What's new

Question - Demolition Demolition Detonate button change?

Should the Detonate button change to Flip Stance similar to Quan Chi's bat?

• Keep the Detonate button as is

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Change the Detonate button to Flip Stance

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
As the title asks. While messing with Demo Sonya it felt weird pressing the 1 button after playing Quan with Summoner bat. Your using a flip stance to control the bat. Curious if it should apply to Sonya as well with Grenades.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
As the title asks. While messing with Demo Sonya it felt weird pressing the 1 button after playing Quan with Summoner bat. Your using a flip stance to control the bat. Curious if it should apply to Sonya as well with Grenades.
You may not realize this, but doing so would be a substantial nerf to Sonya since her optimal combos for the most part require Negative Edge. Move the detonate button and you lose that.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
You may not realize this, but doing so would be a substantial nerf to Sonya since her optimal combos for the most part require Negative Edge. Move the detonate button and you lose that.
On the contrary, it would create 10x more shenanigans lol. If grenade detonate was on LT or something like Quan's bat, all the negative edge tech would be possible without having to use negative edge.

NRS would have to do a lot of testing to make sure Demo Sonya doesn't come out like pre-release Tanya if that button changes. It would be a significant buff. I bet potential infinites would be possible.

But lets put that aside, be like Quan players and try to get this to happen because she needs it ;)

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
On the contrary, it would create 10x more shenanigans lol. If grenade detonate was on LT or something like Quan's bat, all the negative edge tech would be possible without having to use negative edge.

NRS would have to do a lot of testing to make sure Demo Sonya doesn't come out like pre-release Tanya if that button changes. It would be a significant buff. I bet potential infinites would be possible.

But lets put that aside, be like Quan players and try to get this to happen because she needs it ;)
Well, I'm always happy to be wrong. Ignore what I said earlier; let's break the game.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Forgive my poor searching skills but I did try at least... I've seen and heard plenty of mention of the negative edge use in her combos but no actual in-depth explanation of how it's utilized. Any chance you could elaborate, please?

I'm assuming negative edge has to be turned on in the control scheme for starters, which is already a weird notion to cope with...

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I really wish they would've found more use for this button in general. Hat Trick Lao callbacks, for example, would have made a lot more sense as far as I'm concerned as a single special button press rather than some idiotic down down input.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Honestly, I don't think it would matter either way. Because of that, I think it would just be unnecessary work for NRS and they should probably keep it as it is. Plus, everyone already has the muscle memory of how it is currently.