps4 at tournaments is because of how annoyingly long it takes to disconnect a controller on Ps4. Kills the flow of the tourney
it takes like 30 seconds at most. it isnt like it is this massive process that takes 30 minutes. just go to setting, bluetooth devices, and delete all the controllers that arent connected, it really does not take very long. button checks take longer

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
What happened was that in the last round of the last match, with both of us having 5% health, the game froze as we both did n attack and it stayed frozen for 5 seconds. The game then unfroze which caught us both off guard, we both then kept trying to attack with him winning out in the end. We both told the judge what happened and the judge asked if we wanted a restart. I offered mamba the game because I would understand if he took it and he said we could restart. I ended up winning both games after the restart and the set was over.

Even if I did end up going down 0-1, I still went on to win the next 2 which would have still won the set. However, you never know how things would have went down if the next game was with me down a match rather then back to 0-0. I certainly understand Mamba's frustration because there is a big difference between going in up a game or 0-0.

I'm pretty sure that PS4 controller being preferred over the Xbox One pad is the main reason why PS4 is more of a tournament standard. I dont really have an opinion on the system debate because I'm done with the game so it doesnt matter to me what anyone decides system wise going forward.
You're done competing? You're not ditching MK for Diablo III are you?