What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Anyone find it weird that she is getting so much hate despite not being fully revealed yet?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
lol .... once her gameplay video come out, people will stop this nonsense hate ..... even more if her gameplay end being that "jaw drop" kind, and impress overall .... :D

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
The only thing I find weird is that you people actually fucking care about this. Nerdism is strong in this thread.

OP everyone loves JAx.

Stop looking for things that arent there to justify your one way agenda.

Wtf? Dude hush up, I never said no one liked Jax (although no not everybody likes him) and I didn't say her being his daughter could have been the only reason. Read before speaking please.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
She getting hate because her skin. We seen nothing about her.
This constant excuse is a complete load of crap and a cop out.

The fact of the matter is that she is the daughter of what many of us consider one of the most dull, boring characters in the game so it is hard to get excited.

Jade and Tanya were both popular characters in the past, so it is not about racism.

Who knows... maybe she will actually be interesting and I will give her a try (like I will all the roster), but she is the character I am least interested in at this stage.

Last edited:

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I'm hyped for her because Cassie and Jacqui are probably half sisters so I can't wait to hear the opening dialogues when they face off. I remember the story mode from Mk 9 and Sonya and Jax seemed mighty close so I have to believe Jax tapped that at least once.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Lmao. Jacqui makes jokes too but no one notices because they suck

Jacqui will always be #2, there's a reason why Cassie's the leader. She's the one who merely holds the body while Cassie's the one who slices their chest open like a true soldier.
She doesn't need to make jokes though, Cassie does, and she also needs to have two parents whose popularity she needs to play off of since as a character she's really not that interesting...though her mother isn't interesting either so I see where Cassie gets it from. Also #GiraffeNeck
at least the story behind Jacqui's mother is interesting...

LOL Cassie NEEDS Jacqui. Jacqui's the one that puts in the effort, punching Erron Black and coming up with a plan, and she actually managed to get Mavado, an able kombatant, into an armlock in the first place. All Cassie had to do was slice him. Wow. Also look at this picture and tell me who A. is in the front and B. looks better:

Exactly ;)

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
1. I fully believe she's being saved for a last for a reason, and she'll have enough appeal in her variations to get a good amount of players on board, or at least get us to accept her existence. Cassie needs a BFF, and it helps the whole ongoing Special Forces/White Lotus family theme, so I get it.

2. There are still at least a dozen other characters that could've been given the spot that would've been infinitely more exciting/appealing.

Nothing personal, sistagirl. I just wanted Cyrax and Ashrah more.
ashrah's a fucking jobber lol give me jacqui all day

BRUTALITY

Banned
i think its normal, since we know jack shit about her, shes perceived as another boring wasted family character. if they actually revealed shit properly NRS could dispell the hype but instead we get a soft announcement weeks ago and everyone starts speculating shes gonna suck after later character get real reveals. NRS need to handle their pre release strategies better imo, they make it seem far too complicated and secretive. such is the nature of FGC new titles thoug

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
ashrah's a fucking jobber lol give me jacqui all day
Maaaan. You're talking about pitting a heavenly Oni with a badass sword and a bigass hat - and we all know how the rules of Hat Tier work in MK - who literally eats demons in her sleep...in a fistfight with a souped up version of the girl from That's So Raven.

C'mon maaaaan.

Ed Boon, pls give us Ashrah for DLC so we can see how this plays out.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Maaaan. You're talking about pitting a heavenly Oni with a badass sword and a bigass hat - and we all know how the rules of Hat Tier work in MK - who literally eats demons in her sleep...in a fistfight with a souped up version of the girl from That's So Raven.

C'mon maaaaan.

Ed Boon, pls give us Ashrah for DLC so we can see how this plays out.
And goro is somehow half dragon. The lore don't mean shit when it's time for fists to fly and I'll take Jacqui over that basic bitch all day

From the moment she appeared in her first panel in the comics, I was head over heels in love. For one, she's an olympic kickboxer; we haven't seen that yet. Secondly, she is the very first African American girl in Mortal Kombat history. Those traits alone gave her enough individuality to make me immediately like her. I think what gives Jacqui a huge setback is the fact that she is a 2nd generation fighter. Her costume also looks similar to the other Special Forces member's attire. And, of course, she is Jax's daughter. Now don't get me wrong, a great deal of the MK fanbase loves Jax. But the ones who do love him are not as vocal as the ones who don't. The Jax haters are primarily the ones who also dislike Jacqui, as well as the ones who are indifferent to Jax. Jax has a solid fanbase; he's been in the majority of the MK games, and the ones he hasn't he has had a cameo of some sort. I like Jax. Many of us love Jax. He's an original. But those who don't, are quite loud about it.

We've seen nothing of her, yes. But boy are the haters in for a shock They aren't holding her off for because they don't care for her. They're holding her off because they're saving the best for last.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
She doesn't need to make jokes though, Cassie does, and she also needs to have two parents whose popularity she needs to play off of since as a character she's really not that interesting...though her mother isn't interesting either so I see where Cassie gets it from. Also #GiraffeNeck
at least the story behind Jacqui's mother is interesting...

LOL Cassie NEEDS Jacqui. Jacqui's the one that puts in the effort, punching Erron Black and coming up with a plan, and she actually managed to get Mavado, an able kombatant, into an armlock in the first place. All Cassie had to do was slice him. Wow.
Pfft, so she came up with one little plan - even a broken clock is right twice a day. And that Giraffe Neck is long in the past ;_;.

Congratulations, she's in front in one of the pictures! She's got her cornrows bundled to tightly if she thinks that'll happen again.

And Cassie doesn't need jokes, characters whose personalities are based around jokes are boring (here's looking at you Johnny). What makes Cassie dabes is her nonchalant, disrespectful attitude. Not to mention she's a leader. I know for sure Jacqui's got Twitter by the way she follows Cassie.

Cassie looks way better btw. Jacqui be looking like she made her costume out of pieces of scrap metal and daddy's old army shirts.

Last edited:
It's because she seems boring af, and it's NRS fault. They put so much emphasis on Cassie in the comics. Cassie was portrayed as a badass and Jacqui was just a boring rational friend. Her design is also bland as fuck. At this point there is probably little chance that she will impress anyone since most of the roster has been revealed. I would have said "live up to the hype" but it seems most people aren't hype except her fanatics. I am prepared for a "meh" response once she is revealed. It should have happened sooner.