What's new

New Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox Series S/X

If it's as excellent as the Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One, when the time comes to buy a new Fighting Commander, I'll be sold.

What's "OCTA" stand for, and what's a "short throw" analogue stick mean?
And how big a role will adjustable d-pad sensitivity play? sounds interesting to me

I really did not like the d pad on the hori fight pad for xbox one. Everything about the controller was great other than that, but thats a deal breaker. I remember going back to just regular xbox controller and suddenly i could do nimble reptile slow mo combos. The d pad doesn't look very convincing on this either but I'll wait and see.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Lots of people talk up the hori FC4 but I burned through 2 of them in MKX in 6 months, and my friend also had his stop working during that time too
they just don't hold up to regular use like a stock playstation controller.

Lots of people talk up the hori FC4 but I burned through 2 of them in MKX in 6 months, and my friend also had his stop working during that time too
I had a Hori Gem Pad, and it took two or three years to start having D-Pad issues. My Fighting Commander for Xbox One I've had now for a year and a half, and it's still great.

Perhaps the PlayStation version of the Controller has slightly different construction making it more prone to wear-and-tear?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Will be copping one when it drops. This could be the pad we're looking for.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I had a Hori FC Pro (update to the FC4), and it was arguably the most durable pad I've ever used, for the most part. Didn't take care of the cable properly, so it frayed and died eventually. The FC5 was pretty bad in terms of durability, though.

I was looking for a good fighting controller, and I came across the Hori fighting Commander OCTA. But once I look up a review, I notice that this controller isn't so good recieved. The controller have a massive issue, the D-pad is constantly restting to center when you change position. Even if you hold the outside of the d-pad.

My qeustion is, did they fixed this issue? If not, than I would rather look for a other brand. (i'm on PC).

Last edited:

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I was looking for a good fighting controller, and I came across the Hori fighting Commander OCTA. But once I look up a review, I notice that this controller isn't so good recieved. The controller have a massive issue, the D-pad is constantly restting to center when you change position. Even if you hold the outside of the d-pad.

My qeustion is, did they fixed this issue? If not, than I would rather look for a other brand. (i'm on PC).

This issue was fixed pretty quickly through a firmware update a few years ago

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/n6xldq

iNoScopedJFK

Silent Salty Solider
Ah nice, can you recommend it or is there any other brand that is better? Price I don't really mind.
Ive been using the Octa for SF6 and now MK1 and I highly recommend it. I'm on PS5 and I think the Dual Sense is an ass controller for fighting games. I noticed an immediate improvement to my gameplay once I started using the Octa.

Ive been using the Octa for SF6 and now MK1 and I highly recommend it. I'm on PS5 and I think the Dual Sense is an ass controller for fighting games. I noticed an immediate improvement to my gameplay once I started using the Octa.
Thank you, I'm going to order one aswell then. I'm using the Xbox one controller for MK1. Problem I'm facing is that my character sometimes goes in the wrong direction. Like I'm going to left, but then jumps instead.

Maybe a issue with my controller. I also have the Steam controller. But Steam controller is anyway not very good, in any game. Regret in buying that controller.

I'm going to order the Octa aswell, I have anyway 14 day return policy. Thank you for the info.