What's new

Ask Raiden Thread

With superman, you can whiff punish anything with a duration longer than 10-13 frames which is every move in the game. You just have to be able to react quickly. And the reason I said 10-13, is superman's execution is 10 frames but with the distance I added on a window of a few frames. Superman is a universal whiff punisher. If you want more damage, go with a b3 combo, but obviously it's slower so use it at your discretion.
This. Ol' Thunder God takes some serious reactions.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
that is impossible you cant whiff punish something until the move aqctually came out.
Huh? If a move whiffs, it is whiff punishable by any move that has execution frames lower than the whiffed move's duration frames. Maybe I misunderstood what you're saying.

Huh? If a move whiffs, it is whiff punishable by any move that has execution frames lower than the whiffed move's duration frames. Maybe I misunderstood what you're saying.
it doesnt work that way. for you be able to whiff punish something you need to see it actually happening, you whiff punish a move during its recovery frames, not its startup frames.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
it doesnt work that way. for you be able to whiff punish something you need to see it actually happening, you whiff punish a move during its recovery frames, not its startup frames.
There is only hit recovery and block recovery. And your character only goes into those recoveries once the move hits or is blocked. Somberness please confirm?