What's new

Breakthrough Ares buffs revealed by Ed Boon - Patch notes coming 9/24, Patch drops 10/1

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
If they fix his dash speed too he's going to be a monster.i wouldn't mind but good ares players already give me a headache as he is now,lol.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Finally, some news for my Ares.

Pretty good stuff. The first two items are fixes, not buffs, though. Oh well...I'm happy with the new teleports. This should help his wake up IMMENSELY as well as his overall gameplay.

Can't wait for this patch so I can play this game again.

Highly doubtful. In the corner Ares is probably still screwed, especially if they don't fix the wakeup teleport glitch. His best option at that point would be to meter burn teleport behind on wakeup to get him out of the corner (but still beside the opponent) without the recovery
Ok so you get knocked down you teleport in front or behind. What are the other 2 destinations?

2 new teleports is huge! more then I was starting to think he'd get. Juggling a few characters ATM but i might have to move ares up my priority list :D

Glad we also got a release date finally

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
What he really needs is for his d1 to hit floating characters, & for his trait projectiles not to disappear when he gets hit.

This is WONDERFUL but Ares still has very fundamental problems outside of these. This is like 10-25% of what the Ares community wanted, but he still will have bad issues! But thank you, NRS! I am eternally grateful!!

(And I'd love it if you made his standing 3 faster, his startup for his trait faster, recovery on his invisibility faster, and his b2 faster. Footsie stuff, mostly) :)