What's new

I, Rydog J, accept Pig of the Hut's challenge

Ok here it is.

I, Rydog J, raiden main, creator of the ex shocker vid, #25 xbl ranked nerd and fellow working musician (bass) challenge Pig of the Hut, working musician (guitar) and general MK badass, to a race...

The fastest one to get their pic taken with John Amos wins.

What he did that already?...DAMMIT.

Ok we can play MK sometime. As long as we test first to make sure it's not horribly laggy (im in ohio and you're in georgia i think). I'm sort of stuck in a Raiden rut where my patterns simply beat most people onlline. My brain is literally asleep most of the time. My ranked has tons of loses 'cause that's all I play, even if I'm plaing a char for the first time.

Lemme know when, cause i'm gonna make a vid of the matches and post it here (only if I win hehe). Might discover some new uses for ex shocker, which is the move I've been championing for a while now.

Actually I'll prolly get my ass handed to me, but that's alright. I need it. I'm getting way too cocky online, and it'll be a classic battle between an all online player and a tournament player such as yourself.

And, quite frankly, the Raiden forums could use some spicening up with a video like this, which is the real benefit.

And it'll be fun to play a good musician...for you I mean :)

glhf

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I accept 100%

Does the loser have to do anything ?

Send me a message on xbl and I'll add u

FT7? FT10?

Excited :)

cool. im excited too.

Prolly a first to 10.

dunno what the loser has to do...

1. winner gets to sit on loser's head and fart

2. loser is forced to play UMvC for a full 2 hours, or until a seizure ensues.

3. loser must add "I got my ass kicked by --winner's name-- and I can still feel the pain" to their tym sig for the rest of the year.

4. loser gets tied to a chair, blindfolded, and is forced to listen to audios of Tom Brady talking for a full 2 hours (or until petrification ensues)

any other ideas?

Huh.. I know I've played Rydog J before. Can't really remember who won, or if you even used Raiden against me.

Huh.. I know I've played Rydog J before. Can't really remember who won, or if you even used Raiden against me.
I very well may not have been raiden, i also like ermac and nightwolf, sometimes smoke and reptile, though online reptile is very overpowered since shoulder can't be punished, and it ruins the reptile experience for me.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
cool. im excited too.

Prolly a first to 10.

dunno what the loser has to do...

1. winner gets to sit on loser's head and fart

2. loser is forced to play UMvC for a full 2 hours, or until a seizure ensues.

3. loser must add "I got my ass kicked by --winner's name-- and I can still feel the pain" to their tym sig for the rest of the year.

4. loser gets tied to a chair, blindfolded, and is forced to listen to audios of Tom Brady talking for a full 2 hours (or until petrification ensues)

any other ideas?
loser has to record the video of the winner farting in their face haha

Pig Of The Hut

Yea man sorry I play on Ps3 and XBOx

I always play 100% on one system for 2 weeks at a time and tonight I'll switch back to XBOx cause of that online tourneystarting

U should hear from me tonight or tomorrow

Look forward to it

Ok so I met up with Pig of the Hut online just to do a few matches and check latency. The lag was fine, and he stomped me like a narc at a biker rally.

I mean he really beat the livin shite outta me.

As everyone in the Raiden section knows, the tele is very punishable, and he had a field day. He really got into my head, and his Mileena is such a beast I don't think I ever won a round, much less a match. He played some Kenshi, and I won a couple rounds, but never a match. I started panicking, and teleporting too much, and he punished the crap outta it.

I think my problem is that, even though I rank high on xbox live, I have trouble finding good matches where I have the opportunity to think and level up. My raiden hasn't gotten any better by playing online, in fact, i seem to be mentally tied up in patterns that work 97% of the time, except for really good players.

We had our headsets on, and this dude is super cool. We spent most of the time talking about our music and bands we've been in.

Pig's a fun dude, we had some good laughs and had a great time, and I hope he can stomp me again some other time.

It wasn't taped, and the video wouldn't have been very entertaining...just a "how to punish Raiden's tele" guide.

These tournament players are unreal. He had me downloaded in about 5 mins, and I was screwed lol.

Best time I've had online in a while.

Thanks Pig, and gg.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ok so I met up with Pig of the Hut online just to do a few matches and check latency. The lag was fine, and he stomped me like a narc at a biker rally.

As everyone in the Raiden section knows, the tele is very punishable, and he had a field day. He really got into my head, and his Mileena is such a beast I don't think I ever won a round, much less a match. He played some Kenshi, and I won a couple rounds, but never a match. I started panicking, and teleporting too much, and he punished the crap outta it.

I think my problem is that, even though I rank high on xbox live, I have trouble finding good matches where I have the opportunity to think and level up. My raiden hasn't gotten any better by playing online, in fact, i seem to be mentally tied up in patterns that work 97% of the time, except for really good players.

We had our headsets on, and this dude is super cool. We spent most of the time talking about our music and bands we've been in.

Pig's a fun dude, we had some good laughs and had a great time, and I hope he can stomp me again some other time.

It wasn't taped, and the video wouldn't have been very entertaining...just a "how to punish Raiden's tele" guide.

These tournament players are unreal. He had me downloaded in about 5 mins, and I was screwed lol.

Thanks Pig, and gg.
Classy...Pig is a very solid player man, he is definitely one of the best, he will make you play at your best.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
haha, great stuff .... you are great for take the defeat as a man, and being humble after that !! :D
yep, Pig is a beast , very skilled player and , seems totally fearless, he accepts challenges from anyone, hehe :p

Pig Of The Hut

Thanks Pig, and gg.
I walked away from our matches very excited because of the guy I met in this challenge

This guy is one of the coolest guys ever and i think we were separated as twins at birth cause between music and football we hit it off 100% instantly, did we just go on a date? lol just kidding no homo lol

This is another strong reason i love this community because 99% of the people i meet i could hang with, talk to and chill all day w any time.

Rygar is no slouch, his raiden did somethings where i had to sit and adjust. You can tell he knows whats up. Im very excited about playing music with you one day man either im coming to you or you coming to me. Also im going to send you some of that stuff soon. Got crazy real fast as we talked about us both having kids :)

Down for games anytime and would love to talk Match ups, music, moves, football again anytime also i gotta let u beat me down on AE, ive been itching to get back on it AE.

I think the #1 approach to fighting raiden is the player's approach on his offense. You really have to read what type of player it is you're playing. From there I decide the approach on my end.

talk to you soon buddy

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
so , lesson learned : not all challenge means hatred or tension between egos .... some friendship is possible in the high adrenalin level environment of competitive MK9 .... hehe :D ;)

Rydog J, not Rygar lolz. And ya, I'll polish up my Gouken a bit first, then play ya :) I havent playd AE much since I got hooked on MK9, but i played the hell outta vanilla and super.

Funny thing about that, I remember playing Rygar on the NES way back in the day, beating it within a week , then returning it back to Toys R Us and gettting another brand new game! (I'm old...37 lol)

It wasn't long till they fixed that return glitch...but it was sweet while it lasted. And back then, games were still 50 bucks, even Atari games.

Pig Of The Hut

Rydog J, not Rygar lolz. And ya, I'll polish up my Gouken a bit first, then play ya :) I havent playd AE much since I got hooked on MK9, but i played the hell outta vanilla and super.

Funny thing about that, I remember playing Rygar on the NES way back in the day, beating it within a week , then returning it back to Toys R Us and gettting another brand new game! (I'm old...37 lol)

It wasn't long till they fixed that return glitch...but it was sweet while it lasted. And back then, games were still 50 bucks, even Atari games.
I turn 30 feb 12th when did that happen?!?!

So most don't know when I type on the boards I'm on my iPhone 95% of the time. I get weird auto corrects sometimes. Some of them make me sound foreign

iPhone auto corrected rydog to rygar which I find hilarious

Btw that game pissed me off so much - bad memories , it was impossible

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I turn 30 feb 12th when did that happen?!?!

So most don't know when I type on the boards I'm on my iPhone 95% of the time. I get weird auto corrects sometimes. Some of them make me sound foreign

iPhone auto corrected rydog to rygar which I find hilarious

Btw that game pissed me off so much - bad memories , it was impossible
I post from my EVO so I feel ya on that LOL.

HAHAHA... Iphones rcognize Rygar as a legit word?? That's awesome. Either that or you had a text conversation at some point where you needed to save the word "Rygar," which is also awesome.