What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi 6F d+1! Full Quan Chi Patch Notes!

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Honestly , this has to be just about the dumbest thing they could have done. Take a character whose offense is already so strong he can touch you once and win , and give him good defense. WHERE IS THE BALANCE?

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Mileena , a character with not even 1/10th the offensive or zoning capabilities , still has shit pokes ? And Quan chi gets a d1 buff? Just goes to show that bitching and whining is how you have success in an NRS game , maybe I should give it a shot. Sike , I left my vagina at the door. ( I don't even fucking play mileena and I feel the injustice )

Mileena , a character with not even 1/10th the offensive or zoning capabilities , still has shit pokes ? And Quan chi gets a d1 buff? Just goes to show that bitching and whining is how you have success in an NRS game , maybe I should give it a shot. Sike , I left my vagina at the door. ( I don't even fucking play mileena and I feel the injustice )
Well, but Mileena has wake ups:DOGE

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I co-main Quan and even I am confused by these buffs haha.

Would have made more sense if they made low bat a mid, and compensated for that by giving us the 6 frame d1. But we kept the low bat AND we got the fast d1?

I'm not sure I even want Quan to be this broke. Might be #1 in the game now...

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
So one guy made an idea about giving QC a 6 frame D1 to deal with pressure because of Liu Kang's prepatch F213 FBDC.

So they took away a bunch of pressure options from characters like Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, etc, but they still gave you a 6 frame d1, buffed Warlock's armored scoop, and kept the setplay game the same.

My mind does not compute at aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
So one guy made an idea about giving QC a 6 frame D1 to deal with pressure because of Liu Kang's prepatch F213 FBDC.

So they took away a bunch of pressure options from characters like Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, etc, but they still gave you a 6 frame d1 as well as buffed Warlock's armored scoop.

My mind does not compute at aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
Did armoured scoop really get buffed? Yes the start up frames were reduced but the patch notes also say it's a hard knockdown now, suggesting it does not launch anymore - that's a substantial nerf if I've interpreted that correctly.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Did armoured scoop really get buffed? Yes the start up frames were reduced but the patch notes also say it's a hard knockdown now, suggesting it does not launch anymore - that's a substantial nerf if I've interpreted that correctly.
That would make the move borderline useless if it didn't launch anymore. They probably meant to say the normal one results in a HKD.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
The only character who could do that was liu and he just got it removed. He could have just had an 8 frame poke... Y'know like many other of the cast.

Silly hes getting so many buffs when lower tier characters get pretty much naddah
Lower tier characters like Takeda and Jacqui got nadda.

Uh-huh.

He always did that much damage though. B324 and f2122 are the most damaging starters and do total like 5-7% more than charged b2, but it has always been more practical to start with b2xxEx rune or b32xxEx Rune.
The main use for charged b2 is in hard to blockables in conjunction with Low Bat. It can basicly replace NJP in some of the set ups.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Get your venomous ass out of the Quan thread
No:REO

All they did was make it so you have to actually know when to poke out of pressure. Before not only could he just mash it, if it hit he would have enough advantage to go into 50/50s. He still got buffed combo ability, buffed(fixed?) zoning, and he still has all the hard to blockables he had pre-patch. Hell he is probably still the best in the game. You all wanted a 6f d1 and you got it.

Edit: they fixed run cancels so hes def not best anymore. Still top 10 at worst though so quit whining.

Last edited:
No:REO

All they did was make it so you have to actually know when to poke out of pressure. Before not only could he just mash it, if it hit he would have enough advantage to go into 50/50s. He still got buffed combo ability, buffed(fixed?) zoning, and he still has all the hard to blockables he had pre-patch. Hell he is probably still the best in the game. You all wanted a 6f d1 and you got it.
I am totally fine, I do agree he is very good now (he was my secondary, now he is my main), I just have to figure out what to do with +3 which he gets from d1 on hit.