What's new

Strategy Superman players..start doing side switch combos!!!

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I'm tired of Superman players on streams and tournaments losing cause they give up their corner control. HE IS THE CORNER KING FOR A REASON PEOPLE!!! If your opponent gets you in the corner and you are able to hit them with a f23 switch sides so you have the advantage; its not hard! No this does not mean end all bnbs in RGHV.
-f23, dash under, 11, f2xxlow scoop, 3xx ender
-f23, dash under, d1, f2xxlow scoop, 3xx ender
-f23, dash under, 11(1)xxMB breath, b3, j3, f2xxlow scoop, 3xx ender
-f23, f2xxMB breath, j3, f2xxlow scoop, 3xx ender

Side switching should always be in mind in a Superman player's head, especially with all the new corner shenanigans discovered like the corner vortex.
-It can also be helpful as it creates less corner distance in matchups that involve zoning such as Grundy.
-If you have trait available you could easily TOD your opponent with a dive bomb reset.
-Free unclashable damage from stage transitions.
-100% with corner interactable resets. (I'm talking to you MF Slayer!)
-Some stages like Hall of Justice or Arkham Asylum give Supes extra OTG options
-Stage bounces allow more meter, damage, and time for trait to comeback while placing your opponent where they don't want to be!
-If your opponent is holding forward to clash, it gives you extra unclashable damage.
- Comeback factor is very high!

These are all just a few advantages to side switching, and there is probably more. But seriously my fellow Kryptonians, time to step it up!

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Great post! If you have the execution, you can do B3, J3, 3xxScoop, 3xxender.
Yes I've done this before, actually the trick is hitting the j3 as low as possible so you can dash under quicker. The hard put is delaying the cancel on the S3 but once you get the hang of it its quite practical. Don't try it online though. :(

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
i always wondered why sometimes f23 can hit at start of the round range and other times it cant, guess it was side switching? :confused:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Yes I've done this before, actually the trick is hitting the j3 as low as possible so you can dash under quicker. The hard put is delaying the cancel on the S3 but once you get the hang of it its quite practical. Don't try it online though. :(
Yep. I hold up forward for as long as possible.