What's new

1st Post MKXL Balance Patch?

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
While I agree with basically everything you said, you're downplaying Cage a lot. F3 jails into this crazy pressure, advances a good distance, is mid and is safe on whiff. Doesn't sound very risky to me.
He is really strong,I agree with you,his f3 is a pain in the ass:eek:.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
According to my experience, what I really hope is that they toned the offense and the pressure but I'm sure they will not.
There's little to no reward in being thoughtful against some character.
In this game you need to be good going relentless and stay safe and it's fine, for sure, but I think MKX it's too much, sometimes and the meter system doesn't help you.
I think that the stamina system is the key to balance the game better.
If someone going berserk against you, the stamina going down, so, the two contender need to think about what they do and take a break from the pressure to actually play footsies, neutral game, mind game, building setup and so on...

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
According to my experience, what I really hope is that they toned the offense and the pressure but I'm sure they will not.
In this game you need to be good going relentless and stay safe and it's fine, for sure, but I think MKX it's too much, sometimes and the meter system doesn't help you.
If someone going berserk against you, the stamina going down, so, the two contender need to think about what they do and take a break from the pressure to actually play footsies, neutral game, mind game, building setup and so on...
Some chars do not need the stamina to play their pressure game,

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Some chars do not need the stamina to play their pressure game,
That's exactly what I say.
If EVERY character need stamina to pressure and the stamina fall down quickly, maybe we can have more "high level" matches that aren't only pressure and anything else and some match up will became more interesting then before.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
i ain't trolling, you did the typical salty man i'd like to see you do it bullshit and then there was the "Gtfo with this bullshit". what part there does not indicate salt?
Im really wondering how the hell did you deduce that I was salty because I said "gtfo with this bullshit".

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Umm...was there any announcement of the time? Is the kast today?
Anything? Seems like everything is quiet and I can't find any info about it.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Umm...was there any announcement of the time? Is the kast today?
Anything? Seems like everything is quiet and I can't find any info about it.
yep same here, i have looked on Twitter, Game Spot, NRS, WB, FB and found nothing.

checked the kast to see if i heard it right, and they said tomorrow with no time stated, just tomorrow?

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
That would help someone like me who is more defensive player/control my zone then offensive execution psychopath who cant drop combos.

so 7 hours from now :(
I'll keep you posted homie if you miss it

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
To go into more detail as above. It would be cool to see stamina drop on the aggressor for each successive block you do. Then have them whiff once depleted.

Similar to EA boxing games in the past. In boxing you have to manage your stamina and not keep throwing at someone who defense is good. Look at Sweet Pea, Roy Jones Jr., Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard. Good defense turn offensive by wearing down the oppenent stamina.

Having good defense should be rewarded. It would make a good balance between a rushdown vs defensive play style.

To go into more detail as above. It would be cool to see stamina drop on the aggressor for each successive block you do. Then have them whiff once depleted.

Similar to EA boxing games in the past. In boxing you have to manage your stamina and not keep throwing at someone who defense is good. Look at Sweet Pea, Roy Jones Jr., Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard. Good defense turn offensive by wearing down the oppenent stamina.

Having good defense should be rewarded. It would make a good balance between a rushdown vs defensive play style.
Good defense isn't just blocking lows or overheads.. It's anti airing, knowing when to poke out, armor, backdash, delay your wake up, break throws, whiff punish, trip guard, punish and press buttons in general.. All of these things are rewarding in this game.. Nothing is wrong with the defensive aspect of this game aside from taking excessive amounts of chip and having to guess a second time after successfully blocking a 50/50 but they already adressed both in the beta..

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Good defense isn't just blocking lows or overheads.. It's anti airing, knowing when to poke out, armor, backdash, delay your wake up, break throws, whiff punish, trip guard, punish and press buttons in general.. All of these things are rewarding in this game.. Nothing is wrong with the defensive aspect of this game aside from taking excessive amounts of chip and having to guess a second time after successfully blocking a 50/50 but they already adressed both in the beta..
i think personally they should focus less on unreactible 50/50's and more on pressure to open up the opponent... id even be happy if every mixup move in the game changed to 25frame startup.. and they add plus on block strings, or other methods of opening up opponent then, guess work strings. i miss the old mk's where 50/50's where not a thing. now every damn character has them... and some are built around them.. its sad imo

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Block breakers are worthless. That would be the answer but right now its not. Hopefully that gets updated.