What's new

Strategy New Corner BNB

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So I was playing Pig on sunday and I realized how nice it was to end combos with 112 EDC f212 1+2. Against characters like kenshi it works every time because of his hitbox. Then I decided to look for that thread with the breakdown of characters on who f2 hits on crouch block and whiff. so Therefore...I'm back in the lab with Skarlet.

So we already know that with enough cancel advantage off a combo ending in 112, you can make 112 or 114 hit. Well standing 1 is only 10 frames so I decided to find out if I could make f2 hit. By doing this with every character and working on who it hits and doesnt hit, I found a new corner combo that takes advantage of the EH dagger whiffing in the corner. It uses the cancel advantage off of 112 and allows you to land a f212 string after the reset. I have more info to share about this but I wanted to make a quick vid of what I had. This is 100% guaranteed for every character regardless of hitbox, you cannot neutral crouch, and It costs only one bar of meter (that you build back in chip after the reset) ENJOY!!

ryublaze

Noob
You can get the EX Dagger to connect for an extra 2% if you do the reset low enough (in higher damaging corner combos) but I think low hitbox characters can duck under the F2 after it.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
You can get the EX Dagger to connect for an extra 2% if you do the reset low enough (in higher damaging corner combos) but I think low hitbox characters can duck under the F2 after it.
yea thats the thing. Low hit box characters get out. Even if the dagger still wiffs, too many air hits will make f2 duckable against mid hitbox characters, but doing it with enough cancel advantage, the f2 will hit on everyone.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Well, too many air hits means also more damage so I'll stay with my 41% reset or 45% slide BnB. Don't forget what the purpose of fighting : the bar life ^^

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Well, too many air hits means also more damage so I'll stay with my 41% reset or 45% slide BnB. Don't forget what the purpose of fighting : the bar life ^^
You do realize my corner bnb does over 60% for only 1/3 of a bar of meter right?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
B2 is kind of not really used. And lot of combo can do that much damage in corner, I expected mostly something in midscreen. I'll look into it but until now I don't really need it.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
B2 is kind of not really used. And lot of combo can do that much damage in corner, I expected mostly something in midscreen. I'll look into it but until now I don't really need it.
even with f4 starter its 47% plus 10% after for 57% total. There is no possible way to get more guaranteed damage than that in the corner without using more meter.

just saying.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Found my new corner BnB.... Good shit lol! This is kind of like how Kabal gets a 2~NDC after a reset with enough adv even vs. Small hitbox characters. Cool!

AssassiN

Noob
Here is my Corner BnB with F4
F4~ds, u3, 2, ds, b11f4~ds, b11f4~ds, 112 50% damage/ 52% w/jiP
That is the new combo that I've been using for a couple of days now :p.
Except I replaced the "2, ds" with "3, us" because it's more consistent for me. There are days where I can do the downslash all the time but I never like those odds.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
That is the new combo that I've been using for a couple of days now :p.
Except I replaced the "2, ds" with "3, us" because it's more consistent for me. There are days where I can do the downslash all the time but I never like those odds.
I noticed each one of us has his own corner BnB that seems to fit accordingly, there is no argue with that, now burning an extra bar to extend on chip damage is player specific, despites the 8% of extra chip.