What's new

Killer Frost vs Zoners

Burnout

Keep et Classy

My friend and my day 1 combo video of KF as we both like this character very much.

Hello fellow KFs.

I was wondering if the opponent is a heavy zoning character, what is the basic mind set I should have while playing as KF? Should I try to get in or should I just relax and throw my own projectiles?

She cannot outzone Raven.
Raven can duck your projectile and Soul Crush.
She can Reflect for meter, or EX it to gain momentum back.
She can Soul crush your Ice spike on block.

Killer Frost can punish Soul Crush with Ice Spike. She can with slide very close, but I'm not sure how close you need to be.

Raven, if she has a 25-30% life lead + can continue throwing projectiles without fear of trading since it will hit, or simply stay put. You need to slowly get in on Raven.

Burnout

Keep et Classy
I came 2nd in our local tournament using KF today. The only match up I was struggling against was Aquaman. Which is more preferred approach against Aquaman? Stay away or try to go in? I got a few overhead mixups but then jump in attempts are a big nono I experienced :/

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
I think KF vs aquaman works well in your favor. Combo starters pop him up like instantly, so his trait is worthless.

I like to stay in on him, his string start ups are really slow and you can keep the pressure on him pretty hard. Air dash around his trident stab special if you can read it.
I actually think you have a lot of options on aquaman, because your daggers trade better than anything he does, just make sure to trade. You can punish any of his projectiles w/ the iceberg. Just watch the midscreen spacing, because his strings have pretty dumb reach.
You can probably parry to slide if you're really quick.

Burnout

Keep et Classy
I think closing in him is ok after many practice against Aquaman players. The 1 think that pisses me off is his low 2 hitter stabs which is really fast. I can't even react even trying to do the armored overhead (f2 + mb) is not fast enough. I will see if I can improve and if I have any pointers I will post it here.

1 Thing I'm really happy about is that I can punish his water seismo thingy. Fk I hate that move.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
She cannot outzone Raven.
Raven can duck your projectile and Soul Crush.
She can Reflect for meter, or EX it to gain momentum back.
She can Soul crush your Ice spike on block.

Killer Frost can punish Soul Crush with Ice Spike. She can with slide very close, but I'm not sure how close you need to be.

Raven, if she has a 25-30% life lead + can continue throwing projectiles without fear of trading since it will hit, or simply stay put. You need to slowly get in on Raven.

You're pretty much right. If Raven is throwing raw projectiles at you, she's retarded and you can dash in for free any time. Make sure you wait for soul crush, Iceberg them, and dash in. This is the only safe way to get in on Raven.

Any tips on dealing with Green Lantern and Deathstroke's zoning? Those were the only two characters I lost too at a recent tourny here.

Any tips on dealing with Green Lantern and Deathstroke's zoning? Those were the only two characters I lost too at a recent tourny here.
you should be able to compete with gl well... zone him back and db2 that hoes projectiles... slide range is in your favor..

D1_

Noob
KF vs Cyborg is hella hard. He can use this move that has armor (F, UF) that has armor on startup and allows him o get outta bad situations vs KF up lose allowing him to spam fireballs from full screen and at different heights. If he shoots a standing fireball and I Iceberg he wins the trade cuz I get knocked down. He can also vary the height of his fireballs, best thing I've learned is if he oes it at a height I can slide Nader, if he's in range I can go ham sandwich. Any tips?