What's new

Question - Sun God How do OS the command grab?

On kotal kon, the OS will only work for some normals and the opponent HAS to block the normal. The normals it works on are b1,d1,1,d3 and the string b1,3. Just cancel these blocked normals into sungods command throw and the opponent has to armor through or jump. Just remember, if the opponent is hit by the normal your cmd grab will whiff and can be punished.
That's not an OS. The OS is that you input the grab during the last possible frame(s) so that it only comes out on block, and not on hit. This works because the cancel window is larger on block than it is on hit. The list of normals that can be cancelled into a successful grab on block are d1, d3, d4, 1, b1, and b14.

That's not an OS. The OS is that you input the grab during the last possible frame(s) so that it only comes out on block, and not on hit. This works because the cancel window is larger on block than it is on hit. The list of normals that can be cancelled into a successful grab on block are d1, d3, d4, 1, b1, and b14.
So is it hard to do? because the thought of getting the grab out on the last possible frame sounds like ...ehh especially online.

So is it hard to do? because the thought of getting the grab out on the last possible frame sounds like ...ehh especially online.
Depends on the normal, I think. Try it yourself in practice mode by inputting the grab as late as possible after a normal on a blocking dummy, and once you think you've got an idea of how late you can do it, change the dummy to random block and test it. I personally think the OS off b1 is relatively easy, but I haven't really put much time into the others yet. Whether or not any of them are practical online... probably not, but maybe if you have it down in muscle memory and get a game with a good connection.

There's also other OS's that could get you a grab only on block using the 1+2+3 input and combinations of the three buttons (2~1~3, 3~1+2, etc.), but I don't know any for Kotal's grab, just the War God ones in Tomo's thread. Those are also possibly impractical online, though.