What's new

Question EX Dash blockstring option select?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Since everyone respects Ex Dash because they fear the overhead or the F4 that has 2f of armor like kabal flash parry, and since they're blocking standing why not F212,1+2 and get the most meter we could get?

Or even better, when they're about -7% life short, isn't this a free damage from slide?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Since everyone respects Ex Dash because they fear the overhead or the F4 that has 2f of armor like kabal flash parry, and since they're blocking standing why not F212,1+2 and get the most meter we could get?

Or even better, when they're about -7% life short, isn't this a free damage from slide?
probably because you're going to get upslash instead. either that or they'll see f2 coming from 10 miles away and react accordingly. and sure, why not slide?

EDIT: also this is not what option select means >_<

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
option select is when the same input generates two different results based on the situation. For example, an opponent attempting to cross over Cage while he's trying to f3 will get hit by a b3 instead.

AssassiN

Noob
Or in Skarlet's case, inputting F4DF3 does F4 + RD if the F4 hits or F43 if the F4 whiffs.
Another example is doing U3DF1 against Reptile's dash up-close, if U3 hits Reptile it will do far dagger if Reptile dashes through U3 it will turn Skarlet around and do close dagger.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I just started picking up Skarlet as a secondary to my main, from what I have been practicing with her lately the slide F121, is only gonna result in an up slash, which I agree is higly predictable, I would rather just slide in with a kick to gain me the time I need to create some breathing room, but thats just me...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I just started picking up Skarlet as a secondary to my main, from what I have been practicing with her lately the slide F121, is only gonna result in an up slash, which I agree is higly predictable, I would rather just slide in with a kick to gain me the time I need to create some breathing room, but thats just me...
I can hit all my inputs right at the first frame avaliavle after the last frame of rd or ex rd, i don't have problems with this.

When i picked Skarlet i barely could do 112 into ex dc, the up slash was been activated instead.

Anyway, this thread shall be deleted soon, if anyone agrees with, or i simply should reformulate the question

TheSpore

I can hit all my inputs right at the first frame avaliavle after the last frame of rd or ex rd, i don't have problems with this.

When i picked Skarlet i barely could do 112 into ex dc, the up slash was been activated instead.

Anyway, this thread shall be deleted soon, if anyone agrees with, or i simply should reformulate the question
As I said I just started hopping on the Skarlet Band wagon, I may give your suggestions a shot and see how they work out, I tend to be to safe when I play MK and maybe its time to start taking a few risks

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?

I've seen Fly do this. It's a good idea and can work. all depends on what your opponent does after you ex rd

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Thanks for the info guys, so auto correct inputs are called "option select" notes taken.

As I said I just started hopping on the Skarlet Band wagon, I may give your suggestions a shot and see how they work out, I tend to be to safe when I play MK and maybe its time to start taking a few risks
No, keep playing safe as much as you can, when Skarlet plays at risk, her risks becomes baitable, and this makes her lose honestly.

TheSpore

Thanks for the info guys, so auto correct inputs are called "option select" notes taken.

No, keep playing safe as much as you can, when Skarlet plays at risk, her risks becomes baitable, and this makes her lose honestly.
Good to know, one of biggest weaknesses is the fact that tend to grow into a predictable pattern, from what I have gotten out of my reasearch thus far is you have to be highly uppredictable to successfully use Skarlet.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I've seen Fly do this. It's a good idea and can work. all depends on what your opponent does after you ex rd

The more they respect your options after ex red dash the more likely you are to do this. After a combo ending in 112 rd, when people expect you to 114 or b11f4, they just hold block longer opening up opportunity for f212...(FYI I only sugest this on high hitbox characters. Otherwise it will whiff giving them more time to poke you out.)

ryublaze

Noob
Oooh now I get what everyone's talking about. When Eddy said "block standing" I got confused lol. I do just throw out F2,1,2,1+2 on high hitbox characters every now and then after empty red dashes cuz if they're going to keep blocking then you might as well do that string. Me, Fly and probably some other Skarlets have been doing this for a while now. This doesn't have to be after an EX Red Dash either, just any empty red dash. Doing it after a standing reset like Fly said is probably the best place to do it because they'll stay blocking. This might actually be better than 1,1,2, EX Dagger into F2,1,2,1+2 to save meter, and only do EX Dagger if you need guaranteed chip.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Oooh now I get what everyone's talking about. When Eddy said "block standing" I got confused lol. I do just throw out F2,1,2,1+2 on high hitbox characters every now and then after empty red dashes cuz if they're going to keep blocking then you might as well do that string. Me, Fly and probably some other Skarlets have been doing this for a while now. This doesn't have to be after an EX Red Dash either, just any empty red dash. Doing it after a standing reset like Fly said is probably the best place to do it because they'll stay blocking. This might actually be better than 1,1,2, EX Dagger into F2,1,2,1+2 to save meter, and only do EX Dagger if you need guaranteed chip.
Exactly this. They respect the option for you to 114 into 50/50 or pressure so why not take advantage of that and do a longer string that builds more meter, does more damage, grants you the same options on stand block, a combo on hit, and gives equivalent cancel advantage?

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
I love taking the slide. even on EXRD. Top tiers dont wake up often, but honestly the slide baits anybody to wake up and induce a punish. To me, mixing this up with no-knockdown pressure (godlike skarlet, but as previously stated, predictable) i.e. : round 1 lots of 112exdaggercanx's (and the similar) round 2 several slides to bait wake-up punishes.

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
And aren't some of those 'option selects' online only? am I crazy or does onine play compress and round off input a little bit? however offline, the game is closer to exact input>output? im sure there's a thread around for this, but i like talking into the air.

TheSpore

I know I defoinately need a lil help with the lady in red, I went using assuming she would play close to Mileena(in a way), but damn I was wrong...

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
And aren't some of those 'option selects' online only? am I crazy or does onine play compress and round off input a little bit? however offline, the game is closer to exact input>output? im sure there's a thread around for this, but i like talking into the air.
no. Input in and out is the same. Lag will just cause you to fuck up more often.