What's new

I have been unable to find the purpose of soul scatter, NRS please explain it to me?

its a point blank localized explosion that hits very slightly behind you. I have managed to hit scorpion (unreliably but still) after he wake up teleports by firing it off. hits them before they hit me after they teleport behind me. But this only works in this scenario, its too slow to do it on reaction when holding it.

you can charge it, but nobody will ever let you charge it, and you cannot load the charge like geras big fist.

Its property does not change when charged, just a bit more damage.

its cancel while not costing bar, also has basically the same recovery as when you cast it, so you cannot save yourself from being punished by canceling. I honestly have no idea what purpose this cancel serves.

its amp is the only thing that makes sense. But its still slow, and if your full screen your not getting your combo punish, its slow enough you basically have to use it on a read not a reaction to zoning.

screaming soul i get, its actually a pretty amazing move. well i get, its not very good because you have an odd obsession with making buff type moves be impossible to safely setup.

But scatter? outside of its amp it seems to serve no real purpose.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
nrs policy also seems to be about making a variation with no universal launcher

but besides that, bf1 screaming soul is fantastic, base db1 crashing flames is fantastic. well is...again seeming NRS policy. scatter though /shrug
Screaming Soul seems incredibly weird. It often gets beat out by other characters' projectiles and oftentimes won't trade because they often recover faster than Shang. But idk.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I think the idea is that if you cancel it off block strings, you create a mind game. Either you let it rip and it hits and you get plus frames or you charge and cancel.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
1. Allow Soul Scatter to keep the charge once its been cancel past lvl 1

Or​
2. Allow Soul Scatter to absorb projectiles

I will be happy with either of those options because right now the only time I use it, is when I don't have meter for DB1 and still want to be relatively safe or throwing my opponent off...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
1. Allow Soul Scatter to keep the charge once its been cancel past lvl 1

Or​
2. Allow Soul Scatter to absorb projectiles

I will be happy with either of those options because right now the only time I use it, is when I don't have meter for DB1 and still want to be relatively safe or throwing my opponent off...
I was honestly baffled when I saw it didn’t absorb projectiles.

Like I feel like it’s bugged, how can it not be designed to absorb them, that’s still so insane to me.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I was honestly baffled when I saw it didn’t absorb projectiles.

Like I feel like it’s bugged, how can it not be designed to absorb them, that’s still so insane to me.
Visually and frame data wise it looks like that's the route it was going towards, but midway they just said "nah" and gave us this.

As it stands right now Scatter Souls serve no real purpose other then making a string safe, but the funny thing is that Shang Tsung is already safe as is :confused:

I'm not big on asking for buffs or any type of balance change for characters I main but NRS plz lol

Last edited: