What's new

So Lobo gets a redesign

Lobo is one of my favorite Dc characters, it was a punch in the face that one of the toughest guys in the universe sucks so bad in injustice, but now DC themselves have gone and completely destroyed the character that used to be so awesome. Matter of fact it turns out that lobo wasn't even the real one, he just stole the name, witness the real twilight lobo.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/23/dc-introduces-new-lobo-design

I love the design, but it would be a hell of a lot better if this was another member of his race or something and not Lobo.
I agree that the design isn't really that bad but to call this the new lobo? And to top it off the lobo we knew and loved just stole the name of this guy, is insane

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
If you said this was *insert random Batman character* redesign, I'd say cool. Looks badass.

Instead I am overcome by merciless rage. Lobo is dead, let us mourn him.

....but maybe New 52 Lobo wouldn't be shit in Injustice.

A possible turn of events, as stated in the comments section of the article:

The biker Lobo stole the name to get street rep as a guy to fear, and now the real guy to fear finds out and goes on a hunt for the impostor.
Perhaps at the end of the story, the main man fully takes the name "Lobo" after killing/defeating the real one?

This could calm down the rage over this whole situation.

BGMD

Noob
It's still stupid. They are messing with established character. I've always seen him more as anti-Superman than Wolverine parody. Incredibly strong, obnoxious and rude, bullies the weak because he can and so on...

I bet this is their idea of parodying modern "twilight" age heroes.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I would have to read the story and see how it plays out...
He could be the same just look different...
It could be one of his clones gone rouge..
The Lobo we know could win the fight...
Beside this is the new 52 Lobo and not pre 52 that has changed...the new 52 Lobo already has a different story that's kinda meh and he has so far been not as cool and kinda easy to "beat"...so this might make new 52 Lobo better...
Does not change pre 52 Lobo at all...

Sent from the bottom of a bottomless pit.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
Well technically, the old Lobo and his design still exists. This new guy is an entirely different character who happens to be named Lobo as well. It's not like they completely got rid of the other Lobo design. These two just exist simultaneously.

haketh

Noob
HTe Lobo everyone is used is stil out there, it's just adding a wrinkle to him. Niggas getting tight for no reason.

Reedoms

Noob
It's a parody of the prettyboy types these days like how his original incarnation was a parody of the upcoming extreme 90's. You guys just aren't looking into it deep enough.

You believed me for a minute there didn't you?