What's new

Kenshi tournament play

I've been using Kenshi a lot in tournament play lately with much success. Here is a match of me vs. Awesomo (Cage / Kano). I didn't want to get caught in Cage's pressure traps so I stayed at max distance the entire time, using almost no combo's. It is so much fun using Kenshi to just push people away and keep them out at will =)

I have a video from last week's EGP tournament in Los Angeles where I pulled off my 52% corner xray combo, I'll try to get that uploaded tonight as well.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
i was in salty battle 6 couple of days, and OMG with these horrible TV's. People really arent fully aware that the slight lag or TV lag can SEVERELY hinder kenshi specially when countering with 1 framers or on reaction.

I came out as 5th, and crazy dominican swallowed me alive >< lol...to be honest part of it is this horrible TV, the other part is SIMPLY he has one of the best kitana in the U.S (dont think twice)....Fought Micheal bolton and scoot magee and ac1984 in the tournament. Used kenshi except for the Kung lao match got reptile out.
will be meeting with a lot of players this weekend for Hardcore MK action for a whole 3 days! attenders are:

-Citizensips, Ezail, Check, CD jr, CDominican, Maxter, Arturo, Reo, Dark Rob,(possible chris G?), (Possible Brady if he wanted to attend? ), Swifttomhanks, Ac1984, and Many more NYC/NJ players

will record the matches on Stream and cam! so i will try to catch some Kenshi gettin owned by those crazy players

the matches of salty battle are on Twitch TV, under Salty battle 6 (bifuteki)

PS: something i discovered...kenshi is an OKAY tournament player. But! he wont get u to first Stand against real competition!

Hey guys, Here are a couple of my Kenshi matches from last nights EGP tournament in Los Angeles. I wanted to post these 2 specifically due to the fact that I played Kenshi so differently against the 2 different opponents. The first video is a Kenshi mirror (I'm the normal red kenshi). I had actually never played this as a mirror match offline and wasn't entirely sure what to expect so I went into rushdown mode. Knowing that most Kenshi players like to stay at max range I figured my opponent wouldn't know what to do with me once I got inside. And I was correct. This match shows some good Kenshi air-to-air techniques as well as some good corner pressure. Forgive the silly way I played in the final round of the second match. I felt no pressure from my opponent so I was jumping around like a madman just trying to get off one of Kenshi's huge corner combos just for fun lol (i eventually get it at 2:25).

The second match was vs. Shords. If you are not familiar with Shords, he is a beastly Kitana player that I have had trouble with in the past. I was able to completely shut down all of Kitana's zoning from range in this match. BUT... big props to Shords for getting me back later on in the tournament lol. You can watch the actual stream archive of this match with commentary @ http://www.twitch.tv/epicgp/b/302632100 @ the 16 minute mark of the video.

I hope these are possibly helpful to someone, and hope you guys enjoy.

Sicario

Noob
These videos are awesome ! I have taked kenshi couple of weeks ago and this characters is so fun, you need read to opponent, and think before than him in the decision

I will upload some matches for you guys, every videos are good for improve...

davidovitch

In Europe!
Here's one of my matches. I'm not a very good player as you can see, but there are nice moments in there:

[video=youtube_share;pVh_1av2m2Y]http://youtu.be/pVh_1av2m2Y[/video]

Sicario

Noob
Here my match vs Kitana in WPGames Brazil 2012....

I dont know the match up vs Kitana, I had some problema with that (kitana especials)....

I will upload other match vs Kitana (He got first place)....

Hey guys, Here are a couple of my Kenshi matches from last nights EGP tournament in Los Angeles. I wanted to post these 2 specifically due to the fact that I played Kenshi so differently against the 2 different opponents. The first video is a Kenshi mirror (I'm the normal red kenshi). I had actually never played this as a mirror match offline and wasn't entirely sure what to expect so I went into rushdown mode. Knowing that most Kenshi players like to stay at max range I figured my opponent wouldn't know what to do with me once I got inside. And I was correct. This match shows some good Kenshi air-to-air techniques as well as some good corner pressure. Forgive the silly way I played in the final round of the second match. I felt no pressure from my opponent so I was jumping around like a madman just trying to get off one of Kenshi's huge corner combos just for fun lol (i eventually get it at 2:25).

The second match was vs. Shords. If you are not familiar with Shords, he is a beastly Kitana player that I have had trouble with in the past. I was able to completely shut down all of Kitana's zoning from range in this match. BUT... big props to Shords for getting me back later on in the tournament lol. You can watch the actual stream archive of this match with commentary @ http://www.twitch.tv/epicgp/b/302632100 @ the 16 minute mark of the video.

I hope these are possibly helpful to someone, and hope you guys enjoy.
dude ur the first person ive found that plays kenshi like i play him. awesome.