What's new

Final Kombat Prize Pool Increased to $200k!

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Great news but sad it wasn't this from the start - there might have been more buzz about pro komp generally from launch till now. I didn't even know the Brazil pro komp tourney had happened until seeing profile posts about it today, will have to go back and watch vods.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Great news but sad it wasn't this from the start - there might have been more buzz about pro komp generally from launch till now. I didn't even know the Brazil pro komp tourney had happened until seeing profile posts about it today, will have to go back and watch vods.
Completely agree. And I know people will see this as one of those “smh never satisfied” things, but seriously. It should’ve been $200k from the start at the minimum tbh. Yes, I know that anything NRS does for the competitive community is pretty much charity. It’s nowhere NEAR as mutually beneficial as it is for Capcom & SF or as it’d be for Tekken. But at the same time, I DO think both NRS and WB underestimate how much big hype tournaments help their game but also their image as a brand. It may not have a direct or immediate super beneficial outcome for the current game that is being featured, but it does wonders for the brand and for future endeavors. Not only when it comes to DLC and other stuff with the featured game itself, it helps tremendously people get more hype, invested, and overall trust NRS/WB more for future titles.

With all that said, they really need to up their promotion and marketing game when it comes to these tournaments. As well as buffing something that has been low tier for faaar too long. Which is of course their overall communication. Why are we just now hearing about Final Kombat’s Prize Pool being increased to $200k? And afaik, it hadn’t been announced until recently that Final Kombat will be in Canada, but maybe I just missed that announcement or something. And yes, it’s likely that WB is creating some possible roadblocks in that regard, which is why I’m addressing both of them.

At any rate, this is a good step in the right direction! I’m assuming this means the payout structure will look something like this:

1st: $80k
2nd: $40k
3rd: $20k
4th: $15k
5th: $7.5k (two players)
7th: $5k (two players)
9th: $2.5k (four players)
13th: $1.5k (four players)
17th: $1k (four players)

Which btw, below in the picture is what it was before when it was “$100k”. I put $100k in quotes because I’m pretty sure the below screenshot of the payout structure only equaled $90k… ¯\(ツ)

And afaik, it hadn’t been announced until recently that Final Kombat will be in Canada, but maybe I just missed that announcement or something.
I live right next to Toronto, and didn't know it was happening here. I'd laugh if it's actually in Mississauga.