What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi 6F d+1! Full Quan Chi Patch Notes!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
He has only 2 more block recovery frames than Kotal's D1 which is one of the better ones in the game.

Seems a little excessive to me.
Very.

This char should only have a 6F D1 under the condition of it being as - as MK9 Kitana's.

Wigy

There it is...
so he doesnt get block infinited to death.
The only character who could do that was liu and he just got it removed. He could have just had an 8 frame poke... Y'know like many other of the cast.

Silly hes getting so many buffs when lower tier characters get pretty much naddah

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
The only character who could do that was liu and he just got it removed. He could have just had an 8 frame poke... Y'know like many other of the cast.

Silly hes getting so many buffs when lower tier characters get pretty much naddah
Its not even a "true low" poke dude.

Wigy

There it is...
I know but having it hit low like a d3 makes it so much better. But people can just block high and not have to worry about low-high pressure.
I actually don't know what you're talking about. I said the 6f d1 is a silly buff it should have been 7/8f and that would mean he has the same defensive options as most of the cast with the same crazy crazy offence.

WhoIsYams

That Game Store
I think it's a bit too much myself. I wanted d3 to go from 9f, -1 to 7f,-3. I'm not complaining either lol. I still don't expect an upswing of Quans in the tourney scene a la Boneshaper

Robotic

Gentleman.
You'll have fun. Its hard to get out when (if) you decide to though.
I fucked around with muhboi Quan in mk9 when his outfit was amazeballs and his playstyle was tight. His face and outfit in mkx turned me off completely. That Warlock, though...how did I not know about it till recently? Plus he and Shinnok look like the only 2 on the cast that rock out to Tool.

Been playing Warlock since day 1... and not once did I have to play the mirror match.... i get the feeling that'll change quite soon. Hopefully the bandwagon isn't too real...

tanya could block infinite him as well, and hers is still in the game, so now d1 gives him an option.
Kotal could block infinite him in the corner with meter, so now he has an option as well

Well if you think about it Kotal doesn't have wake ups in Blood God (well now he at least has a 1 frame parry), and only has good wake ups in War God. So Quan is in the same boat. Summoner and Sorcerer can't wake up just like Blood God so they need a d1 almost as good as Kotal's. Kotal on top of that has a 6 frame d4.
Before I get crucified I am not implying that blood god is as good as Summoner, It just makes sense in theory)