What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Anyone find it weird that she is getting so much hate despite not being fully revealed yet?

Notez4

Noob
Pfft, so she came up with one little plan - even a broken clock is right twice a day. And that Giraffe Neck is long in the past ;_;.

Congratulations, she's in front in one of the pictures! She's got her cornrows bundled to tightly if she thinks that'll happen again.

And Cassie doesn't need jokes, characters whose personalities are based around jokes are boring (here's looking at you Johnny). What makes Cassie dabes is her nonchalant, disrespectful attitude. Not to mention she's a leader. I know for sure Jacqui's got Twitter by the way she follows Cassie.

Cassie looks way better btw. Jacqui be looking like she made her costume out of pieces of scrap metal and daddy's old army shirts.
Yall need to calm down. Cassie and Jacqui are friends. What would they think of you 2two if they found out you were fighting? Shame on you guys.

FlareGun

ayy lmao
We haven't seen her in action and know nothing of her style yet you think she is a waste of a slot.

Again, its pretty foolish to bash a character and think lowly of them when we know almost nothing about her.
No matter how cool she might be I wouldve rather had one of the cool 3D era characters

Let's face it guys, we already know who we're gonna see the most online due to previous experience and bias, the ninja characters. We also know that the primary demographic for these types of games are young males. Young males also typically align with male characters, so people won't choose her out of pure principle, disregarding any type of racial bias. People do seem to forget that these characters have alts, so there's no way you can say she's boring, haven't even seen any definitive gameplay yet. If it don't apply, let this fly. At this rate the salt factory should start offering discounts.
tldr; Do you boo

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
There's no hate. It's just apathy. Nobody really expects her to live up to the standard already set. Look at how Kung Jin has done even after being revealed. Scorpion and Kenshi's gay baby ran over any hope he had to get traction; why would anybody expect Jacqui to fare better against those odds?

People who are making this about skin color or gender are the ones really leveling a prejudice.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
There's no hate. It's just apathy. Nobody really expects her to live up to the standard already set. Look at how Kung Jin has done even after being revealed. Scorpion and Kenshi's gay baby ran over any hope he had to get traction; why would anybody expect Jacqui to fare better against those odds?

Not only is this comment a false blanket statement, but it can easily be wrong given that there are multiple things that determine character traction, and what the "standard" is, is subjective.

Story showings is a huge part of that, and we have no clue what he can do as of now(hell he could beat some major players, deliver some great lines, and be very competent for all we know). As far as gameplay goes, there are plant of people who like the way he looks to play as of now, so I don't understand what you're even getting at.

Of course more people like Takeda, he's a product of engineered hype. They through a lot of "X-Treme" and "edgy" design traits into a blender and people are eating it up like they were supposed to.

Takeda's popularity has nothing to do with Kung Jin or Jacqui, or Cassie.

People seem to love to talk like the game is out and they've seen everything there is to see.

Her and Cassie Cage are too alike and I can't even come to like Cassie. Both are young american girls wearing soldier outfits and who appear quite normal (Cassie's green power almost simply looks like a silly videogame fx). They also fit the generic hero role that people are saying about Liu Kang (which I disagree with).

Personally, I find myself indifferent to her at the moment. I felt the same way about Erron Black and Takeda. After seeing Erron in action, I will say he looks cool, cool X-ray, but from a gameplay standpoint, he's not my type of character. Kung Jin kinda falls into that same category.

Takeda: Don't care much for his default, but gameplay wise he looks like someone I'd at least try out some time down the road.

I just have other characters I like more: Johnny, Kitana, Kano, Kenshi and even Mileena after seeing her in the game.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
@Pterodactyl The popularity of other characters is always a factor. You're running around basically saying everyone is wrong for not loving Jacqui, but it's subjective. At this point almost the whole cast has been shown off and Jacqui has no advantages in that environment. She isn't a returning fan favorite, doesn't have a visually exciting design, doesn't have a back story that has engaged people and - as many people have stated - she has been unimpressive in the comics.

Could a gameplay reveal change all that? Yeah, it might well. But if you want to talk about people acting like know-it-alls, you need to look in a mirror.

I get where you're coming from. I'm excited about Kung Jin, but everyone and their mother is ragging on him. That disappoints me, but at the same time I'm not going to turn around and get salty at people about it. Be glad you still even have a chance for your character to get hype and the tables to turn, because allies of other unloved characters aren't even getting that at this point.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
I can see this being the case. Batgiel had alot of hate at first and people thought she would be a Batman clone. But then they realized how wrong they were an found out sshe was an awesome unique fighter.
lol .... once her gameplay video come out, people will stop this nonsense hate ..... even more if her gameplay end being that "jaw drop" kind, and impress overall .... :D
I don't like her, and gameplay has nothing to do with it. It's not because she's a female (I like Kitana and Mileena), and it's not because she's black (it's actually pretty dumb that someone would bring this up, by the way; I like Jax and I'm planning on playing him at least a little bit on his Carl Weathers skin). I didn't like Batgirl before and after gameplay. I never picked her.

By the way, when I say I dislike her, I mean that I won't play her, probably, but I'm absolutely OK with her being in the roster, people picking her, and me fighting against her.

Last edited:
I don't like her, and gameplay has nothing to do with it. It's not because she's a female (I like Kitana and Mileena), and it's not because she's black (it's actually pretty dumb that someone would bring this up, by the way; I like Jax and I'm planning on playing him at least a little bit on his Carl Weathers skin). I didn't like Batgirl before and after gameplay. I never picked her.
Why don't you like her then? And please give an acual reason and not the dumb "just because" that basically everyone else here is saying.

She doesn't need to make jokes though, Cassie does, and she also needs to have two parents whose popularity she needs to play off of since as a character she's really not that interesting...though her mother isn't interesting either so I see where Cassie gets it from. Also #GiraffeNeck
at least the story behind Jacqui's mother is interesting...

LOL Cassie NEEDS Jacqui. Jacqui's the one that puts in the effort, punching Erron Black and coming up with a plan, and she actually managed to get Mavado, an able kombatant, into an armlock in the first place. All Cassie had to do was slice him. Wow. Also look at this picture and tell me who A. is in the front and B. looks better:

Exactly ;)
The answer to B is Takeda :DOGE

Why do people saying they don't like her for her design where there is a thing called alt costumes?
Alt costumes dont do much for changing a character thematically as alternate costumes are still in the same realm as their primary. All of Scorpion's alternate costumes were still yellow ninjas, all of Raiden's alternates still had asiatic elements and incorporated a hat, etc.

In the land of tropes, Jaqui's trope is perceived to already be incorporated or shared with Sonya. Militant, hard nosed chick badasses. We have a wide variety of characters who embody different tropes or have elements that make them vastly different than other characters both aesthetically and personality: Erron Black is the only dusty gruff no nonsense cowboy character in MKX which is why people were hype for him, Takeda has asiatic and ninja themes with a sleek modern cutting edge technological edge to him and he utilizes unique weapons that noone else in MKX has.

And its not only Jacqui that has this problem: people were saying Kung Jin was boring, having both Cassie and Sonya would be boring, etc. It has nothing to do with a character being black, white, gay, a girl, trans, or whatever. It all has to do with how that character is perceived thematically. Kung Jin is another Shaolin character who doesn't seem to be as charismatic and doesn't have as much flair to his moves that Takeda has. Both Sonya and Cassie are militant characters who fight using cutting edge "modern" military weapons and they look similar.