What's new

A Plea to TYMers

While I admire your plea, it won't change much; wisdom is an abomination to the foolish. Adding to that, humans are naturally inconsistent, hypocritical and illogical lifeforms. What you are seeing here is the essence of these human imperfections being brought to the foreground. A shame, but it is to be expected, especially on the Internet: where the daft and uneducated tend to congregate.

So basically it is scrubby because you are playing against scrubby players?

I beat Scorpions in MK by blade charging non stop, MK must be scrubby.
i think i remember you beating me online with that scrubby bullshit once

the MKC is filled with scrubs because they never realized baraka is S+ tier with that max range blade charge. FFFFFUUUUUUUU

In IGAU, there are ZERO 8-2 matchups so I don't know how this compares to MK. You realize you are still in the learning curve of the game, it's only been out barely 2 months right?
well, how do you even know if there's any 8-2 matchups in the game if it's only been out for 2 months and we're all still stuck in the learning curve? for all we know there are 10-0 matchups. :p

I agree with all of your points except the MK vs Capcom thing. If Filipino Champ disses our community then the community has every right to trash talk right back at him. Most of the posts I saw were getting hype for MK vs Capcom or only trash talking back at Filipino Champ, not trash talking the Capcom community. I think in all honesty what this site needs is a Capcom vs MK war or an easy vs west to spice up tournaments. When's the last time a big 5v5 was planned for a major?

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
This website is generally awful for real information and a lot of people think because they can post something it is worth a damn. Just ignore the asinine posts and move on bro.

Also tons of people are waiting to be spoonfed information from "top players"

People here won't grow up. It's just gonna be that way because... "It's the MK community"

And RIP MK9

While I admire your plea, it won't change much; wisdom is an abomination to the foolish. Adding to that, humans are naturally inconsistent, hypocritical and illogical lifeforms. What you are seeing here is the essence of these human imperfections being brought to the foreground. A shame, but it is to be expected, especially on the Internet: where the daft and uneducated tend to congregate.

I didn't expect something so thoroughly dipped in morbid cynicism (and well-written) on the second page of this thread.

Kudos, sir.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!

Surprised you haven't deleted my post yet. >.>

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
In IGAU, there are ZERO 8-2 matchups so I don't know how this compares to MK. You realize you are still in the learning curve of the game, it's only been out barely 2 months right?
Of course there's a learning curve, but for the amount of work I put in with a bad character a person can win just as easily by jumping around like a 6 year old and teleporting with scorpion. I played someone earlier who talked shit to me after they beat me with Scorpion against lobo. I fight him again pick scorpion (who I've played for around 10 minutes total) and won the match against his Scorpion knowing basically no combos and jumping around like an idiot and teleporting. The level of difficulty of some characters being effective is rediculously stupid. Kabal in MK was a pain in the ass but you couldn't do dash cancel pressure after playing him for a few minutes, you couldn't be effective with any top tier character in MK after a few minutes of play.

I didn't expect something so thoroughly dipped in morbid cynicism (and well-written) on the second page of this thread.

Kudos, sir.
Thanks.
Surprised you haven't deleted my post yet. >.>
There's very little reason to.
I won in MK by mashing d1 and spamming air fans.
Also safe F2,1's helped so I didn't have to think a lot.

:3
Instead of calling each other's games scrubby, let's try finding equivalents to the scrubbiness!

Who's Kitana's equivalent in I:GAU?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Lumpymoomilk So because you scrubed out a scrubby scorpion, that doesn't mean the game is scrub friendly. Nobody has been able to provide a good argument as to why it's "scrubby". I've done the SAME thing you described literally in every major FG. I picked a top tier player and at one point and time, beat somebody who I probably shouldn't have beaten. If somebody is jumping around like a 6 year old and teleporting and you are eating it, that means you are allowing it. Why not bait it and full combo punish? If the scorpion is actually good, then he's not jumping around like a moron. If he's high level, then you just lost to a good player, there is no in between. Was Tekken 4 scrubby cause of Jin's JFLS? Or Sagat in SF4? How about Storm in MvC2? I can go all day, if you have been playing fighting games seriously since Tekken 3 I don't understand why you are so surprised there are some top tier chars that are easy to play.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Couldn't this have been summed up better if you said something like... "MK guys stop complaining about Injustice... Injustice guys stop complaining about MK"? :p

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I like how everyone defense is always "Herp derp, if it's so easy win a major" Because I claimed I was the best. Amirite? Exactly, so stop trying to defend this joke of a game. If I want to jump around and throw shit, I'd play Smash Bros.
No, your argument was probably the most ignorant I've ever seen on TYM so I decided to call you on it. If people feel the game is easy or scrubby, whatever, fine. You literally said you can jump around and press 1 button and win. That's beyond stupid and ignorant. If that's all it takes to win, then you should do it. IGAU isn't for everybody, if you are bad at it and hate it, simply eject the disc, sell it to somebody who does want it, and stop posting about the game.

Simple solution right? Uncle Nori is here to help you