What's new

Play DOOM Eternal

Question all: Since the 6.66 update, does the four splash screens telling you about all the new content in said update come up every time you boot up the game?

Because it does for me on Xbox One X, and I'm hoping it's a general bug as it's quite the nuisance.

Question all: Since the 6.66 update, does the four splash screens telling you about all the new content in said update come up every time you boot up the game?

Because it does for me on Xbox One X, and I'm hoping it's a general bug as it's quite the nuisance.
I found a solution: a complete uninstall and re-install. I guess something didn't patch properly on my end.

Also on PC I'm having a lower framerate with Nvidia's latest drivers. I'm playing at 1080p with RT / DLSS Quality ON and I get heavy dips (From 144fps to 65 fps) on areas with lots of enemies. It wasn't happening before. Nvidia took note of it but I don't known when they'll release a fix for this.

Also on PC I'm having a lower framerate with Nvidia's latest drivers. I'm playing at 1080p with RT / DLSS Quality ON and I get heavy dips (From 144fps to 65 fps) on areas with lots of enemies. It wasn't happening before. Nvidia took note of it but I don't known when they'll release a fix for this.
Jebus. I'm happy with a solid 60 FPS!

Jebus. I'm happy with a solid 60 FPS!
When you go 144 fps there's no going back :laughing:

But if there are performance problems like this I imagine people with lower-end RT cards are getting it worse. If this happens with DLSS enabled then it's something that needs to be looked at.

Just finished up my 4th playthrough of the game. I did start on Nightmare, but couldn't get past Cultist Base, so I started over on Ultra-Violence.

Fantastic gameplay experience! I love the tools, how the game pushes and teaches you to use them, and how most deaths really are from your own mistakes.

Going to focus on a few other games, and then go at "The Ancient Gods" again.