What's new

Eddy Wang's Sketch book

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey guys, i guess half of you know i'm also an artist, i've been sharing my work all over the web from the last 3 years since i've joined tym, but i think its time to follow @Decay II example and create my own thread and put them all in one place and update them, and sharing this same passion with you guys.

As you know, i'm a Die Hard MK fan, i don't care if ppl call me Fan Boy, i grew up with this game, it always was part of my life and growing process, and always felt like i did part of it in someway.

Some of you may know, that i joined a drawing crew named Omega Cosmos after i spent 6 months on a drawing school last year around this time, and i've been drawing and illustrating ever since, the rest of my crew has been busy with other things in life and other projects, so now i do all MK works by myself.

My biggest passion are MK girls, that is because i do have a great affect to female anatomy, last year i started a project named MK10 fan-artbook, which it would have all MK characters i would love to see playable on the next MK project, in this case, MKX, so lead to a series of drawings and revisions.

Without furter delay let me rewind back in time and give you my first ever work i shared on TYM 4 years ago during an MK9 competition promoted by @STORMS. i remember we had awesome artits back then, Fatality_Check have won the competition and there was someone who drew a character named Mommaraka!

I'm giving you this first because i want you guys to see trough the evolution.

Anyway i think that was the drop and i took myself into the only drawing school we had in the country and spent 600$ for 6 months lessons, they helped me by understanding the basic with geometrical figures and in the end of 6 month tough i wanted to continue the lessons unfortunately money becomed an issue, but this didn't stopped me to continue drawing and improving ever since.

School period

A few time later, i did this with my old digital pencil (it broke):

Still wasn't satisfied and started to work more tradictionaly and so then i started to work on these drawings:

Drahmin

Kia: During School period(2 weeks time) , i showed this to my teacher he give me some tips.

So it took some time, and i decided to start working with the MK10 Fan-Artbook, the plan was to create an unique Art Book with every MK character i wanted in with all costumes from MK1 to MK9

Of course, the first character to gain a sketch design had to be Skarlet (from Mk2, UMk3, MK9 and MK9 Vita Alts.
This one is called the Evolution of Skarlet.

Further on, i joined the Game-Art HQ and worked on the Sareena's Alt spot that was available for MK Armaggedon, it took me some time, but this was my first illustration i was really proud of.

I did showed to my teachers afterwards and he told me that i'm growing.
From this point on, i developed a passion for illustrating MK girls and took all the time of the world i could illustrating this piece.

Of course i continued my work with pencils too, but this time i had to quit the school because of money issues, so i joined Omega Cosmos with a friend of mine that i sent him to the drawing school to improve his natural talented skills first, and before i left i did this piece, in order to compare myself with my oldself, is something i do in the end of every month unconciously:

#Omega Period

So my friend liked my Artbook project and started to help me with, and since we're not stablished yet we fear ppl might try to steal some of our original works, so we kept having fun with the Artbook, i did the concept, my friend did the line art, and i completed with digital painting (photoshop)

First of we started all with MK mythologies female characters, we started with:

Kia

Jataaka

and Sareena

And then we did a artwork for the Artbook that also was for my Arcade Stick:

Although this was the last collab we did, he got pretty busy and i told him to focus more on School which is what he is doing right now, so i kept training and to continue this stuff alone.

After a while i did Tanya all by myself and illustrated, the work wasn't much perfect, but it fueled my spirit and turned me into a more confident artist, also after this drawing MKX got announced.

The confidence allowed me to work on Frost, and another friend from Omega (Leo Dizzy) he is also an MK player and Tekken Player, he did the rest with his digital skills and inked the drawing

I think i've been improving ever since, and decided to revise the 1st 3 collab works and do them myself to have a different prespective and i changed her design up a bit to match MKX, pencil first:

Photoshop much later on:

Note: Kerri Hoskins enjoyed this piece, she even told me she still has the costume on her basement, and she also told me Kia is dead :p

And now today i give you a tradictional Sketch of the Silver Demon, Jataaka:

Decay

King of the Bill
Cool stuff bro thanks for shouting me out and glad to inspire you to share your work. I'm looking forward to commenting more and critiquing your work soon. Keep up the good work

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
cool stuff eddy, loved that hooded skarlet!
Thanks you ^^

Cool stuff bro thanks for shouting me out and glad to inspire you to share your work. I'm looking forward to commenting more and critiquing your work soon. Keep up the good work
Thank you, ilustrating sometimes is frustrating to me, because i didn't had a teacher into this area, so i self teach myself most of the time :p
I wanted to ask you for a collab, but honestly i think is just too early for that :p

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
And now today i give you a tradictional Sketch of the Silver Demon, Jataaka:

So on July 29th i gave you this piece, and a few weeks later i've been working on illustrating this. Since its a new technique its not near perfect, but it has took me so much time that i felt like sharing, in order to get some feedbacks and point me in the right direction. Without further delay, here it is how does it looks now:

Since most of the time i feel like something is wrong, i get that sensation of not having a clear idea of what i'm doing, though i clearly know what i want.

I really want to improve this drawing more with some highlight colors and a few more diverse shades i might be able to get a good effect from it, the problem is that this is hella frustrating and is taking too freaking long.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I've been doing lots of scraps since yesterday, i think i will be doing at least once a day until i get back into top shape again

Yesterday Scrap, Skarlet in Alternate costume, but redesigned to match MKX style, with belts and hoods edition

Today's Scrap, btw, Denzell saw this one lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
For some reason i wakeup with these in my head, so recently everytime i have some time to spare, i draw them, first a draft then, i sketch in a comic format. And its getting bigger.

I'm not even sure if this is a comic or not, i just keep drawing them as much as i feel like i need to, well, it has six pages now, and the 7th is on its way.

Inspired by the Assassin's Creed Revelation Sountrack - On the Attack.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Well its been almost a week since i've shared anything so here it is some more scrap works:

And an Ink Process