What's new

$100 Money Match SonicFox vs Perfect Legend Next Weekend At Summer Jam 9!!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ok seriously what does that actually change for anyone but the two parties involved? What is this extra $200 going to achieve for the viewer? It would be one thing if it were $1000 or something like that but $200 more is hardly hype inducing. This isn't about that at all. Plus telling people how much money they should lay down for something that concerns only them and we're going to get enjoyment out of regardless is kinda entitled IMO. Not blowing you up or anything but so many posts in this thread are ignoring the point and debating the amount of money on the line as if they should have any say in it. Most money matches we've seen in the community were for far less money by the way.
I'm not telling them how much money they should put down, just a suggestion. For the same reason a prize pot of $10k is more exciting to watch players compete for oppose to $500, more money on the line is more exciting to watch in a MM. Maybe it's just me, but more on the line means more to lose/gain. Kinda like watching poker tournaments with a higher prize pool, or high stakes cash games. Maybe it's just the degen in me, idk. But again, tis merely a suggestion.

I'm not telling them how much money they should put down, just a suggestion. For the same reason a prize pot of $10k is more exciting to watch players compete for oppose to $500, more money on the line is more exciting to watch in a MM. Maybe it's just me, but more in the line means more to gain/lose. Kinda like watching poker tournaments with a higher prize pool, or high stakes cash games. Maybe it's just the degen in me, idk. But again, tis merely a suggestion.
A prize pot of 10k is more exciting?? To who? The viewer?! Oh well, to each his own. I have personally never cared, as a viewer, how much pot money was at stake. It never influenced my decision to enjoy a tournament more or less.

Does anyone know how much the EVO MKX pot breakdown was? Maybe it was common knowledge but I do not, nor was it of any interest. I watch solely as a spectator enjoying the competition.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
There's a lot to blow up Carl about, but having the balls to challenge the best player in the world to a Ft10 money match is not one of them. Hey, if he's willing to deal with the backlash, just blow him up after he loses. Don't blow him up for daring to step up. You complain about lack of hype then this happens and you're blowing up someone who's providing it.
I don't think this is pre-blowing up at all. Look at how much this thread has exploded. This has worked. It has brought a ton of hype. Just because many people justifiably think that PL is going to lose doesn't mean this isn't a hype machine. It definitely is. There was endless hype for Mayweather VS Pacman even though the majority (correctly) believed Mayweather would win.

I'm not telling them how much money they should put down, just a suggestion. For the same reason a prize pot of $10k is more exciting to watch players compete for oppose to $500, more money on the line is more exciting to watch in a MM. Maybe it's just me, but more on the line means more to lose/gain. Kinda like watching poker tournaments with a higher prize pool, or high stakes cash games. Maybe it's just the degen in me, idk. But again, tis merely a suggestion.
I agree to an extent. A higher pot prize ensures a wider range of competitors, hopefully at least, so that's a slightly different type of hype.

For the money to make a difference in an MM, it has to be a huge gap. $100 to $300 doesn't change much for me. But a $1000? Daaaaaaaammmnnn.

Or when Marvaz said he'd just GIVE Brady $500 for beating DJT. Hahaha.

I miss that hype, but it looks like it's here!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I agree to an extent. A higher pot prize ensures a wider range of competitors, hopefully at least, so that's a slightly different type of hype.

For the money to make a difference in an MM, it has to be a huge gap. $100 to $300 doesn't change much for me. But a $1000? Daaaaaaaammmnnn.

Or when Marvaz said he'd just GIVE Brady $500 for beating DJT. Hahaha.

I miss that hype, but it looks like it's here!
Yeah, I guess just seeing "$100 MM" seems like a regular MM to me and not something planned and hyped up about. But there really isn't too much of a difference, I just like to encourage gambling, lol.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Earlier, I put music to our competitors. Here's my reasoning for those choices...

Perfect Legend and Run DMC - King of Rock
PL was the King and he’s feeling disrespected and he’s looking to body. What made him – other than his absolute dedication to practicing to perfection – was that he always found a way to see himself as the underdog. It helped him always find a way and kept him mistake free. If he can find that again, these matches will be truly profound...

Sonic Fox and Rob Base - It Takes Two
Comparing RB to SF could be seen as a slight, but that wasn’t my intention. Rob Bass brought old school hip hop to club-friendly beats in a time when nonviolent profanity-free rap was frowned upon – and he gave absolutely zero fuks about it. Sonic Fox does stuff that generally goes against the meta – and he gets hate for it, but if you turn off your expectations (and stop dissecting everything by the MK etiquette rulebook) and just watch – you’re not only going to see something eye-opening and great – you’re going to have fun watching too.

Skkra

Excellent question. All I know is that people better protect their children, because if this isn't recorded and uploaded or streamed...and I miss it, I'll be ready to punch a baby.
I'll be there, but I mean, if this is in someone's hotel room and not hyped up and put on a stage area, only a select few people are going to get to see it.

TamedLizard

Buff George
I'll be there, but I mean, if this is in someone's hotel room and not hyped up and put on a stage area, only a select few people are going to get to see it.
I can't make it unfortunately. :(

Either way though, I'll be beyond baffled if it isn't recorded. Can't hype me up like this when it's going to be happening behind closed doors. #CruelIntentions

Skkra

I can't make it unfortunately. :(

Either way though, I'll be beyond baffled if it isn't recorded. Can't hype me up like this when it's going to be happening behind closed doors. #CruelIntentions
Hopefully Sabin or something will get it on stage.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I'll bet 200 internet dollars that PL ragequits again after he "put his hands in the air to show I didn't pause it despite the game pausing".

Kinda sad to think one of the most dominant players in the history of NRS is now willing to risk almost certainly getting beaten like a pinata just so people remember he exists. I mean, he could actually have done that by just going to tournaments and not ducking each one, bar not getting out of Evo pools, but hey, what do I know.

This is basically like Roy Jones Jr challenging Mayweather. Except neither SF or PL are absolutely awful awful human beings.

Sonicfox 10-3

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
I'll bet 200 internet dollars that PL ragequits again after he "put his hands in the air to show I didn't pause it despite the game pausing".

Kinda sad to think one of the most dominant players in the history of NRS is now willing to risk almost certainly getting beaten like a pinata just so people remember he exists. I mean, he could actually have done that by just going to tournaments and not ducking each one, bar not getting out of Evo pools, but hey, what do I know.

This is basically like Roy Jones Jr challenging Mayweather. Except neither SF or PL are absolutely awful awful human beings.

Sonicfox 10-3
Are you implying that Mayweather and Jones are awful human beings?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Earlier, I put music to our competitors. Here's my reasoning for those choices...

Perfect Legend and Run DMC - King of Rock
PL was the King and he’s feeling disrespected and he’s looking to body. What made him – other than his absolute dedication to practicing to perfection – was that he always found a way to see himself as the underdog. It helped him always find a way and kept him mistake free. If he can find that again, these matches will be truly profound...

Sonic Fox and Rob Base - It Takes Two
Comparing RB to SF could be seen as a slight, but that wasn’t my intention. Rob Bass brought old school hip hop to club-friendly beats in a time when nonviolent profanity-free rap was frowned upon – and he gave absolutely zero fuks about it. Sonic Fox does stuff that generally goes against the meta – and he gets hate for it, but if you turn off your expectations (and stop dissecting everything by the MK etiquette rulebook) and just watch – you’re not only going to see something eye-opening and great – you’re going to have fun watching too.
I disagree, sonic fox doesnt really do anything that isnt textbook, other than his twitchy armour moves, he's a total textbook style, and thats the style that gets results.

The problem is, a vast majority are illiterate and cant read the textbook, so they just dont see it.