What's new

Tech Is this tech?

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
So I'm messing around in practice mode and I'm practicing my instant overhead Jid3 in the corner. But as I was doing this over and over as fast as I could I noticed that if you hold up as the the Jid3 is occurring then immediately do another d3 as soon as he's airborne it creates some weird stance reversal on your opponent causing lobo to dive away from them. I figured this could potentially be useful to screw up wakeup attacks but the only thing I can see you doing off of this is low space hook or regular space hook.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
BTW if you do it to early it causes lobo to sweep away from your opponent. To late and its the same as a regular Jid3

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Ok I figured out how it completely works after the hard knockdown from the first jid3 jump up while holding forward, as soon as the opponent starts to rise hit d3 depending on the timing it will either cause him to dive away or be a reversed cross up.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
As in with a wake up attack? I havent tried Ive been trying to get this to come out as consistent as possible but let me test it and I'll post my result in the thread. its a little tricky to do but pretty cool if we're to get some use out of it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I know I liked fiddling with his quick-stands earlier today so it'd be cool if he has some more to work with.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Nightwing has anti wake up in the corner which can be done by ending in a hard knockdown, dashing forward and then performing flip kick.

Doomsday can reverse wake up inputs by doing earthquake and then forward dashing the opponent in the corner.

Keep at it bud, I'm sure you'll produce something.

As I expected, this is just like the corner tech made for a ton of characters already. This tech being, you get a knockdown in the corner, do a move that ever-so-slightly moves your/the opponent's body, and if they try to reversal out, they go in the complete opposite direction, normally allowing for full-combo whiff punishes. However, when doing this with Lobo vs Superman's Flying Grab reversal, Lobo does not recover in time to whiff punish Superman. Same goes for Joker's Acid Blossom. Superman's Low Scoop also fits into this category.

VS Green Lantern's Lantern Might wakeup, Lobo dives into the active frames of Lantern's Might and is punished for a full combo by Hal. This also goes for Killer Frost's wakeup Slide, Raven's Soul Crush, Nightwing's Staff Spin (you can actually time it to whiff in the corner, but by the time you try to do something, you get hit from the behind of Nightwing's hitboxes for Staff Spin), Batgirl's cartwheel, and Sinestro's Arachnid Sting. You get hit by Deathstroke's Sword Flip since lolthehitboxonthatmove, same goes for Sword Spin.

Those were all the notable wakeups I could think of off the top of my head, and Lobo either gets nothing or loses the trade-off. If I'm missing something about your setup, let me know and I'll test this again with the information provided.

BTW, I'm testing this by putting the opponent in Always Blocking while having your back to the corner on the Right side of the screen, doing MB Czar Toss, 3 xx Hook Charge, TK Party Crasher as soon as I recover.