What's new

Twitch Drops Announced for Mortal Kombat 1

WB Games Esports Manager Will Lewis announced the introduction of Twitch Drops this week for MK1. Recipients will need a WB Games account, and after it's connected to Twitch, they'll be able to get the drops.

The drops will be available from Monday, April 22nd at 12:01am PT through Sunday, April 29th at 11:59pm PT.

Twitch viewers of MK1 streams that have drops enabled will be able to earn the following items (with one unlocking per hour of watch time until all 3 are earned):
  • Ashrah - Holy Hell/Killing Time Palette
  • Baraka - Wasting Disease/Binge Watcher Palette
  • Scorpion - Hot Minute/Packing Heat Palette
More info and FAQ:
https://rewards.wbgames.com/games/mortal-kombat-1/twitch-rewards/mortal-kombat-1-twitch-drops

Comments

I gotta say this isn't a bad idea to do using skins.

Mostly because it ups viewership obviously but also we're a very fractured community, A good amount of MK fans don't care about online vs to watch other people play and stream it. Whether because they'd rather play themselves or because they play for cosmetics mostly found in Single Player like Invasions.

So this can let people who normally don't go out of their way to watch MK1 streamers watch/interact with the other side of the community in return for an easy free reward.

i think they will continue with the rest next months here on out. i need one for reptile lol
They could always do more in the future, It's not like everybody has a purple and black palette.

I think they should extend the Twitch Drops idea to the whole MK Roster honestly. Same with 3D Era Throwback outfits.

Not even the whole cast? Just a purple palette for three characters.
Ok.
I think the skins look pretty great. I'm a bit biased because I love purple, though. I mean, these shit on most of the fucking awful mustard yellow and brown we've seen in every single Invasions season so I'm happy with them.

Also, you only need to watch 3 hours. During Marvel Snap Twitch Drops, it's always been 6 hours, which seems excessive.

I hope they continue to do drops. It's a cool way to get an in-game reward and it's also great for the MK streamers. They get lots of new eyes on their content.

Even though the skins are just recolors it's very easy to do you can easily have it playing twitch on another device. I wish they would have done this for Ashrah's alt tho. They don't really advertise this at all not even within the game. once you unlock them they just appear in the kustomize. Either way it's free. Just letting everyone know cuz today is the last two days!