What's new

Sub-Zero UMK9/MK10 Workshop [*unofficial*]

ELC

Scrublord McGee
First a few ground rules:

1. Assume minimal engine changes from MK9 to UMK9 or MK10. While no engine changes would be highly unlikely, especially from 9 to 10, it would be even more unlikely for any of us to guess what engine changes will be made.

2. If you would like any information regarding Sub-Zero, please visit the Sub-Zero forums.

3. You should at least have a intermediate understanding of how to either play as or play against Sub-Zero.

Second, I don't main Sub-Zero, and have barely touched him. But I don't need to do that to realize that he crumbles under good zoning, whether cross-up zoning or projectile zoning. Hence, his 2-8 matchup with KL and his 3-7 matchup with Kit. Add into the mix that he has no safe way of approaching an opponent, and all he's good against are meterless rushdown characters.

[MENTION=4285]ELC[/MENTION]: 1. Get rid of Slide. Just remove it. It isn't iconic to me; it isn't useful outside of combos.

2. Add an advancing Ice Clone to compliment the retreating Ice Clone. With this, SZ gains two vital tools: protection against cross-up zoning, and a relatively safe way to advance on projectile zoners while building meter.

3. Either a faster startup on EN Freeze or one hit of armor on startup. Something to help ensure it trades instead of getting stuffed.

Essentially, make him MK10s Potemkin: no real ability to maneuver across the screen quickly, but he can get in, and if he does, he will fuck shit up.

Enenra

Go to hell.
don't get rid of slide, make it slide under projectiles. BOOM top tier.
And get rid of damage scaling on freeze. It's retarded.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
1. Make 214 0 on block.
2. Slide cleanly ducks under projectiles.
3. Speed up regular puddle.

That's all you'd need to do, IMO.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I Would love if they Brought a few subby's powers from Mk Mythology like:

Freeze on Contact
Polar Blast
They already brought Power Slide Back IMO