What's new

Killer Frost trait cancelling (Pre- 1.05 Patch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
she has 20 frames of recovery on this trait cancel (0 frame startup), not sure about the cancel advantage data or exactly how it works in this game.... but it smells like she can frame trap with this...

any thoughts??? btw shes super mobile has great mobility and counter-zoning and crossups and a decent projectile and a command grab and that shit everyone is whining about... i think most people agree shes toppy tier

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
ive been doing b+1 into charge cancel on block...2 charge cancel and then into another b+1, u+3 if they dont block the low. shes gunna have some dirty stuff...i also found that when you have full charge...you can do 2,2..111 midscreen into whatever or b+1, 111 into whatever....and b+113 over and over in the corner is good too before you launch.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
she has 20 frames of recovery on this trait cancel (0 frame startup), not sure about the cancel advantage data or exactly how it works in this game.... but it smells like she can frame trap with this...

any thoughts??? btw shes super mobile has great mobility and counter-zoning and crossups and a decent projectile and a command grab and that shit everyone is whining about... i think most people agree shes toppy tier
I made this when the game dropped and posted it in another thread. Some of it is not guaranteed pressure after testing, but it is still really good.

I use jump 3 into 111~4 then either OH/Slide mixup or 3~4 if I am in the corner for +15 or straight into f113 for +2.

The frame data says 16F of recovery, not 20. If it is indeed 16F, this should be the frame data on her moves, trait canceled on block:

3: +20
b+1: 0
b+2: -2
f+1: -1
f+2: +10
111: +15
f+11: +5
f+112: -13
22: +3
where did you get your cancel advantage data? btw i dont really even play this bitch im just curious.... might have too with this bullshit you just presented to me..

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
I took the 16 frames of recovery and replaced the recovery frames of her cancel-able moves, and added the difference to her block-stun. There may be a few active frames to deal with or some such, it's hard to say without the complete frame data. The only hard evidence I know for sure from this are that 1114 is a blockstring into itself if the opponent stands, and 224 has frame advantage on block.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Kitana and Skarlet players are Picking "Killer Slide", finnally the grunge will end ^^
I really think that skarlet players should play Harley Quinn. She has a similar style to skarlet and is less risky.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
This is her most powerful tool IMO. It makes her a pressure powerhouse. B1 4 or f2 4 with the threat of canceling into slide is crazy. Ending combos with f11 2~trait puts her at the perfect spacing for her 50/50 mixups. Once her trait cancelled strings are fully explored she will be Kabal v2.0.

KILLA_xGHOST

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't understand the point of b+1~4. It seems like it's barely any advantage on block. So if b+1 hits you're giving up a free combo. On block you barely get anything. Besides if they're sitting there scared to do anything and you can do a b+1 then you're already playing her game. You could just be doing f+3 and slide as a 50/50 to go into damage. There is no need for pressure there.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
This is her most powerful tool IMO. It makes her a pressure powerhouse. B1 4 or f2 4 with the threat of canceling into slide is crazy. Ending combos with f11 2~trait puts her at the perfect spacing for her 50/50 mixups. Once her trait cancelled strings are fully explored she will be Kabal v2.0.

KILLA_xGHOST
It is a nice tool to have advantage when cancelling the trait, and there is no doubt that it will be explored and applied in optimal situations. But when I break this game down it is totally about 50-50's/mixups, and not totally about pressure like MK9 was with say a Kabal or Cage. If Frost is close enough to do a b1, I am most likely either going to b1~slide, slide, or F3 / F3 MB since they lead into a lot of damage.

Cancel pressure might be something cool to explore in MU's like Aquaman; where you could apply some sort of block pressure until the trait runs out and then go into a combo that you can hit confirm into a launcher.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
It is a nice tool to have advantage when cancelling the trait, and there is no doubt that it will be explored and applied in optimal situations. But when I break this game down it is totally about 50-50's/mixups, and not totally about pressure like MK9 was with say a Kabal or Cage. If Frost is close enough to do a b1, I am most likely either going to b1~slide, slide, or F3 / F3 MB since they lead into a lot of damage.

Cancel pressure might be something cool to explore in MU's like Aquaman; where you could apply some sort of block pressure until the trait runs out and then go into a combo that you can hit confirm into a launcher.
I agree, KF as best I see her is about the 50/50s, not a hit-confirm into frame trap. Her normals aren't good for that except unless in the corner or you do a standing 3, which on hit destroys the 50/50.

Aquaman can't trait out of her f+3 or Slide, so you don't have to play the waiting game on him.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I agree, KF as best I see her is about the 50/50s, not a hit-confirm into frame trap. Her normals aren't good for that except unless in the corner or you do a standing 3, which on hit destroys the 50/50.

Aquaman can't trait out of her f+3 or Slide, so you don't have to play the waiting game on him.
Yep, what is annoying about Aquaman is activating trait after the command grab follow up. So that is the part where you would go into some trait cancel shenanigans and maybe they would have some use.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
What kills me is that even after his trait meter runs out... IT IS STILL ACTIVE! It was pissing me off last night because I would do a combo and purposefully do a second U3 to run the meter out then do my usual NJ2~f113~daggers into reset... he could still block... made me rage.

It's all about 111~4 into 50/50 vs Aqua once you land EX grab.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It may be better to forgo MB command grab and instead do meterless combos. Then try to stuff his wakeups with slide so you can setup a 50/50 on knockdown. That way you have more meter to block escape blocked trident fury.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It may be better to forgo MB command grab and instead do meterless combos. Then try to stuff his wakeups with slide so you can setup a 50/50 on knockdown. That way you have more meter to block escape blocked trident fury.
Good point. I'll mess with that this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.