What's new

Did everyone just give up on Superman

Im just saying not alot of activity going on and i rely on this site for match up discussions cause i play online but theres got to be a way for superman to overcome the mmh matchup i just dont believe that oh supes cant beat mmh guess ill quit no fuck that i want to know how ypu are supposed to play against mmh besides mb b3 the teleport...need some help!

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Hell. No. But Supes isn't some character with untapped nonsense like a Zod or something, people are coming up with resets and setups all the time but it doesn't come so easy for a Superman.

As for MMH I tend to do a lot of forward dashing as it can lead to a blowup with most of his moveshis moves: Teleports whiff (overhead is harder) and can be full punished, regular orbs can be dashed past and meteor projectile can whiff for full punish (depending on where you are on screen). His ground projectile is problematic with forward dashing though I'll take that damage not to be zoned out/teleport sniped. Online though is muuuuch harder.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Hell. No. But Supes isn't some character with untapped nonsense like a Zod or something, people are coming up with resets and setups all the time but it doesn't come so easy for a Superman.

As for MMH I tend to do a lot of forward dashing as it can lead to a blowup with most of his moveshis moves: Teleports whiff (overhead is harder) and can be full punished, regular orbs can be dashed past and meteor projectile can whiff for full punish (depending on where you are on screen). His ground projectile is problematic with forward dashing though I'll take that damage not to be zoned out/teleport sniped. Online though is muuuuch harder.
I've posted so much stuff in the main discussion forum that should encourage some people he is not dead. Has Slayer posted anything or know anything?

YOU CANT DO TOO MUCH AGAINST MARTIAN BUT IF HE TELEPORTS AND YOU DELAYED BLOCK IT YOU CAN PUNISH WITH F23. IF YOUR JUST PREEMPTIVELY WALKING BACK THE TELEPORT TURNS INTO ONLY -7. HOLDING FORWARD ON THE TELEPORT ALLOWS YOU TO FULL COMBO IT AS WELL. DASHING UNDERS NOT TOO GOOD BECAUSE THE HITBOX ON IT WILL RANDOMLY BLOW UP YOUR DASH. THIS IS ALL ASSUMING THEY TELEPORT(ASSUMING). MARTIAN WINS 6-4 BUT IMAGINE FIGHTING MARTIAN PLAYERS THAT IN DEPTH KNOW THE SUPERMAN MU LIKE SAJAM, GOOD LUCK. IF YOU AVOID FIGHTING A MMH, ZOD, WW, AQUA, SINESTRO,BATMAN, OR RAVEN YOU HAVE A HUGE CHANCE OF SUCCESS!!!!

DONT GIVE UP JUST GET YOUR DIVEPUNCH SETUPS READY!!! LOL.. ALSO ON MARTIAN DONT EVER USE TRAIT ON BLOCK UNLESS ITS STANDING 3 TRAIT WICH GIVES A FREE GRAB ATTEMPT BECAUSE YOU NEED TO GET MAX DAMAGE EVERY TIME YOU TOUCH HIM SO DONT BE STINGEY WITH METER BECAUSE IF HE HAS YOU ON CHIP YOU DIE. ALSO USE F2 BREATH BECAUSE THE SPACING IS SUCH TO WHERE IF THEY D1 AFTER AND YOU GO FOR AN IMMEDIATE F2 FOLLOW UP YOULL GET EM. I HAVE A BUNCH OF OTHER SPACING TRICKS AND SUCH SET UPS BUT YALL WILL HAVE TO TALK TO ME ON YOUR OWN TIME.

DarksydeDash

DONT GIVE UP JUST GET YOUR DIVEPUNCH SETUPS READY!!! LOL.. ALSO ON MARTIAN DONT EVER USE TRAIT ON BLOCK UNLESS ITS STANDING 3 TRAIT WICH GIVES A FREE GRAB ATTEMPT BECAUSE YOU NEED TO GET MAX DAMAGE EVERY TIME YOU TOUCH HIM SO DONT BE STINGEY WITH METER BECAUSE IF HE HAS YOU ON CHIP YOU DIE. ALSO USE F2 BREATH BECAUSE THE SPACING IS SUCH TO WHERE IF THEY D1 AFTER AND YOU GO FOR AN IMMEDIATE F2 FOLLOW UP YOULL GET EM. I HAVE A BUNCH OF OTHER SPACING TRICKS AND SUCH SET UPS BUT YALL WILL HAVE TO TALK TO ME ON YOUR OWN TIME.
Slayer that teleport punish tech is amazing! I have some stuff too like comboing after super punch is the corner. If you are on Xbox live please add me. Gt: DarkSydeDash. I could really use all the Superman help I can get.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Nice to see you here my man, pm coming soon

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
I think our SM community is really good. We need to stick together and keep grinding! I will never give up on Superman and I am gonna continue to grind those bad MUs. IMO we don't need a back up character, Superman can handle business!

Vagrant

Noob
Han almost took out Max at GBS with him.
I played knotterror last weekend who has a pretty good superman
Quantum uses him
KDZ still uses him, just isn't his exclusive character anymore.

F2 is a great footsie and whiff punisher
Air dash
damage
incredibly stupid damage in the corner with an option to setup an "unsafe" 50/50 reset afterwards.
decent zoning game
Trait helps him alot against armor focused characters and he doesn't have to worry much about mbb3 reads when it's out.

Seems plenty viable to me

DarksydeDash

To those who haven't seen it, I posted some more stuff in the G.D. (general discussion) for you guys to mess around with. Definitely try out the camera shift tech, it makes up for Supes not being able to go for a normal reset. ;)

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Superman just loses to popular characters (Batman, Zod, so-on). Its not that Superman has died out, just SM users have to look for answers to their losing MUs

Us Supes main have not given up, we're just looking for answers. The evolution of Superman will not include 50/50 divebomb corner resets. Anti-wakeup reads, sure but the 50/50's are all tech-rollable into non-crossups and punishable.

I believe F2~trait (+3 on block) will see a rise in popularity.