What's new

Should Shazam have his own ongoing?

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
As you may know Shazam has been featured in his own back-up tale in Johns' Justice League comic.While it's been amazing(thanks in part to Gary Frank's art) I feel it's been going so slow.
Now there is still abit to go in Shazam's back-up as well as being the main character of a whole JL issue plus he is set to join the JL.However I think he deserves his own series!
-There is still alot left to explore with Billy's past aswell as his growing relationship with his new foster family.
-Besides character development he has to fight Dr. Sivanas,the 7 sins and of course Black Adam so there is no shortage of villains for Billy to fight.
-Of course the creative team should be Geoff Johns writing and I dont know about the art since I dont think Gary Frank can handle a monthly.

So my question is: Does Shazam deserve an ongoing?and if he does what should be the creative team?

Reedoms

Noob
I'm not sure when since wave 4(5?) has already been announced and he wasn't in it but I think that's because his backup isn't finishing until June. He'll most likely be in the next wave of books.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm not sure when since wave 4(5?) has already been announced and he wasn't in it but I think that's because his backup isn't finishing until June. He'll most likely be in the next wave of books.
I believe he is in wave 5?

Wave 4 is: JLA, Vibe, Katana, Threshold & Constantine.
Wave 5 is: Green Team, The Movement, possibly the new Shazam title and maybe a Booster Gold ongoing?

Reedoms

Noob
I believe he is in wave 6 (or 7)?

Wave 5 (or 6) is something like:
Gail Simone on The Movement & The Green Team
Constantine
and the new JLA books? Or am I mashing waves together?
Pretty sure Green Team along with Threshold, JLA(With Katana and Vibe) and Constantine are 4th wave. While Superman/Batman, Superman Unchained, and Trinity of Sin: Pandora are 5th wave I think.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Pretty sure Green Team along with Threshold, JLA(With Katana and Vibe) and Constantine are 4th wave. While Superman/Batman, Superman Unchained, and Trinity of Sin: Pandora are 5th wave I think.
Eh, the fourth wave announcement doesn't seem to include Green Team and The Movement, but they are being introduced soon along with Constantine, so you're probably right.

Honestly I'm pissed at Superman Batman and Superman Unchained. We don't need anymore Batman or Superman titles! Superman has 2, Batman has fucking 4! Give something else worthy a chance!

Especially as Superman Unchained is to promote the movie, so why is it taking up a 52 slot? I know Superman and Batman always sell, but come on already!

Also I'm worried about WTF Certified April coming up in DC, it looks like they are going to stir up a lot of crap for shock value, this could be good or bloody terrible.

I'm also worried for

Reedoms

Noob
Honestly I'm pissed at Superman Batman and Superman Unchained. We don't need anymore Batman or Superman titles! Superman has 2, Batman has fucking 4! Give something else worthy a chance!
I'll gladly trade 3 books with Superman and Batman for the revival of DC Cosmic now that Giffen is on Threshold and Larfleeze.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'll gladly trade 3 books with Superman and Batman for the revival of DC Cosmic now that Giffen is on Threshold and Larfleeze.
Wait... are you saying you want Cosmic or you want Batman & Superman titles?

I don't understand why Batman: The Dark Knight even exists as a title, it's just completely redundant.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm glad Cosmic DC is getting back on track. Giffen is gonna bring the shit back to it's former glory.
Ah, agreed then. Threshold looks sort of promising, I like the new/old characters plus Larfleeze is always a bonus. I think Red Lanterns is kinda of a meh title, along with New Guardians. Also as much as I have loved the storylines so far, the conclusion to The Third Army and the First Lantern stuff we have so far has been fairly crap IMO.

Blue Beetles adventures in space have been awesome though! And I'm loving Baz as the new Green Lantern, wish he would get a in-game skin!