What's new

Raiden Guide Feedback

RAIDEN:

BEST NORMALS:
*:fk:fk:bkHIT LEVEL:H,M,M(overhead) - 3 hit string that launches. last hit is an overhead so it must be blocked standing. safe on block and can be canceled with teleport after any hit in the string.

*:l+:fk:fp:bpHIT LEVEL:M,M,M(overhead) - 3 hit mid string that launches. is +1 advantage on block. can be can canceled with teleport after any hit. last hit is an overhead so it must be blocked standing.

*:fp:bp:fpHIT LEVEL:H,H,H - 3 hit high string mainly used as a fast punisher. safe on block. if crouched, punished buy fulll combo. can be canceled by teleport after any hit unless the opponent crouches the jabs.

*:r+:bp:bkHIT LEVEL:M,M - 2 hit string that knocks back. you cannot link ANYTHING after this string but the knock back guarantees a free superman attack. on block is +1 advantage.

*:r+:bkHIT LEVEL:M(overhead) - safe overhead that gives a launch on hit.

SPECIALS:
*Teleport:)d:u)HIT LEVEL:N/A - light speed teleport that has Raiden appear behind his opponent. when the opponent is cornered Raiden can only teleport in front of them. if anticipated the teleport can be punished by fast uppercut or fast special but you have to be a Jedi to do it.

*Electric Fly:)l:r+:fk)HIT LEVEL:M - is the fastest non :en special in the game. how it is punished varies on the range it is done at. from close or far it gets punished by full combos but there is a sweet spot in between close and far where Raiden bounces back a little farther and can only be punished by fast advancing attacks.

*Shocker:)d:r+:bp)HIT LEVEL:H - Raiden shocks you and as you drop he can juggle. punished by full combo on block or wiff.

*Lightning Ball:)d:l+:fp)HIT LEVEL:H - standard projectile. unsafe at very close range.

*Vicinity Blast:)d:l+:bp)HIT LEVEL:H - anti air lightning that will juggle vs an air borne opponent. not a very consistent anti air

:en MOVES:
*:en Teleport:)d:u+:blk)HIT LEVEL:N/A - same speed as normal teleport. Raiden teleports behind the opponent then quickly teleports again to the front of them. if you are a Jedi you can be punished by fast uppercut or fast advancing special.

*:en Electric Fly:)l:r+:fk+:blk)HIT LEVEL:M - this is the fastest move in the entire game. besides being the fastest move, it also has super armor so there is now way to hit him out o this with anything besides an xray. it goes through every move in the game unless the move also has armor, super armor or armor breaks.

*:en Shocker:)d:r+:bp+:blk)HIT LEVEL:H - does the same thing as the standard shocker only now it has 1 hit of armor.

*:en Lightning Ball:)d:l+:fp:blk)HIT LEVEL:H,H - shoots 2 lightning balls, 1 in front of the opponent and 1 in back. if the back lightning ball hits, you can combo after it. when the second hit is blocked raiden has advantage.

*:en Vicinity Blast:)d:l+:bp+:blk)HIT LEVEL:H - more damaging version of the standard move and it wont juggle. totally worthless.

STRATEGY:

Frame Advantage:
after any of the moves that give Raiden advantage are blocked the opponent can still jump the next attack. however, if you do an electric fly the opponent will not be able to duck, jump, or strike at disadvantage unless they have a fast uppercut or very fast specials. this allows you to continue pressure or throw or even teleport.

using :r+:bp:bk:
when this string is blocked you can electric fly and the opponent cannot interrupt unless they have a fast uppercut or very fast special it as mentioned above in frame advantage. if the opponent respects the electric fly option then you can repeat the :r+:bp:bk set up, throw, go into a string, sweep, :r+:bk overhead.

After Electric Fly Hits:
off of this knockdown you can teleport then go into the :r+:bp:bk trap. after this knockdon if you notice the opponent teching back right away then this is a free set up because after rolling back you cannot wake up attack the opposite direction. if the opponent stays grounded for a second then rolls back and you teleport right after electric fly hits then they can roll the opposite direction and invincible wake up attack facing you. what you do in this situation is wait and let them stay grounded for about 1.5 seconds then teleport. if someone stays grounded for too long then, while they can still roll back and wake up attack or get up with an attack, the attack will not have the invincible frames anymore and you knowing this can pressure without fear of getting beat out by any attacks outside of :en moves with armor or an :x.

String MiX Ups:
any string that can be canceled with a special presents a mix up of either finish the string or cancel at different points with a teleport and continue to pressure. in order to punish the teleport the opponent must read it and if they make the wrong read it will cause the rest of the string to connect. you can also use the shocker at the end of strings to check the opponent. take the :l+:fk:fp:bp string.. after finishing the string you can link in the shocker special on block and if the opponent does anything but block they will be hit and Raiden will get a juggle. if they continue to block then you can teleport, throw, or repeat the string.

Anti Air:
besides uppercut, Raidens most consistent anti air is :en shocker. by doing this special when the opponent jump attacks the armor will absorb 1 hit and catch the opponent in the shocker and Raiden will get a juggle. this is the best way to anti air a cross up jump in.

Random Electric Fly Attacks:
sounds silly but this is what makes naked teleport possible. if the opponent is blocking as you teleport then you will have the advantage because they cannot turn around and come out of block in time. if the opponent reads teleport then they wont be blocking and you can check them with an electric fly.

COMBOS

STANDARD COMBOS:
1. :fp:bp:fp~shocker, :l+:fk:fp:bp~ electric fly

2. :fk:fk:bk~teleport, shocker, :l+:fk:fp:bp~ electric fly

3. :l+:fk:fp:bp, dash shocker, :l+:fk:fp:bp~ electric fly

4. :r+:bk, dash shocker, :l+:fk:fp:bp~ electric fly

5. (opponents back in corner) :r+:bk, shocker, :r+:bp:bk, electric fly

6. (opponents back in corner) :fp:bp:fp~shocker, :r+:bp:bk, electric fly

7. (opponents back in corner):fk:fk:bk, shocker, :r+:bp:bk, electric fly

5. (opponents back in corner):l+:fk:fp:bp, shocker, :r+:bp:bk, electric fly

6. (opponents back in corner):r+:bp:bk, :d+:fp~shocker, :r+:bp:bk, :d+:fk~electric fly

7. (opponents back in corner):fk:fk:bk~vicinity blast, :fk:fk:bk. :fk:fk~shocker, :fk:fk~:x

8. AA standard vicinity blast, :l+:fk:fp~shocker, :l+:fk:fp:bp~ electric fly

:x COMBOS:
1. :r+:bk, shocker, :l+:fk:fp~:x

2. :fp:bp:fp~shocker, :l+:fk:fp~:x

3. :fk:fk:bk~teleport, shocker, :l+:fk:fp~:x

4. :l+:fk:fp:bp, dash shocker, :l+:fk:fp~:x

5. (opponents back in corner) :r+:bk, shocker, :r+:bp:bk, :d+:fp~:x

6. (opponents back in corner):fp:bp:fp~shocker, :r+:bp:bk, :d+:fp~:x

7. (opponents back in corner):fk:fk:bk, shocker, :r+:bp:bk, :d+:fp~:x

8. (opponents back in corner):l+:fk:fp:bp, shocker, :r+:bp:bk, :d+:fp~:x

9. (opponents back in corner):fk:fk:bk~vicinity blast, :fk:fk:bk. :fk:fk~shocker, :fk:fk~:x

10. (opponents back in corner):r+:bp:bk, :d+:fp~shocker, :r+:bp:bk, :d+:fp~:x

11. AA standard vicinity blast, :l+:fk:fp~:x

So basically with random teleport to electric fly. you can teleport no matter what. And if by some chance they aren't blocking they eat a free electric fly and you can go back into BPBK shenanigans? And the only thing that stop this is fast uppercut or really fast special?

not teleport to elec fly.. if the opponent wants to punish teleport they must read it which means they cannot be blocking when you teleport to do so.

But are you saying that if they aren't blocking you can punish almost any reaction they make with electric fly

" if the opponent reads teleport then they wont be blocking and you can check them with an electric fly."

That's what that sounded like to me.

B W1zZ

Noob
Raiden has some corner shenanigans with his :fk:fk:bk string that do some decent damage I didn't see in this guide.

I came up with a pretty sweet corner combo, and its not that difficult:

Opponent's back in corner: :ur jump in :fp:fk:fk:bk :en vicinity blast, :fk:fk:bk, :fk:fk shocker, :fk:fk:l:r:fk

Here's what it looks like:

Got the game today. Electric fly is insane. It seems like it isn't possible for the oppenent to jump against you . It's an instant punish as far as I can tell. Probably wrong though lol

Not too different from your combos already listed but mine are;
Midscreen:
FK FK BK > Teleport > Shocker > FK FK > Vicinity blast > FK FK >Electric Fly
The FK FK > Vicinity Blast is prone to whiff so you can just exchange it for FK FK > Fly.

Corner:
B + FK FP BP > FK FK BK > FK FK> Vicinity blast > FK FK > Shocker > FK FK > Electric Fly 38%ish no meter if I remember rightly.
FK FK BK > FK FK > and repeat the above

B W1zZ

Noob
bNb corner combo, great for baiting a breaker and does good damage, works pretty good after knocking your opponent down in the corner:

(opponent in corner) :fk:fk:bk, :fk:fk:bk, :fk:fk:d:r:bp, :fk:fk:l:r:fk(39%)
(opponent in corner) :fk:fk:bk:en vicinity blast, :fk:fk:bk, :fk:fk:d:r:bp, :fk:fk:l:r:fk(44%)

(opponent in corner) :fk:fk:bk, :fk:fk:bk, :fk:fk:d:r:bp, :fk:fk:x(45%)
(opponent in corner) :fk:fk:bk vicinity blast, :fk:fk:bk, :fk:fk:d:r:bp, :fk:fk:x(47%)

I wouldn't recommend the X-Ray variations unless your close to taking the round, kind of a waste of meter.

DrDogg

Noob
Okay, so I'm having problems with this combo:

It seems that the shocker either comes out late, or not at all. At what point should I be inputting the shocker notation?

Also, it would be very beneficial to add damage percentages to the combos in the OP.

(that actually goes for all of the character forums)

B W1zZ

Noob

It seems that the shocker either comes out late, or not at all. At what point should I be inputting the shocker notation?

I usually wait until he's almost done teleporting, the timing is strict on that one.

SGX

Noob
For midscreen BnB I'm using :fk:fk:bk xx teleport :fp:d:r:bp :l:fk:fp xx fly

IMO, timing the fp after teleport as opposed to the shock is much easier. Also, the last hit of :l:fk:fp:bp is prone to whiff if your timing is not dead on.

Raiden doesn't seem to have any X-Ray combos that are worth the meter. This can almost be a good thing, since it allows him to save meter for breakers and the occasional :en

Great minds think alike guys.

I was just about to post the :fp tip on the mid screen teleport combo but SGX beat me to it.

Really enjoying Raiden, his teleport is ridiculously fast. Catches a lot of people off guard.

Also, it would be very beneficial to add damage percentages to the combos in the OP.

(that actually goes for all of the character forums)
The way i have found to do it consistently is to mash the BP of the shocker after inputing the directional commands. It feels scrub-ish but whatever works right xD

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
is there a way to jump from crouching without teleporting? how do you not get the wrong input for characters with UP DOWN teleport moves? cheers

i found a very easy and usable bnb for raiden that does 35% and carries the opponent into the corner from almost anywhere

<-+FKFPBP<-FKFPBP~shocker<-+fk~electricfly

this video is unbelievably shitty quality

Keithd

Noob
Just wanted to point out one thing about the specials description on teleport. It says that when the opponent is cornered by raiden that he can only teleport in front of them. He can actually naked teleport behind someone when they're cornered, but if you teleport during a string when they are cornered he stays in front. Not sure if it works like that for every character, just tested it on sub zero and that was it.

Also for standard combo #3 you can do:l:fk:fp:bp, dash :l:fk:fp:bp shocker, :l:fk:fp elec fly to tack on an extra 2% damage :ninja:

i found a very easy and usable bnb for raiden that does 35% and carries the opponent into the corner from almost anywhere

This is so abusable hahahaha. Thanks man. I shouldve tried FKFPBP two times in a row. God I am stupid for not trying it

Xyero

Noob

I can't get the shocker after the second FKFPBP Do i have to dash?

Why

Noob
I notice that most combos here go from shocker straight into b+3,1,2, electric fly. I have not seen anyone mention that you can follow up shocker with f+2, vicinity blast, j3/4, electric fly, which is slightly more damaging. What's the disadvantage to using this instead of b+3,1,2? It's a bit harder to do in some situations, but I haven't had much of a problem with it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Fighting Raiden with the teleport/flying push is a guessing game....but if you guess right and block a flying push, Raiden gets punished. Personally, I think they could nerf the speed of his flying push as this is a relatively easy, scrub tactic you can easily abuse.

Raiden's online get predictable with it though after a while, with the delay I actually don't mind it when fighitng Raiden as I can see the teleport ocming and punish with an uppercut or down BK every time.

Solex

Noob
I notice that most combos here go from shocker straight into b+3,1,2, electric fly. I have not seen anyone mention that you can follow up shocker with f+2, vicinity blast, j3/4, electric fly, which is slightly more damaging. What's the disadvantage to using this instead of b+3,1,2? It's a bit harder to do in some situations, but I haven't had much of a problem with it.
hmmm interesting find there, idk about the others but ill be using that from now on and i think ur the first one to find and post about it friend

i found a couple of issues tho it dosnt seem to work all of the time after a shocker either the vicinity blast wont hit or the elec fly wont connect because the enemy is to low

im pretty sure the only times its worth it is midscreen, in the corner you can always get the same dmg or more without doing it, and it will only work on specific starters like
Shocker
:l :bp, :r :fp ex shocker
:fp :bp :fp, shocker
:fk :fk :bk, teleport shocker(not sure about this one could someone test please?)

then again my execution is trash so what combos do you have involving that ender?

by the way does anyone have a stronger meterless corner combo than this?

:fk :fk :bk vicinity blast, :fk :fk :bk, :fk :fk shocker, :fp :bp :fp :bp elecfly. 42%