What's new

STRAW POLL: Best Rebirth Titles

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
I'm currently reading Batman: Rebirth and am reading the tie-ins for its Night of the Monster Men story arc. It crosses over with Nightwing: Rebirth and Detective Comics. I find it very enjoyable and as for the Batman Rebirth itself is great so far. If you ever get a chance to also read its one-shot, I also recommend as it was a nice little issue for Calendar Man :)

Flash Rebirth I heard is not recommended unless you've read some Flash before, specifically New 52 as it New 52's run has some implications to Rebirth.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Superman has blown me away, specifically in how much more likeable this one is compared to the New 52 Supes. Flash is my favorite superhero and I've really liked what they've done with him. Titans is pretty sweet with Wally back in the mix. Nightwing has been very enjoyable, and Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman have been cool as well. Honestly whatever your favorite DC hero is you'll probably find they have a good Rebirth title

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'm a big comic guy and Rebirth has been absolutely fantastic form start to finish. Like all new runs I start with getting the 1st story of every series and slowly drop things. Rebirth was just so good it took me ages to start dropping stuff.

my personal picks...

Wonder Woman - Simply fantastic and easily on the best of Rebirth. The new format of bi-monthly is getting used to basically release two books from the same writer. So unlike the rest of rebirth, the two issues do not connect ou have story A and B.

Superman - This is the Superman. The point of rebirth was to reconnect with what made this characters great that is what this is. Unfortunately this comic doesn't start as well, but gets GREAT. The entire start of the Super-verse comics deals with Doomsday and is pretty generic monster fighting.. but after that is done the comic turns into a revitalising breath of fresh air that eminds us why Superman is so frickn awesome!!

Aquaman - The big surprise for me was this one. It shaped up as one of my early favs that i read 1st when the packs arrived. I do not want to spoil it but this has a very different take than the rest of rebirth.. unlike the other ones this is not about making him like he used to be but trying something new with him. This is more a "fantasy comic" set in "our" world. The 1st story about him vs the humans is really neat as well. Seriously surprising I liked this so much.

Red Hood and the Outlaws - This is still hard to judge as it is monthly and we have only had 4 eps, but a "dirty dozen" team with Red Hood, Bizzaro, Atremis, Black Mask and more.. it is serious fun with out the attempts of some of the other comics to be "adult"... this is just a pure action comic and is fighting and one liners.... love it!

The Hellblazer - Moving Hellbalzer to DC from Vertigo was a huge error imo. Not being able to swear and other R-Rated stuff sucks big time and for that reason the new run can never "be" a "real" Hellblazer comic. That being said it is still a lot of fun and one of the more interesting comics in Re-birth. Planes of reality, secret societies, ancient magic beings. There is a lot of cool in this regardless.

Batman - because he is Batman.

Action Comics, Detective Comics, Trinity - These are basically Superman and Batman comics, they are intertwined and kinda the same book.. if you get superman, get Action Comic for example and if you get Batman get Detective Comics. Trinity you get if you get Superman or Batman or Both.

I could probably go on.. the thing is Rebirth has been so great that it is hard to say what is best as pretty much all the main lines are just really good.. and do not forget about the new imprint "Young Animal". This is kind of like Vertigo and aimed at young adults and uses adult themes, but unlike Vertigo it is an official part of the DC Universe. Shade and Doom Patrol are stand out amazing and Mother Panic as well as Casron and his Cybernetic Eye are great... In fact so far every book is a must buy.

Basically what I am saying is here, PICK YOU FAV CHARACTER, buy it's book and you are probably garenteeed the comic will be really good.

There is a reason DC has been taking all ten slots in the top ten sale lists month after month (somthign never seen before).. DC is killing IT!!!

Superman has blown me away, specifically in how much more likeable this one is compared to the New 52 Supes. Flash is my favorite superhero and I've really liked what they've done with him. Titans is pretty sweet with Wally back in the mix. Nightwing has been very enjoyable, and Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman have been cool as well. Honestly whatever your favorite DC hero is you'll probably find they have a good Rebirth title
I'm a big comic guy and Rebirth has been absolutely fantastic form start to finish. Like all new runs I start with getting the 1st story of every series and slowly drop things. Rebirth was just so good it took me ages to start dropping stuff.

my personal picks...

Wonder Woman - Simply fantastic and easily on the best of Rebirth. The new format of bi-monthly is getting used to basically release two books from the same writer. So unlike the rest of rebirth, the two issues do not connect ou have story A and B.

Superman - This is the Superman. The point of rebirth was to reconnect with what made this characters great that is what this is. Unfortunately this comic doesn't start as well, but gets GREAT. The entire start of the Super-verse comics deals with Doomsday and is pretty generic monster fighting.. but after that is done the comic turns into a revitalising breath of fresh air that eminds us why Superman is so frickn awesome!!

Aquaman - The big surprise for me was this one. It shaped up as one of my early favs that i read 1st when the packs arrived. I do not want to spoil it but this has a very different take than the rest of rebirth.. unlike the other ones this is not about making him like he used to be but trying something new with him. This is more a "fantasy comic" set in "our" world. The 1st story about him vs the humans is really neat as well. Seriously surprising I liked this so much.

Red Hood and the Outlaws - This is still hard to judge as it is monthly and we have only had 4 eps, but a "dirty dozen" team with Red Hood, Bizzaro, Atremis, Black Mask and more.. it is serious fun with out the attempts of some of the other comics to be "adult"... this is just a pure action comic and is fighting and one liners.... love it!

The Hellblazer - Moving Hellbalzer to DC from Vertigo was a huge error imo. Not being able to swear and other R-Rated stuff sucks big time and for that reason the new run can never "be" a "real" Hellblazer comic. That being said it is still a lot of fun and one of the more interesting comics in Re-birth. Planes of reality, secret societies, ancient magic beings. There is a lot of cool in this regardless.

Batman - because he is Batman.

Action Comics, Detective Comics, Trinity - These are basically Superman and Batman comics, they are intertwined and kinda the same book.. if you get superman, get Action Comic for example and if you get Batman get Detective Comics. Trinity you get if you get Superman or Batman or Both.

I could probably go on.. the thing is Rebirth has been so great that it is hard to say what is best as pretty much all the main lines are just really good.. and do not forget about the new imprint "Young Animal". This is kind of like Vertigo and aimed at young adults and uses adult themes, but unlike Vertigo it is an official part of the DC Universe. Shade and Doom Patrol are stand out amazing and Mother Panic as well as Casron and his Cybernetic Eye are great... In fact so far every book is a must buy.

Basically what I am saying is here, PICK YOU FAV CHARACTER, buy it's book and you are probably garenteeed the comic will be really good.

There is a reason DC has been taking all ten slots in the top ten sale lists month after month (somthign never seen before).. DC is killing IT!!!
Thanks so much guys, this helped me a lot as it let me know that I should just pick my favourite characters. Thanks. :D