What's new

Tech Ares - Guaranteed Reset (Character Specific) by InFlames

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
all timing and spacing lol, like i said its all frame and timing specific, delaying it too long is a actual punish, which means it should be back dashable or jumpable at the same time, where as looking for that coupe frame window that stuffs the wu like a meaty normal, posting a vid right now on aqua
If you make a read that they will try to back dash it, won't his other godsmacks hit them? Ares has a close, mid, and far godsmack right? Sorry, I don't know Ares that well.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If you make a read that they will try to back dash it, won't his other godsmacks hit them? Ares has a close, mid, and far godsmack right? Sorry, I don't know Ares that well.
in playing the char a year noone has ever backdashed godsmack lol, if someone managed to get it they have earned the win haha or the punish at least

Edit: but yes if someone were to be able to backdash this particular setup, which uses close GS, ares could then do a mid and punish the backdash, maybe even a far depending on space

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I am assuming this is going to rape NW in Escrima as well. The recovery on Escrima fury would guarantee a least a free jump in for ares if not a full combo punish. Flip kick does not have invincibility frames, and I don't know if Staff spin will reach in time. Flying Grayson should get out tho.
Reading the entire thread before posting is cool

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I did. I read your post, and offered up my two cents.

Holy hell, this is a forum right?
Unless I'm hallucinating from the Taco Bell breakfast I eat I'm pretty sure I saw someone confirm that flying Grayson, Flipkick, and staff spin get out.

InFlames

dead
As of now these are confirmed:
-Cyborg
-Black Adam
-Sinestro
-Deathstroke

Will make a video tomorrow showing each one.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
It definitely is not. Look at this video. I try every wakeup, backdashing, jumping, and even super.
Lightning Cage recovers a bit fast though, you can't punish with j1 put you can with f2, b2, or b1
Video is private :(

Oh shit. This changes the matchup drastically.

Last edited:

ryublaze

Noob
wait so how does this change match-ups...don't u still have to land a mb godsmack first to pull off this reset?

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
wait so how does this change match-ups...don't u still have to land a mb godsmack first to pull off this reset?
It doesn't have to be from MB GS. Combos that end in a F3 hard knockdown which also leaves them at the right distance work. From what I have tested out B3 F3 and F3 F3 both lead into the setup and is all unbreakable. You could probably stick some moves in between them for extra damage. Not tested yet but doing a background interactable bounce combo ending into F3 might work too