What's new

Tech Raiden Unbreakable Damage

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
Raiden's unbreakable damage. His unbreakable moves consist of lightning, electrocute, vicinity blast, :x , and superman (ONLY IN A CORNER COMBO AND THE SUPERMAN IS CANCELLED, IF YOU DELAY THE SUPERMAN THEY CAN BREAK)

Midscreen Unbreakables

Raiden has a weak midscreen game for safe unbreakables, but if you want 1~electrocute for like 12% then be my guest.
He can also do f2~vb for 11%, but the spacing has to be just right for the vb to combo on most characters (Sheeva doesn't matter lol). The f2 has to be almost max range. F2~lightning is guaranteed from any range.

His best midscreen unbreakable is AA 1~vb dash shocker. Which is guaranteed 19% damage that builds about 10.5% of a bar of meter. If you know they're going to break right after electrocute, superman for an extra 6% meter.

Corner Unbreakable

This is a better situation for Raiden since he has a ground option that does more damage, but I don't know how to set it up.

With :ex Vicinity Blast you can do: :ex VB, electrocute~superman = 25% for 1 bar
or f2~:exvb, electrocute~superman = 28% for 1 bar which has a mid starter and does 3% more damage

If you manage to land a 334 and see that they have a breaker or almost one, you can do: 334~vb, electrocute~superman = 33%
with that 18% of the damage is unbreakable and you build 16% of a bar.

4x4lo8o

Noob
If you're in a corner and something like 334~vb 1~vb, 1~vb, 1~vb, f2~shocker, 33~superman are the 1~vb's breakable?

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
F2~vb does 11% and f2~lightning does the same damage and is guaranteed after an f2 on hit as opposed to vb which requires the f2 to be almost max range. The problem with lightning is that your -9 on block. If you do f2~ex: lighting in a closed stance it does a 17% unbreakable combo

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
well any physical hit is breakable so yeah. Raiden doesn't have the best unbreakable damage tbh.
Almost every physical hit is breakable. There are a few which break that rule, besides air throws.

Anyway Aidan , thanks for this compilation, good stuff. Raiden doesn't really have much in the way of unbreakables, in my opinion, but you know that when they're gonna break, may as well get as much meter out of it as you can.

NKZero

Noob
Almost every physical hit is breakable. There are a few which break that rule, besides air throws.

Anyway Aidan , thanks for this compilation, good stuff. Raiden doesn't really have much in the way of unbreakables, in my opinion, but you know that when they're gonna break, may as well get as much meter out of it as you can.
Could you give me an example? I can't think of any :S....but yeah I'm sure it's not every physical hit. Something like Cyrax's B2 is unbreakable right?

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
Could you give me an example? I can't think of any :S....but yeah I'm sure it's not every physical hit. Something like Cyrax's B2 is unbreakable right?
B2 is unbreakable when the bomb explodes, but if you hit them on the head they can break it.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
The second hit of Cyrax's b2 is indeed unbreakable. The first hit is not.

And as a Sonya player, I know that her leg grab move is, for some reason, unbreakable. She can even divekick into a pure X-ray attack and it can't be broken, either.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I just managed to connect an X-ray after a Shocker for 38% damage. The window to link both moves without using any normals is VERY tight, though, so I don't know about this being consistent.

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
I just managed to connect an X-ray after a Shocker for 38% damage. The window to link both moves without using any normals is VERY tight, though, so I don't know about this being consistent.
NO WAY I THOUGHT THAT WAS IMPOSSIBLE!! Then that means f2 shocker X-Ray is viable.