What's new

Question - Liu Kang Anyone know if any top guys still play liu kang?

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
^You can actually land a third one with tight timing. Much like Scorpion's, you'll get pinged in red if the timing is off, but with the best timing you can squeeze three reps from a full stamina bar.

I'm actually surprised that people flock to Hellfire Scorpion, but seem to shy away from Dragon's Fire Liu, I almost feel like they are close to the same character. lol Hellfire probably get's more damage in his combos though, but Liu get's more opportunities to inflict his pressure strings. Due to BF2 Meter burn.
I started as DF LK and went to HF Scorpion. They are really nothing alike outside of the fbc pressure. Completely different and HF Scorpion is miles ahead.

^You can actually land a third one with tight timing. Much like Scorpion's, you'll get pinged in red if the timing is off, but with the best timing you can squeeze three reps from a full stamina bar.
How many reps of F213 can DF get out of a blockstring?
The third one is actually just a dash cancel though.

So F213xxFB Run Cancel F213xxFB Run Cancel F213xxFB Dash Cancel

Check out my stamina meter for the last cancel. Run cancels require at least a half bar

Last edited:

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I started as DF LK and went to HF Scorpion. They are really nothing alike outside of the fbc pressure. Completely different and HF Scorpion is miles ahead.

The third one is actually just a dash cancel though.

So F213xxFB Run Cancel F213xxFB Run Cancel F213xxFB Dash Cancel

Check out my stamina meter for the last cancel. Run cancels require at least a half bar
Can't say either way. I won't butt my head in and say he is better than Hellfire. Just that I personally have a harder time dealing with Dragon's Fire Liu than I do Hellfire. But that's probably because I know Scorpion inside and out. lol

Can't say either way. I won't butt my head in and say he is better than Hellfire. Just that I personally have a harder time dealing with Dragon's Fire Liu than I do Hellfire. But that's probably because I know Scorpion inside and out. lol
I feel like Scorpion just has a hard time vs Liu. To put it into perspective:

I lost way more games as Liu than I do as Scorpion.
I tend to lose to Liu as Scorpion lol.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
I mentioned it in the DF guide but Rm_Atk and Whitebl4ck are the best DF Liu's I have seen. Check em both out on YouTube.

wow amazing pressure and cancels..best one so far... (I didn't see any better, even WhiteBlack)
love that 3x IAFB ...do you know is this guy playing on pad or stick ?
He plays on ps4 pad and these few games doesnt show how really good his liu is. Would upload more of his games if u interested. #MKXAfrica

Im not a top player yet but i also main liu kang (FF and DF). Plan on going to YOMI this weekend to really put the icing on the cake because playing him online is not the way.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Just leaving this here so that I can lol @ people in the future.

Dragon's Fire Liu Kang is probably the best pressure character in the game(as long as he isn't nerfed anymore), and it'll take a while before people really start showing how good he is. The two things he's lacking from being utterly broken include an Armored launcher(Ex and MBed Bicycle kick does not count) and good wakeup attacks, and the obvious overhead(which he does not need btw).If he had those those things then it would be Kabal all over again. I suggest all of you to remain quiet about him and refrain from making thread's like "WHY DRAGON'S FIRE IS A TOP 5 CHARACTER HURRRRR" so that he isn't ruined.

God bless all you Dragon Fire players.

Last edited:

mVp_Ryon

Who's coming to Ghana?
Please let me know if the link came up as it's supposed to. I posted this with my mobile and Internet isn't the best in my country.☺