What's new

4th variation?

AZBros

Noob
I wonder if this opens up the possibility of a 4th variation for the rest of the cast, if not then just some special exceptions (obviously Scorpion). My only real issue with the 4th variation is the name Triborg. At first it seems like a fun joke to surprise us, but when you break it down, it just doesn't make sense. The name Triborg isn't all that great to begin with, so if you're even remotely considering giving it 4 variations, maybe try thinking of a neutral name instead. The MK team has always been great at coming up with names for their characters, but I feel they dropped the ball on this one.

Awesome character and concept, though. I'm looking forward to hearing Triborg's backstory.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I wonder if this opens up the possibility of a 4th variation for the rest of the cast, if not then just some special exceptions (obviously Scorpion). My only real issue with the 4th variation is the name Triborg. At first it seems like a fun joke to surprise us, but when you break it down, it just doesn't make sense. The name Triborg isn't all that great to begin with, so if you're even remotely considering giving it 4 variations, maybe try thinking of a neutral name instead. The MK team has always been great at coming up with names for their characters, but I feel they dropped the ball on this one.

Awesome character and concept, though. I'm looking forward to hearing Triborg's backstory.
Lets be honest NO other character will have a fourth variation. Triborg is the exception I feel beacuse his character is other characters. This was just a way to put more characters into the cast. A smart way at that. Though I guess it would be cool to see other characters with four variations (Jacqui with flamethrower gaunlets pls).

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
It is a pretty bad name, lol. lbsh, no one is going to say..'i play triborg', they're going to say..'i play sektor/cyrax/smoke.' NRS got the creative minds with the brutalites..fatalities...xrays... but for some reason when it came to deciding the name for the Bot's, they drew a blank.
But does TriBorg really need a more interesting name?From the announcement trailer he made his debut in, I gathered his only purpose was as a way to bring the Robots into MKX. I mean, as of now, his whole schtick is being a 3-for-1 deal (with bonus free gift variation of the universally maligned CSZ!), I don't think he was really meant to be his own character. Even his variations has the name of the robot in them (honestly, I think it would have been better without that since fans would be able to know which is which).

Then again, maybe I'm wrong and his ending will show that Triborg is it for the robots this way forward. A one 'bot army if you will.

Last edited:

FuzzyDunlop

AC/DC Bag > Ghost
Why are people worried about the name? It's likely most people are just going to say what variation they play since they are basically 4 separate characters, doesn't matter if it says triborg or quadborg, nearly everyone is going to say "I play Sektor" or "I play Cyrax"

The name triborg is irrelevant imo.

Israel

Noob
But does TriBorg really need a more interesting name?From the announcement trailer he made his debut in, I gathered his only purpose was as a way to bring the Robots into MKX. I mean, as of now, his whole schtick is being a 3-for-1 deal (with bonus free gift variation of the universally maligned CSZ!), I don't think he was really meant to be his own character. Even his variations has the name of the robot in them (honestly, I think it would have been better without that since fans would be able to know which is which).

Then again, maybe I'm wrong and his ending will show that Triborg is it for the robots this way forward. A one 'bot army if you will.
your right..it doesnt need to be, but each time we pick the character, we're going to have to hear his name announced....

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Let's be serious. NO ONE is going to refer to this character as "Triborg". No one is gonna say, oh he picked triborg, let's see if he switches variations. Lol. Also no one is gonna put triborg in a tier list, there's gonna be Cyrax, Sektor, Cyber Smoke and Cyber Sub in their own places.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Make the real Jade a 4th variation for Kitana or Mileena with all her specials intact. I want to phase right through those damn Predator lasers and whoop him up with some staff normals (don't you dare mention that the yellow-wearin traitor broad can do that because I don't care. #TeamGreen all day!)

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Is Cyber Sub-Zero really a 4th variation or he appears if you pick Tri-borg with No Variation?

You see, they said that Tri-borg doesn't share a single special move between three variations, which means that if you picked him with No Variation (Up, Up, 2 during variation select) he wouldn't have any special moves at all. So instead of that happening, they decided to fill that gap with Cyber Sub-Zero?

But is it fair towards the rest of the cast? Or Mortal Kombat XL is actually going to add 4th variation for the entire cast? Most likely not.

Thoughts?
Yes,pick Goro without variation and Sheeva will come out.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
They should straight up add a 4th variation to Kitana. I got it all figured out.

Noble Enchantress

She utilities the magical abilities bestowed upon her by her heritage. She focuses specifically on zoning, keeping the opponent out. All of her original special moves are gone, all replaced. Combos are completely different, does not use fans at all in this Variation.

* Edenian Spell: Kitana's hands glow blue, and she shoots a blue, sparkly light out of her hands.
o Meter Burn - Edenian Blast: The spell is bigger and travels faster, also has knock back on block.
* Edenian Curse: Kitana throws a sparkly white and gold orb at her opponent, which can stay in place until she chooses to detonate it. Self-detonates in 120 frames automatically, can be delayed by holding down. This pops opponents up for a free hit.
o Meter Burn - Edenian Imprecation: Will self-detonate as soon as it comes out if opponent is that close, more damage.
* Sparkling Lights (Close Medium Far): Kitana blasts stars from the sky at her opponent.
o Meter Burn - Shimmering Brights: All three stars come down.
* Air Teleport: Kitana swirls out of existence, moving either down towards the ground, forward in the air, or backwards. The teleport looks somewhat similar to Tanya's, except that the yellow is a sparkly blue trail. The ground teleports look different too, Kitana phases towards or away from her opponent.
o Meter Burn - Death Teleport: After the teleport, Kitana can do an overhead similar to the one in MK vs DC Universe, or a low where she kicks their legs and does a flip.
* Uprise: Changed, now raises her hands, and it is her sparkly blue magic which holds them.
o Meter Burn - Magic Rise: Faster start-up, reaches farther.
* Flurry Kicks: Lifts herself into the air, and kicks them repeatedly.
o Meter Burn - Edenian Kicks: Armored, does more kicks.
* Shadow Glow: Kitana glows blue, and projectiles pass through her.
o Meter Burn - Shimmering Glow: Any hits pass through her, invincible.
* Shimmering Dust: Kitana throws gold dust at her opponent, which does DoT.
o Meter Burn - Gorgeous Dust: Does more DoT, prettier display.
* Low Spell: Does a crouching version of her Edenian Spell.
o Meter Burn - Low Blast: Faster start-up, more damage.​

ErMac333

Noob
Yes it's fair, he'd have no special moves in his variation-less state. And yes, the name's shit. It would be much better to just throw some random code like all of them, but something that makes sense for the three being together. I'm also really curious on what how its story will go from here on. Wasn't expecting anything canon, but since they told us it was, kinda curious here.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
They should straight up add a 4th variation to Kitana. I got it all figured out.

Noble Enchantress

She utilities the magical abilities bestowed upon her by her heritage. She focuses specifically on zoning, keeping the opponent out. All of her original special moves are gone, all replaced. Combos are completely different, does not use fans at all in this Variation.

* Edenian Spell: Kitana's hands glow blue, and she shoots a blue, sparkly light out of her hands.
o Meter Burn - Edenian Blast: The spell is bigger and travels faster, also has knock back on block.
* Edenian Curse: Kitana throws a sparkly white and gold orb at her opponent, which can stay in place until she chooses to detonate it. Self-detonates in 120 frames automatically, can be delayed by holding down. This pops opponents up for a free hit.
o Meter Burn - Edenian Imprecation: Will self-detonate as soon as it comes out if opponent is that close, more damage.
* Sparkling Lights (Close Medium Far): Kitana blasts stars from the sky at her opponent.
o Meter Burn - Shimmering Brights: All three stars come down.
* Air Teleport: Kitana swirls out of existence, moving either down towards the ground, forward in the air, or backwards. The teleport looks somewhat similar to Tanya's, except that the yellow is a sparkly blue trail. The ground teleports look different too, Kitana phases towards or away from her opponent.
o Meter Burn - Death Teleport: After the teleport, Kitana can do an overhead similar to the one in MK vs DC Universe, or a low where she kicks their legs and does a flip.
* Uprise: Changed, now raises her hands, and it is her sparkly blue magic which holds them.
o Meter Burn - Magic Rise: Faster start-up, reaches farther.
* Flurry Kicks: Lifts herself into the air, and kicks them repeatedly.
o Meter Burn - Edenian Kicks: Armored, does more kicks.
* Shadow Glow: Kitana glows blue, and projectiles pass through her.
o Meter Burn - Shimmering Glow: Any hits pass through her, invincible.
* Shimmering Dust: Kitana throws gold dust at her opponent, which does DoT.
o Meter Burn - Gorgeous Dust: Does more DoT, prettier display.
* Low Spell: Does a crouching version of her Edenian Spell.
o Meter Burn - Low Blast: Faster start-up, more damage.​
We need a "Kreate 4th variation for your kharacter thread".