What's new

Please explain a few things for me.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Usefulness of D1

F32 only if F3 whiffs?

21f2,when to use best

pokes,why not d3 over d1?

11/11f1 why not d3 instead of 11 d3,can't i be poked?

matchups where if he has a decent life lead he wins even if zoning (for example cage-noob at 75-25% hp)

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
D1 is a good Anti Air/good anti cross up
Its bad though because if blocked you're at a disadvantage and you can also accidentally nut punch alot.

f3 2 is a good tool to get in on someone, so if the f3 whiffs and the 2 hits you are in. I'm pretty sure that is neutral on block?

21f2 can be used as a quick punish, or for maximum damage in the corner. You can also use it to do a really ghetto mixup game... 21, 21, 21f2 (for example) If they block the f2 they are out of your pressure unless they are in the corner. This move can also be used to create a Hard Knockdown/splat knockdown set up in the corner. 21f2 21f2 21f2 in the corner causes your opponent to splat. In which you can usually back up and bait a jump/wake up or you can start charging up a b2 (really gimmicky)

D3 isn't a huge disadvantage on block

No, it jails after a jump punch.

v Sub-Zero. I just got the lead against him, I have maybe 1 bar of meter and he is sitting full screen just shooting ice balls at me. I'm going to sit back because his options of offense against Cage are very little. Cage is very agile so he can generally move around/dodge a lot.
v Noob Saibot. This match is a little harder to turtle but again if you have 75% over 25% and you know you can block his mixup of shadows sure you'll make it. You're better off just trading some moves for the win (maybe a red shadow kick and a force ball if they are ONLY doing shadows...).

Yikes, my first "big" post.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
D1 is a good Anti Air/good anti cross up
Its bad though because if blocked you're at a disadvantage and you can also accidentally nut punch alot.

f3 2 is a good tool to get in on someone, so if the f3 whiffs and the 2 hits you are in. I'm pretty sure that is neutral on block?

21f2 can be used as a quick punish, or for maximum damage in the corner. You can also use it to do a really ghetto mixup game... 21, 21, 21f2 (for example) If they block the f2 they are out of your pressure unless they are in the corner. This move can also be used to create a Hard Knockdown/splat knockdown set up in the corner. 21f2 21f2 21f2 in the corner causes your opponent to splat. In which you can usually back up and bait a jump/wake up or you can start charging up a b2 (really gimmicky)

D3 isn't a huge disadvantage on block

Yikes, my first "big" post.
I know my punishes,jip adv and how to poke,i just wanna know why people do 11 d3 after a f3 instead of just d3

about d1 i don't mean as anti air,i'm saying during pressure.

and how should i use 21f2 as an advancing attack?

personally i use a f33ex forceball after a jip.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I know my punishes,jip adv and how to poke,i just wanna know why people do 11 d3 after a f3 instead of just d3

Cause all Cage players are a bit Different, there are TONS of options you have at your disposal.

D1 during pressure, again, will sooner or later be blocked in the match and the pressure is over!

You really can't use 21f2 as an advancing attack unless you want to push them in the corner... Mid Screen you're just gonna push them away!

And thats Fine, Thats how your Johnny C do.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Cause all Cage players are a bit Different, there are TONS of options you have at your disposal.

D1 during pressure, again, will sooner or later be blocked in the match and the pressure is over!

You really can't use 21f2 as an advancing attack unless you want to push them in the corner... Mid Screen you're just gonna push them away!

And thats Fine, Thats how your Johnny C do.
21?

and i can use 21f2 to whiff punish,right?

thanks btw

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You can use 21, I wouldn't depend on it as much as F3 though.

and yes 21f2 is a good whiff punisher... So is 11/13 nutpunch against some really fast moves.
Yeah,i know about 13,it can be used to punish a point blank smoke bomb right?13nutpunch

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe

If you f3 then d3, I'm pretty sure opponent could just jump out. If you f3 11 d3 and they try to jump out you could juggle them with dash 2 dash 2 dash 44 nutpunch am I right?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
If you f3 then d3, I'm pretty sure opponent could just jump out. If you f3 11 d3 and they try to jump out you could juggle them with dash 2 dash 2 dash 44 nutpunch am I right?
thats IF they jump out, even then d3 is fast enough to react to the jump

f3 11 d3...they COULD duck the 11 and uppercut. Its all by chance and how the opponent reacts to it, there is no set way to do Cage's pressure for the most part other than what the opponent is doing/ is playing like

Zwooosh

Worst Lao Ever.
I find getting them to respect 2,2 works aswell because it just widens the mixup of 21f2.
Also his d4 is very good.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
I find getting them to respect 2,2 works aswell because it just widens the mixup of 21f2.
Also his d4 is very good.
i was noticing that as well recently i thought "man cage actually has a really good d4" I will also throw some 2's into his pressure sometimes also"

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Mikemetroid What're your thoughts on 21B4? I honestly cannot say that I've had anyone block it, ever. It's not very good though considering it's +1 on hit and -8 on block. Still, perhaps it'd instill a "Hey! He's doing that 21 string again! I'm gonna block low!" into someone's head thus making the overhead into F3 nut punch a semi-viable gimmick? lol

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Mikemetroid What're your thoughts on 21B4? I honestly cannot say that I've had anyone block it, ever. It's not very good though considering it's +1 on hit and -8 on block. Still, perhaps it'd instill a "Hey! He's doing that 21 string again! I'm gonna block low!" into someone's head thus making the overhead into F3 nut punch a semi-viable gimmick? lol
good way to surprise someone...Flip kick after it to finish the round?

If a Cage starts doing that move, they are in your head and trolling the shit out of you.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
good way to surprise someone...Flip kick after it to finish the round?

If a Cage starts doing that move, they are in your head and trolling the shit out of you.
rofl yeah they are, I do it a lot just for the lulz. Nobody knows the string nor does anyone respect it, though I genuinely do think it sucks ass lol

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
lol you would think you'd get some kind of decent advantag for hitting 21b4 but no might as well be neutral on hit and have cage bend over so the opponent can fuck him in the ass if its blocked. lol but i still do it sometimes anyway because it lands 100% of the time lol. and if you're playin someone dumb enough to block low on the 21 string than they probably aren't gonna punish you anyway lol.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
man thats the only buff i wish they would give cage imagine a + 5 or even a plus 3 on hit after 21b4 omg his 21 mixups would be the best in the game lmao alos guys you should start throwing more after nutpunch and sweep as well too mix it up IF your footsies are good. the reason i say this is because if you watched evo JOP almost always threw after nutpunch and look what happened, chris g tried to tech sometimes and got f33 nutpunched again, now i dont recommend this against kenshi or kabal or even freddy or noob because its hard to approach those characters but a match up like jax or lui knag or baraka or even kitana i would create a mix up everytime your in on those characters, god i just wish cage had a throw like sonya where they fall right infront of her and shes like +13. i also sweep in the corner sometimes after nutpunch if its locked your at adv and if it hits you get free %7 and you can bait a wake up or jump ect ect.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
That's something I really love in this game. Everyone is a little different in their style. Like as a Kenshi player, we all basically know that same things but we play different. Blackula and myself share stuff all the time but I think our Kenshis are very different. You can be a zoner, you can rush down, you can focus on frame traps, or you can throw out close range flurries all day to get yourself killed. :)

Find your style and go with it!

I don't agree with using 21b4. Most opponents should be crouch blocking against Cage and fuzzy guarding the overhead. If they get hit by 21b4, it's not a big deal anyways. You can't really create mindgames with 21f2 and 21b4... I mean, as a person fighting Cage, would you rather block the overhead that leads to 30% with a nutpunch, or the low that does like 5% or whatever? According to the frame data, 21b4 is +1 on hit, and -8 on block, so it's punishable with fast specials. Against a Kung Lao that blocks it, that's an easy 30% of your life gone for very little reward. If your opponent is standing, stick with 11f1 and f3 mixups. 21b4 is just not worth it in my opinion.

21 f2 is amazing because after 21 people like to stand block allow you to implement frame traps because they standing or just that the fact the people love to fuck around and poke after 21 and it leaves you at a great footsieing distance.

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
I use 21b4 to kill pressure :) once you kill pressure almost everyone feels that jumping out is the best answer to get away and thats when you dash up 1. once they're to scared to jump your in theyre head. gg's