Ban PS4 for High Level Tournament Play?

• Yes

Votes: 30 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 117 79.6%

• Total voters

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
it is the responsibility of the next players to delete all the bluetooth controllers from the console, if you do that then there will be zero problems what so ever. you have to do this after every time a new player comes in. it takes literally 30 seconds at most

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
I feel both consoles could have problems being new and all, however I haven't experienced any problems like this on the ps4 at my locals.

I have had lag before while playing offline on xb1 (only once,) but then again that's what I have at my house so I have A LOT more time on xbox to experience issues.

Regardless I would want the superior console to run the game which ever that may be.

With the xbox backwards compatibility rolling out I feel that it puts the xbox at a better advantage for tourneys though.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Ok just wondering, exactly what is wrong with the PC? Aside from patches coming in slightly later (which is likely beneficial to a tournament scene, no sudden patches day before tournament, a bit of time to get acquainted), you can use both PS4 and Xbone controllers? Why isnt this done? We have all our locals on PC

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Also it would be nice to hear from the top players that participated in the offline esl tournaments and get their impressions

Landonio

n00b
Says the guy with a halo display pic.
Expected/10

Halo 2 is objectively a great game. One of the best FPS of all time. Halo is garbage now though and has been since 2010.

I also feel that the PS4 is the better overall console. I've said this since before it even came out. Just not for MKX. That's not opinion. Just because you are used to an inferior controller and/or inferior online play doesn't mean they are actually better (and I mean specifically for this game).

Levaranoia

War God
Expected/10

Halo 2 is objectively a great game. One of the best FPS of all time. Halo is garbage now though and has been since 2010.

I also feel that the PS4 is the better overall console. I've said this since before it even came out. Just not for MKX. That's not opinion. Just because you are used to an inferior controller and/or inferior online play doesn't mean they are actually better (and I mean specifically for this game).
I disagree with you on this because there is no facts at all that it is better on xbox one. Also the case for the controller is up to user preference. Xbox live being better then psn is nonsense. It's based on the type of connection you have/the other person's connection. Infact, I've heard more people whining about the netcode on xbox one then I have heard on ps4 for MKX.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Honestly I'm an XO player and the whole de-syncing the controllers on PS4 is complete garbage on PS4 where as XO is easy as shit and will not fuck up matches.... having said that I do prefer the PS4 pad and I didn't just fork out £45 on one just to attend tournaments lol

MrProfDrPepper

Honestly I'm an XO player and the whole de-syncing the controllers on PS4 is complete garbage on PS4 where as XO is easy as shit and will not fuck up matches.... having said that I do prefer the PS4 pad and I didn't just fork out £45 on one just to attend tournaments lol
on ps4 the desync takes like 30 seconds at most. it isnt difficult at all. but i dont care what console tournaments are on, as long as i get to play the game

4x4lo8o

Noob
Is thing where your opponent can mess with your controls a PS4 only thing? I play on Xbox at home and had never seen or heard of it, but the last tournament I went to was on PS4 and I lost a match because my opponent changed my controls and I stupidly didn't button check.

I know Injustice had the exact same problem on PS3 but not 360. I have no idea why it's still in this game

it is the responsibility of the next players to delete all the bluetooth controllers from the console, if you do that then there will be zero problems what so ever. you have to do this after every time a new player comes in. it takes literally 30 seconds at most
If people can take a minute to practice every combo and call it a button check, deleting the Bluetooth shouldn't be that difficult.

Landonio

n00b
I disagree with you on this because there is no facts at all that it is better on xbox one. Also the case for the controller is up to user preference. Xbox live being better then psn is nonsense. It's based on the type of connection you have/the other person's connection. Infact, I've heard more people whining about the netcode on xbox one then I have heard on ps4 for MKX.
There are. The controller and online and both better on the Xbone (I have heard multiple people say this, friends and popular FGC members alike). That's not a matter of opinion or "preference". Try it yourself. The awkward shoulder buttons and segmented d-pad are not ideal for a game like MKX. Not to mention the accidental presses of the 3 center buttons that I've seen myself and a lot of other people do.

Inputs are not as clean or as easy on the PS4, and therefore not as consistent. Inputs require much more deliberate motions, even with Easy Inputs on. Just because you are "used to it" doesn't mean it's better. I'm sure someone could get "used to" using a slightly deflated ball when playing basketball. You eventually will if you play with it enough. Nobody on this planet would say that it is "better" though (not the best analogy but you get the point). Inputs on the Xbone d-pad are near effortless and super-clean.

And just to be clear, I actually played the PS4 version for 2 days before I even OWNED the Xbone version. I've also played in 3 local tourneys on the PS4 (winning two in a row, 2nd place in the last). Not to mention plenty of casuals. I have YET to get used to the PS4 controller. I have to resort to playing dumb and just going off fundamentals because nothing I want to do ever comes out and combos drop constantly.The instant I used the Xbone controller, it immediately felt easier to do what I wanted to do. There's no reason to make things more difficult on yourself when you don't have to.

There's a reason ESL is on the XBone OTHER than money/MS. Because NRS doesn't want their game to look like complete shit on the PS4 with its netcode (although don't get me wrong, both versions are pretty cheeks online). This is freakin' 2015. NRS needs to get their shit together. Hopefully Injustice 2 will run well (and on both consoles) but I doubt it.

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

There are. The controller and online and both better on the Xbone (I have heard multiple people say this, friends and popular FGC members alike). That's not a matter of opinion or "preference". Try it yourself. The awkward shoulder buttons and segmented d-pad are not ideal for a game like MKX. Not to mention the accidental presses of the 3 center buttons that I've seen myself and a lot of other people do.

Inputs are not as clean or as easy on the PS4, and therefore not as consistent. Inputs require much more deliberate motions, even with Easy Inputs on. Just because you are "used to it" doesn't mean it's better. I'm sure someone could get "used to" using a slightly deflated ball when playing basketball. You eventually will if you play with it enough. Nobody on this planet would say that it is "better" though. Inputs on the Xbone d-pad are near effortless and super-clean.

And just to be clear, I actually played the PS4 version for 2 days before I even OWNED the Xbone version. I've also played in 3 local tourneys on the PS4 (winning two in a row, 2nd place in the last). Not to mention plenty of casuals. I have YET to get used to the PS4 controller. I have to resort to playing dumb and just going off fundamentals because nothing I want to do ever comes out and combos drop constantly.The instant I used the Xbone controller, it immediately felt easier to do what I wanted to do. There's no reason to make things more difficult on yourself when you don't have to.

There's a reason ESL is on the XBone OTHER than money/MS. Because NRS doesn't want their game to look like complete shit on the PS4 with its netcode (although don't get me wrong, both versions are pretty cheeks online). This is freakin' 2015. NRS needs to get their shit together. Hopefully Injustice 2 will run well (and on both consoles) but I doubt it.
the ps4 version runs great dude, not sure what you are smoking, you are acting like it is a massive difference and that the xbox one version is so massively better. like the ps4 version is an embarrassment, hell the ps4 version runs at a higher resolution and at a slightly higher framerate, not much to make any sort of difference though, though i can imagine switching from console to console makes things more difficult. the reason why it was held on xbox is because xbox SPONSORED ESL, not because the ps4 version sucks or anything stupid like that. both of the versions run fucking phenomenal offline. both are equally good

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was talking about SF5... My mistake....

Anyways.... SF5 is only on one console. So yes, obviously THAT game will have to be on PS4, unless there is a big push for the PC version.

MKX can be helped. We don't have to play on PS4.
You obviously have no idea on the aches and pains of setting up a tournament. Less consoles the better, end of story.

Also as far as taking out your battery on the ps4 controller, yes that solves any issues as I have done it myself and I would urge others to do it as well, it is much easier than you think.

Levaranoia

War God
Is thing where your opponent can mess with your controls a PS4 only thing? I play on Xbox at home and had never seen or heard of it, but the last tournament I went to was on PS4 and I lost a match because my opponent changed my controls and I stupidly didn't button check.

I know Injustice had the exact same problem on PS3 but not 360. I have no idea why it's still in this game
You could do that on xbox as well actually. It was when you were changing the presets.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
The only reason I want xboxone over ps4 at tournaments is because of how annoyingly long it takes to disconnect a controller on Ps4. Kills the flow of the tourney

What happened was that in the last round of the last match, with both of us having 5% health, the game froze as we both did n attack and it stayed frozen for 5 seconds. The game then unfroze which caught us both off guard, we both then kept trying to attack with him winning out in the end. We both told the judge what happened and the judge asked if we wanted a restart. I offered mamba the game because I would understand if he took it and he said we could restart. I ended up winning both games after the restart and the set was over.

Even if I did end up going down 0-1, I still went on to win the next 2 which would have still won the set. However, you never know how things would have went down if the next game was with me down a match rather then back to 0-0. I certainly understand Mamba's frustration because there is a big difference between going in up a game or 0-0.

I'm pretty sure that PS4 controller being preferred over the Xbox One pad is the main reason why PS4 is more of a tournament standard. I dont really have an opinion on the system debate because I'm done with the game so it doesnt matter to me what anyone decides system wise going forward.