What's new

Sub-Zero General Discussion

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
So I'm looking to get back into this game, in time for Combo Breaker, after taking a break from it back in February to play Tekken 8. I WAS using Kung Lao kameo with my Sub-Zero, but KL kameo's latest nerf has me looking at other kameos for Sub now (I was using his buzzsaw hat for anti-airing quite a bit).

I'm looking at either Khameleon or Sareena as my new kameo. I used Sareena on Day 1 for about a couple of months before switching to Kung Lao kameo.

However, Khameleon was released when I was already heavily committed to Tekken 8, so I haven't really used her yet. But now that she's been out for a while now: I was curious to get people's takes on how they felt her learning curve was.

CanoCano

Noob
So I'm looking to get back into this game, in time for Combo Breaker, after taking a break from it back in February to play Tekken 8. I WAS using Kung Lao kameo with my Sub-Zero, but KL kameo's latest nerf has me looking at other kameos for Sub now (I was using his buzzsaw hat for anti-airing quite a bit).

I'm looking at either Khameleon or Sareena as my new kameo. I used Sareena on Day 1 for about a couple of months before switching to Kung Lao kameo.

However, Khameleon was released when I was already heavily committed to Tekken 8, so I haven't really used her yet. But now that she's been out for a while now: I was curious to get people's takes on how they felt her learning curve was.
She's not really hard to learn you just gotta get used to her constantly switching between Disguises, other than that she's pretty good with Sub

I think Sub should have his old damage scaling back for the spikes or they decrease the recovery of the Klone.

Regarding the Klone I'm basically only using it for an anti air and in combo. I find it difficult to catch someone in the Klone if they are in your face. They can just poke through it even without armor. Its too easily punishable.

I think Sub should have his old damage scaling back for the spikes or they decrease the recovery of the Klone.

Regarding the Klone I'm basically only using it for an anti air and in combo. I find it difficult to catch someone in the Klone if they are in your face. They can just poke through it even without armor. Its too easily punishable.
Sub is already top tier, so if he had his old school damage that would probably be a bit too much. That said, multiple spikes in a combo being basically pointless because it scales so hard is pretty lame. Making it do a touch more so you have a reason to spend the bar to close out a match, for example, would be nice.

People have gone back and forth about the utility of Klone in this thread, and sure, it could do more, but it already does quite a lot: combos and anti air like you say, as well as a parry against more obvious strings, grounded and airborne, and a great armor break, even against the fastest and best armors like Johnny or Tanya if you setup a safe jump which Sub can easily do. Also, lockdown in the corner, meterless or metered, into throw or mix/pressure if you don't have Kitana Kham available.

What CanoCano said, but I'd replace "good" with "amazing" ;) . Janet is also pretty great, but I'd say Kham is easier to learn out of the two. Slide + Fan Lift = Win against a lot of people. Same with B3 + Mileena Ball.

Either way, GL at Combo Breaker!

Last edited: