What's new

Scorpion kinda Reset?

I watched Slips on stream playing his Scorpion and i saw like this:

He did B2 Than he jumped towards his oppenent 1 teleport 444 Spear Jumped over oppenent 4 F21 Teleport F3, than your oppenent is still blocking and you can do F3 or F4 dont now exactly but it is a low hit, and than spear, and you can do B2 Jump towards Teleport 114 or something am i right?

If you want to see what i meant with the first part of the combo, than watch this:

http://www.justin.tv/slipkicks/b/289224581

what i'm saying is around 8:55.

Let me know.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
Any teleport punch on a standing opponent will stagger him on hit, allowing Scorpion to jump in punch into overhead/low/throw mix up. Any spear can lead to f21xxtelerport punch->reset.

Yeah. This IS scorpion. This is what makes him soooooo good. And it's not a reset. It's a mixup. Seemingly the same but very different :) So basically when you follow up a spear with F2, 1, teleport, you get a safe jump. So you jump in punch and if/when they block that, you can do F4~Spear for a low combo or B2 for an overhead and combo that. Best part is when you land the F4~Spear or the B2, you get to COMBO INTO THE SAME MIXUP!!!!!! Its alot like wesker from MvC3 in that way. Here are the combos I know... for the low you do F4~Spear, Jump over punch, F2, 1, teleport, safe jump and for the overhead you do B2, Jk~teleport, 2, 1~Spear, Jump over punch F2, 1~teleport Safe jump. Online you can pretty much just do the low over and over again and they never figure it out. Once you play someone a few times or you play a good players, they may start blocking low in which case you can start mixing it up with the overhead. One of the main problems with this mixup is how unsafe it is on block. B2 is punished by full combo. F4 alone is safe but since you will be linking the Spear and you cannot hit confirm, a crouched spear at close range is very punishable as well (more than a full combo if that was possible :D). But even with that in mind, you still just have to guess right and online you just have to spam lows. Also, its worth adding that I get rage quit against the most with Scorpion and I play the entire cast (Including Mileena lol). I think alot of online players think what Im doing is an infinite because they never block low haha. ANyways I hope this helps and also I hope I dont start running into a shit ton of Mixup scorpions after posting this. So far im the only one Ive seen online lol.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
There's a reset I've been doing but it's pretty gimmicky. It works when people like to no wakeup with anything. After scorpions normal bread and butter combo off a spear instead of ending with jumpkick air grab dash up F+4 xx teleport (teleport whiffs). Now right here you can actually b+2 or f+4 right as you land from the whiffed teleport. It's kinda like smokes whiff teleport into overhead. The problem is it's beaten by wakeup attacks and if they quickroll you have to change the direction of what you do unless you do it on like the first frame after the whiffed teleport.