What's new

Tech F2D13 as a combo ender + jump mixups?

So I've been using F213 as a combo ender recently because it allows you to do this:

F2D13 gives an untechable knockdown and grants you significant frame advantage. You can dash in and neutral jump air dash over them BEFORE their wakeup comes out. They would have to reverse wakeup input and if they're timings even a little off, their wakeup window is gone. In the video I show a couple options.

First option Ground Smash crosses them BACK up for full combo. The second variation hits them if they expected Ground Smash and tried to block. The third option is if they expected an Air Dash. If you expect a forward advancing wakeup, you can neutral jump and BACK air dash and drop a combo right on top of them.

Now this isn't foolproof. Some D2's can hit after you Air Dash, but I've seen a lot of D2's whiff because you're too high so Air Dashing at the peak of your jump is important. This is going to be character dependant too. For instance, Green Lantern gets blown up even if he wakes up with Lantern's Might unless he reverse inputs it, but Doomsday has some better options.

What do you guys think? Valid tech?

Im certain all his moves that cause an untechable knockdown shares the same cross up setups. However, Ive always wondered does Ground Smash actually cross up? Has anyone tested this with an actual person holding block?

Im certain all his moves that cause an untechable knockdown shares the same cross up setups. However, Ive always wondered does Ground Smash actually cross up? Has anyone tested this with an actual person holding block?
I just tested it. It doesn't. :(

And this video isn't really valid either. Not only does the "crossup" ground smash not work, but they can just walk and block it properly. :( :(

I'd say my second post in this thread would still be valid though, about just a straight jump in or jump in air dash.

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
I've been using f2d13 also but on hit I use fly punch to cross up instead of air dashes. I mix up with b1 dive kick and various air dash jump ins. What is f2d13 on block???

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
F2D13 is supposed to be +5 on block, but the 3 doesnt come out on block so its -4

Also, I wouldn't abuse ground smash since its not a true cross up and heavily punishable on block or whiff.

hah nice, just the ender i've been looking for... too bad i rarely play this stupid ass byitch character but goddamn hes a beast...