What's new

4th variation?

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Is Cyber Sub-Zero really a 4th variation or he appears if you pick Tri-borg with No Variation?

You see, they said that Tri-borg doesn't share a single special move between three variations, which means that if you picked him with No Variation (Up, Up, 2 during variation select) he wouldn't have any special moves at all. So instead of that happening, they decided to fill that gap with Cyber Sub-Zero?

But is it fair towards the rest of the cast? Or Mortal Kombat XL is actually going to add 4th variation for the entire cast? Most likely not.

Thoughts?

Is Cyber Sub-Zero really a 4th variation or he appears if you pick Tri-borg with No Variation?

You see, they said that Tri-borg doesn't share a single special move between three variations, which means that if you picked him with No Variation (Up, Up, 2 during variation select) he wouldn't have any special moves at all. So instead of that happening, they decided to fill that gap with Cyber Sub-Zero?

But is it fair towards the rest of the cast? Or Mortal Kombat XL is actually going to add 4th variation for the entire cast? Most likely not.

Thoughts?
its fair anyone can choose to pick him (if you get the dlc)

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
its weird , cause the char name is Triborg and now is PoliBorg / QuadBorg / Multiborg / Tekunin Master Borg.......anyway , its KP 3 an Possibility ? (PLS NRS)

maybe its just like u say neutral of Triborg = Cyber Sub , Awesome solution.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Yeah it's fair, not sure why it wouldn't be. It would have been unfair if 4 variations was the standard, which it is not. Cyber Sub is pretty much a gift from NRS and a great one at that.

I'm not entirely sure if variationless is going to be Cyber Sub since at the character select screen, Triborg already had the blue color. Other characters don't show variation-specific things like this when you pick variationless. I imagine Triborg is the exception to this rule.

Thoughts?
Maybe we should be pushing for the current variations to all have a purpose before adding twenty more broken/useless ones.

i certainly wouldn't get your hopes up of other characters having a 4th variation. cyber subzero was easier i assume, because he already had an existing moveset they could borrow from, slap a different colour scheme and there you go.

zabugi

The only Real Master
may b he's like a secret character or smn where as certain conditions must be met b4 u unlock him