What's new

What makes 50-50's different from mix-ups?

RoGE

Noob
I never really got this, people say 50-50's are a broken aspect that some 3D fighting games like SC2-3 and late MK games have.

What I don't get is, don't all 3D fighting games have Low, mid, and high attacks? What really makes that broken in a 3D fighting game?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You're right dude, personally I just thing a lot of sucky players that are ignorant say that shit.

However, I will admit this though MK:D is by far the easiest MK game to win in IMO out of all of them, this is one MK game that is about 50/50's and brute, pure offense. There's no parries, no good wake up, no way to escape anything unless you glitch recover and trust me most of the time it's not worth it and won't do you any good. If you're a very good offensive player in MKD, you will win regardless if you have your foe pinned down and especially if you have them "corner trapped" MKD in the corner=game over especially if you're Bo, N/S or Dairou...the top guys in the game but honestly even with other characters it's still a mere guessing game "will they hit high, mid or low" and a lot of mid's hit low so if you think it's a high coming and you try to duck..you guess wrong, you're fucked lol. Then there's the case of easy SS FT's(sidestepping free throws) that was fixed in MKA, but in MKD they were beyond easy and beyond annoying. The infinites are also by far the easiest to pull off in MKD also out of any MK game I've played thus far if you ask me. I mean N/S has god knows how many that any noob can do within minutes of learning...

MK:A I honestly believe that the 50/50 game is still there, but severly toned down due to the better jumping ability and addition of parries, wake up....in MKD you could only guess high or low and block....so right there your options are instantly increased to the player.

Hell, even MK:DA had more offerings to the player with the push, reversals then MKD did along with a much more smoother, faster side stepping. MKD to me is nothing but a 50/50 offensive fest, nothing else. Whoever can go on a offensive streak first, will win. Speaking from lots of experience from xbox live. That was the deal with MKD, not to sound like tooting my own horn but that was also one of my best MK's only one guy ever on xbox I couldn't beat and that was B N R. 8) he had the best N/S you'll ever see in that game.

Other then MKD, I don't believe the "50/50" gig is a big deal in the other MK's honestly...it's a tactic that's in every fighting game I've ever played and most likely will remain for future fighters. :wink:

(as for SC I'm just not a fan of at all, to me all of them are the same honestly)