What's new

$100 Money Match SonicFox vs Perfect Legend Next Weekend At Summer Jam 9!!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
yeah its character- and variation-locked.
Well, only if you win, apparently. The post above yours states Sonic plans on using Erron, Kitana and Cassie. I feel like Cassie and Kitana could handle Tempest much better than Erron can.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
We oughta build an undercard for it.

I'll put $20 up in a best of 15/first to 8.
Me and AS Tremor against anybody.
No fucks given.

Also, my $$$'s on Fox, but I don't expect PL not to put up a fight. I feel like he wouldn't be doing this if he didn't feel prepared.

Marvaz

come at me
Yeah, do not bet with this guy. I bet Sonicfox would win some tournament a couple months back, Sonicfox won, but this dude somehow claimed he won the bet because DJT beat Fox PRIOR to grand finals....where he fuckin' lost.
Do you really want me to pull up the quotes? You lost the bet and failed to pay. MULTIPLE ppl saw this and even called you out on your bullshit but then you resorted to saying that" you thought it was for winning the tournament "....lol. yeah ok.
There was another guy that bet me the same day but i think he deleted his account cause i never heard anything from him anymore.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I'm curious as to why people think a 3x EVO champ is going to get bodied so free? We've barely seen PL play. We honestly have no idea what tricks he has up his sleeve. Maybe he discovered tech? Either way I wouldn't count him out. If he trains for this he can do well. Remember when people thought Carl was washed up after EVO 2011? Remember what happened the next year? lol. We never know.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
The money doesn't matter to the fans; the hype and level of play does.

Back in the mid 90's, I won a bet for $350 in a game of Samurai Shodown on NEO GEO. The guy was sobbing. He went from this ghetto-exterior tough guy to a sobbing child. I only ended up getting $275. It all spawned from a night of gaming and money games and his belief that Tam Tam sucked.

I've also lost $200 on a Madden game. Now, I won a lot more than I lost - but I'll never forget that feeling. It felt like I was giving him my intestines.
yeah man i agree.. even though i do personally think this match should be a bit more than $100 with how both parties are "promoting" it ...i think the feeling behind this is kinda reminiscent of MMs and call outs back in the day..

only things that would be missing now would be utter turmoil of having to feel the stare of everyone as you pull two from the ledge and drop them into the quarter/coin slot.. all with the soundtrack of the "someone just got their ass beat countdown" ooooohhh, and god forbid if you had to make that walk of shame over to the coin machine to re-up after a loss...the absolute worst.. hands all sweaty .. salt levels rising.. and of course, the dollar never goes in on the first try ....and then.. after a deep breath.. its that change drop.... like 20 little ice picks stabbing your soul as each one fell...

man.. those were some good times..

I have never not paid a bet. The tom brady thing was just for hype and fun, plus it wasn't even a bet lol. That shits old my freind.
Wait, you didn't pay Brady for destroying Denzel in that mirror? Or is it something else?

It's so weird, I was listening to that podcast the other day. Sub Zero Wars, classic MK9 hype!!!!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Do you really want me to pull up the quotes? You lost the bet and failed to pay. MULTIPLE ppl saw this and even called you out on your bullshit but then you resorted to saying that" you thought it was for winning the tournament "....lol. yeah ok.
There was another guy that bet me the same day but i think he deleted his account cause i never heard anything from him anymore.
And I clearly said "Sonicfox will win".

Did you think I was just referring to a random match during the tournament? So your bet was.....DJT would win a set, but not actually beat Sonicfox when it mattered? How could I have possibly known that was what your bet was for? Do you think I wouldn't have paid if Fox won the meaningless match prior to Grand Finals and then DJT won the tournament? Please.

And I had way more people agreeing with me than you, man. Fox won the whole tournament....who the hell would bet on a match that doesn't determine the actual tournament winner? How could we have even been sure they'd face each other? What would have happened if they didn't?

This thread is getting derailed again, so I apologize. You weren't clear at all about what you wanted to bet on. You can go ahead and think you won, but you have to know it's ridiculous to claim that you did.

E

Eldriken

This is gonna be the longest fucking week EVER. E.V.E.R.

It's similar to waiting on the release day for a highly anticipated game to roll around.