What's new

Joker Vs Zoning Help

arydious

Noob
Since Day one I have messed around with joker, I really enjoy his playstyle but I run into a couple bricks every now and then.

Zoning is a beast for me to work around with joker. When ever I fight Deathstroke it basically 2 steps forwards 3 steps back. Occasionally I am able to get in and use j3 and thats godlike but otherwise I have a tough time dealing with zoners. Its frustrating that his db3 disappears when he is it.

Anyways I figure someone will throw out some tips from here

Since Day one I have messed around with joker, I really enjoy his playstyle but I run into a couple bricks every now and then.

Zoning is a beast for me to work around with joker. When ever I fight Deathstroke it basically 2 steps forwards 3 steps back. Occasionally I am able to get in and use j3 and thats godlike but otherwise I have a tough time dealing with zoners. Its frustrating that his db3 disappears when he is it.

Anyways I figure someone will throw out some tips from here
I've had great success against Deathstroke w/ Joker. My strategy has been to not go to DS and to make DS come to me. Block DS's shots and then return a shot of your own to punish. Gas cannister comes out slower so sometimes you take a hit w/ it but I still throw a few rolling cannisters out to knock the DS player out of his comfort zone.

This strategy has worked for other zoning characters as well (Sinestro, Aquaman). Joker's shot comes out fast and is very useful to punish.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Are you on xbox? If so, add me and we can go into practice together. I actually just helped another Joker player yesterday overcome your exact issues. There are a number of tactics you can use, but until you can actually put them into practice against a good Deathstroke player in a non-competitive setting, it can be incredibly difficult to learn when to use what strategy.

I've had great success against Deathstroke w/ Joker. My strategy has been to not go to DS and to make DS come to me. Block DS's shots and then return a shot of your own to punish. Gas cannister comes out slower so sometimes you take a hit w/ it but I still throw a few rolling cannisters out to knock the DS player out of his comfort zone.

This strategy has worked for other zoning characters as well (Sinestro, Aquaman). Joker's shot comes out fast and is very useful to punish.
I not too sure of this. Fighting a decent Deathstroke at his own game is a losing battle. Low Shots will go under his revolver and his gas canisters are too slow. I think Joker has to approach this like the other characters that have to inch their way in.

arydious

Noob
I am on PSN so can't get that xbox going. I can do the return fire Jokers gun is amazing but when DS starts going for low shots thats when crap gets real, then he will air shot to prevent my jokers J3 from happening. I also get caught by Assault rifle MB all the time.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
with jokers good dash, gunshot and sweep, you couldnt really ask for more in this MU