What's new

Fix Red Hood 32 mid

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
As things are, Red Hood’s 32 string, a mid normal in itself, will whiff against ducking females(found it out playing vs a WoWo).As in with Sub-Zero’s 33 string, I expect this string to become a TRUE mid against the whole cast.

Yours truly, SaucyD0ge.
Please do not subvert this thread from the original subject and, I invite all Red Hood mains here for confirmation.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Agree, but honestly WoWo hurt box needs to be fixed as well.
I’m not demanding some outrageous buff, am I?Can we fix female crouch boxes.I get that you want Catwoman to become microscopic when b3’ing, but not while crouching.

I once tried to whiff punish blue betle wake up with empty jump and.... 3+2 with Joker... guess what!.. the bastard low profiled it on recovery.... I got punished by trying to whiff punish Him instead:mad:

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Yeah Red Hood’s mids get low profiled by a lot of female characters, including his d1.

If nrs can make it so that his d1 has a different animation and his mids were not full combo punishable on whiff because of low profiling, that would be a helpful.

3,2. Tested on crouching stance blocking female fighters. The primary concern is the second hit whiffing on females. Three ranges: Arm's Distance (AD,) Spaced, & Whiff 3 (W3.)

On Starfire: AD, 2 is blocked; Spaced, 2 whiffs; W3, 2 is blocked.
On Supergirl: AD, 2 is blocked; Spaced, 2 whiffs; W3, 2 is blocked.
On Wonder Woman: AD (touch distance in her case,) 2 is blocked; spaced any further than touch distance, 2 whiffs; W3, 2 is blocked.
On Cheetah: AD and Spaced, 2 is blocked; max distance 3 to W3, 2 whiffs at the low point of her breathing animation.
On Poison Ivy: AD and Spaced, 2 is blocked; max distance 3, 2 whiffs inconsistently, (probably whiffs at the lowest point of Ivy's breathing;) W3, 2 is blocked.
On Harley Quinn: AD and Spaced, 2 is blocked; near-max distance 3 to W3, 2 whiffs if Harley is at the low point of her breathing animation.
On Catwoman: AD, 2 is blocked; Spaced, 2 whiffs; W3, 2 whiffs at the lower point of CW's breathing animation.
On Black Canary: AD, 2 is blocked; Spaced & W3, 2 whiffs if Canary is not at the highest point of her breathing animation.

Note: Seemingly inconsistent results can be investigated by paying attention to how their idle animations move them. It is important to vary the timing in case the blocks are done in sync with the animations. Fighters like Starfire and Wonder Woman have nearly non-existent upwards and downwards movement during their idle crouching animations, and this leads to the relatively consistent results against them. Note Two: Supergirl almost slips by like Wonder Woman does, but it seems that 2 manages to catch her during the later active frame at AD and while beyond touch distance. If this is truly the case against SG, the string is at least -6 on block instead of -7 when that happens.

My conclusion: 3,2 is partly fixed. Let us rejoice in this progress.