What's new

Picking your characters in story mode

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So about 1 month ago, ALL of my offline data was completely erased. I have slowly gone through story mode to chapter 13, and I must say... It is the biggest waste of time. Yes, the first time the story was a little intriguing. But because you can skip the cutscenes all you have are the matches themselves.

Which brings me to my point: We should be able to pick which character we play as. Baraka, Sindel and a ton of the characters I actually know aren't playable in the story mode. If anyone has ever played Tekken 6, basically you pick which character you play as, and the cutscenes are the same whichever character you pick. Now I know nostalgia is important, and playing as everyone might be fun for some, but we should at least have a choice. I hate having to go on beginner and spamming because I dont know how to play a certain character. Id rather go on a higher difficulty and fight as Baraka.

At the very least though, they need to make it to where you can skip the cutscenes.

Thoughts?

gdf

Noob
It wouldn't be a story if it had a lot of actions dependent on the character. And Tekken 6's story wasn't that great, sure it was fun, but by comparing apples to oranges, Mortal Kombat was better able to tell the story by limiting character usage.

Maybe it could be like Shaolin Monks in the respect you are talking about, different characters, but after you finish the game. Allowing for NRS' canon material to take precedence over fan choice, but still allowing it as an option. Post game.

Cut-scene skipping, I guess that would be fine. I watch cutscenes, but if someone just wants to get to the fighting then NRS could do that. Just not a huge priority, considering the cutscenes weren't actually very long.

definitely need to be able to skip cutscenes. but i like playing as everyone in the story mode because if you want to play whatever character you can play ladder.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Skippable cutscenes and choosable charachters would definitely make it better imo.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You can have all the cutscenes be for that specific character, but for the fights, you pick who you play as. And I know it's opinion, but I found this story to be barely better than Tekken's, and at least in Tekken you can pick who you play as.

And Cutscenes not being long? The first one is like 5 minutes, the rest of them are 1 to 2 minutes each. That adds up if you are having to play through it again to get your characters back.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Personally, I think the story mode would've been better purely from JC's viewpoint, nothing but cheesy cut scenes and bad one liners. OH YEAH! :cool:

gdf

Noob
When I said that the cutscenes aren't long, I meant the individual cutscenes, like you stated. 2-3 Minutes.
But notice the part after that where I said cutscene skipping would be fine.
Naturally I assumed during a replay that the cutscenes would be droll, and arduous due to the fact you have already finished story mode before.

I know that all you would like is the option to skip regardless of whether or not you have completed the storyline, but I'm not sure how the developers would feel about that. Unless of course they add the cutscenes as unlockables in the Krypt. Then having cutscene skipping during the first play through of story mode wouldn't be all that bad.