What's new

Question How to do instant air moves?

Sry for the begginer question again, but I'm pretty new sektor player (I was just maining sub before), so I'm also new to "instant air" mechanics. I see those top tier players do those teleport on a reguler basis so I want to learn it too.

I tried doing just: udf4 by sliding mi finger across all three directional buttons, but it seems that I can't get the teleport out fast enough. Am I doing the correct input? When some players do it, it seems sektor barely even jumps, the jump anymation is almost invisible...

I just wanna know if that kind of input is correct (NJ+TU in quick succesion). :)

DavS13

Noob
Sry for the begginer question again, but I'm pretty new sektor player (I was just maining sub before), so I'm also new to "instant air" mechanics. I see those top tier players do those teleport on a reguler basis so I want to learn it too.

I tried doing just: udf4 by sliding mi finger across all three directional buttons, but it seems that I can't get the teleport out fast enough. Am I doing the correct input? When some players do it, it seems sektor barely even jumps, the jump anymation is almost invisible...

I just wanna know if that kind of input is correct (NJ+TU in quick succesion). :)
It just takes practice, you'll get it down eventually. I believe the fastest way to IA Tele is to jump backwards, and as soon as sektor is airborne you tele. So you're kind of doing a 360 degrees clockwise push of all the directional buttons starting from "up".

It just takes practice, you'll get it down eventually. I believe the fastest way to IA Tele is to jump backwards, and as soon as sektor is airborne you tele. So you're kind of doing a 360 degrees clockwise push of all the directional buttons starting from "up".
Thanks very much, thats exactly what I needed! I already thought of angled jump being faster than neutral for that purpose, I'm going to the lab now :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The Input Bug makes that any instant air move inconsistent to get on first frame, in Kabal case is irrelevant because the gas blast hitbox is much bigger, but there are characters that are affected by the execution delay since taping up for 1 frame, will not take the character in the air.

The Input Bug makes that any instant air move inconsistent to get on first frame, in Kabal case is irrelevant because the gas blast hitbox is much bigger, but there are characters that are affected by the execution delay since taping up for 1 frame, will not take the character in the air.
hmmm, yeah I thought there could be something like that going on I've been suspecting this for quite some time. I've heard of input bug before just havent been exactly sure about what moves are affected by it. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Thanks again for that info man, I'm doing that 360 degreee push as u said, 3 minutes in practice mode and it works like a charm, love u man

I also wanna know whether it's possible to do wake-up instant TU or EXTU? I was watching some matches by ikizzle and it seemed that he was indeed capable of doing that.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Do it as two separate moves. Up or jump forward/backwards then df4 as character is in the air. Once you've got that down, press block as well for the enhanced teleport. It comes with practice

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Thanks very much, thats exactly what I needed! I already thought of angled jump being faster than neutral for that purpose, I'm going to the lab now :)
The neutral jump takes longer to jump but that also means you'll be lower when your teleport komes out. The angled jump is faster but that means by the time the teleport komes out you'll be higher up. I used to do neutral iatp and then started doing jump back more for the reason that I would be moving away from a projectile than the speed since they seem to be about the same once you get it down. Practicing all three is good for the Shang Matchup if you encounter it though.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I don't play Sektor, I'm a Mileena Main and in IGAU I am a HG main, both of which can do IA attacks, (Mileena's sais, HG MC and MT). These guys here have given you some good ways on that pertain to Sektor only, but the way I learned IA moves was more simple, just start out slow by jumping and putting in the inputs over and over and eventually you will just get faster and faster at it to the point where you just do all the time, but input bug can F you up a bit though too.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Try doing Kitana's instant air fans and the enhanced version as practice for Sektor. It's df1 but gives you the the speed and timing